Broken Brilliance

Broken's 1st aftergame thread

+scuzzlebutt    23562

hai guize wuts goin on in dis thread

• Upvote 1

+Jazz    5538

Looks like I made a good decision

No flip sucks and you should advertise it when you post sign ups, its not even mafia

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

Looks like I made a good decision

No flip sucks and you should advertise it when you post sign ups, its not even mafia

It was advertised. No flip is better than flip, its just bad on forum because the game is slower. 

Not sure you're capable of liking a setup that isn't town favored.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, JC. said:

I do want to know the initial setup.

I can't remember everything but it had:

-an insane cop that didn't know he was insane

-one of the mechanics was "no lynch this day phase"

-another was "whoever gets lynched gets to shoot someone" which punishes town for playing well (if scum get a gun then that's absurd) and rewards them for playing poorly

-judas

-a serial killer which was later changed to a neutral thunderdomer (massively swingy) - we eventually ended up with the lyncher role

-a lynchproof mafia goon (until mylo, but...)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Antagonist said:

I can't remember everything but it had:

-an insane cop that didn't know he was insane

-one of the mechanics was "no lynch this day phase"

-another was "whoever gets lynched gets to shoot someone" which punishes town for playing well (if scum get a gun then that's absurd) and rewards them for playing poorly

-judas

-a serial killer which was later changed to a neutral thunderdomer (massively swingy) - we eventually ended up with the lyncher role

-a lynchproof mafia goon (until mylo, but...)

Ofc, i get the neutral role when its nerfed

+Jazz    5538
7 hours ago, Francis J Underwood said:

It was advertised. No flip is better than flip, its just bad on forum because the game is slower. 

Not sure you're capable of liking a setup that isn't town favored.

No he said it would be bastard. The most fundamental aspect of mafia is the flip reveal. Standard mafia rules isn’t town favored.

+Jazz    5538

Witch hunt isn’t mafia. It’s a game based off mafia. Rofl

+Jazz    5538

I’m not commenting on your specific game—I’m commenting on no flip games in general. As for your game you should have told players it would be no flip before sign ups.

2k19    392
On 10/1/2019 at 0:53 PM, Francis J Underwood said:

@2k19 time to take your lumps buddy

Bad call from me.

FMPOV Malcolm wagoned 3 townies (though the Faint one was early RXN and I didn't factor it in much) and I didn't think he could be that inaccurate, the weird wagon on Tyranno really threw me off on d1. It's just another lesson about playing here, need to reevaluate how I read some people.

• Upvote 1

2k19    392

I really hated the perceived (FMPOV) dichotomy of wagons on D1 being between Francis and Tyranno, but it was my fault for not taking up Francis on his offer to lynch rei. Total miscalculation from me.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, 2k19 said:

It's just another lesson about playing here, need to reevaluate how I read some people.

Lesson here is killing a player whose alignment you do not 100% know is always better than killing one you do. 

Im only upset about it because this is the second time in as many games i saw this happen (JC laying down and dying in Overlord). Like its one of the most ego centric moves you can make because its basically saying i trust my read more than doing whata objectively beat for my faction. I am glad it was punished this game so ppl wont make the mistake in the future

Edited by Francis J Underwood

2k19    392

I think it depends. My inaccurate d1 reads turned it into a bad play this game. In Overlord, given the thunderdome, there weren't many viable options because there wasn't a chance that scum would let us force an NL there

2 hours ago, 2k19 said:

I think it depends. My inaccurate d1 reads turned it into a bad play this game. In Overlord, given the thunderdome, there weren't many viable options because there wasn't a chance that scum would let us force an NL there

Right but heres the thing with the thunderdome: JC read Malcolm as town, but didnt know it. JC knew he himself was town. Its the same concept. The only thing different was the result.

The point is that no matter how hard you townread someone, you have to be humble enough to admit that you could be wrong and have to value your own life enough in that scenario to ensure your survival. 

2k19    392
34 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

Right but heres the thing with the thunderdome: JC read Malcolm as town, but didnt know it. JC knew he himself was town. Its the same concept. The only thing different was the result.

The point is that no matter how hard you townread someone, you have to be humble enough to admit that you could be wrong and have to value your own life enough in that scenario to ensure your survival.

depends on the situation, sometimes you have to be humble enough to admit that someone else has a better chance of helping town crack the game depending on various factors. JC was (rightfully) doubting his own reads and even the mechanical information in the game

2k19    392
On 10/1/2019 at 1:03 PM, JC. said:

btw my entire thought process for going on 2k was "E gads! I rolled scum, this game is ruined! ...But what if I were to recycle old arguments and disguise it as scumhunting. Ohoho, delightfully devilish, JC."

dude now u cant use that anymoe

2k19    392

also i'm not gonna comment on the setup balance but i'm seriously disappointed that you called this setup bastard. insane psychologist? town vig? there isn't a single bastard role in this game

• Upvote 1
  • Pride 1

1 hour ago, 2k19 said:

depends on the situation, sometimes you have to be humble enough to admit that someone else has a better chance of helping town crack the game depending on various factors. JC was (rightfully) doubting his own reads and even the mechanical information in the game

Again trusting something subjective over something quantifiable is bad process. It doesnt matter that his read was right because it was the wrong play.

Imagine if Malcolm got scanned that night and he came back scum.

At best JC offer a confirmed town in himself. At worst he secured a double mislynch. I designed the role for that exact scenario so that if it were improperly used or if someone decided to commit seppauku, their faction would be punished for it.  

2k19    392
19 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

Again trusting something subjective over something quantifiable is bad process. It doesnt matter that his read was right because it was the wrong play.

i usually err against "mechanically or statistically optimal" plays in this game for a variety of reasons, some of which i tried to explain during the game, i just dont think were gonna agree

2 hours ago, 2k19 said:

i usually err against "mechanically or statistically optimal" plays in this game for a variety of reasons, some of which i tried to explain during the game, i just dont think were gonna agree

Probably not but these are the types of plays that only cost town games and never win town games, nelrick excepted

»JC.    5322
On 10/7/2019 at 3:19 PM, 2k19 said:

dude now u cant use that anymoe

you already know i'm going to use it again anyway if you keep trying to let malcolm run the game for no stated reason