Jazz

Forged in Chaos Mafia - Day 9

+Jazz    5488

TIL I can change other people's profile pictures to satisfy my own OCD.

• Downvote 1
  • Haha 1

»JC.    5281

did you just force hazmah to use a profile picture? rude

• Upvote 1
  • Pride 1

Brandis72    40

(pre-claim)

Aurirevoir's non-MBA (which tbh is forced at this point) attacks (rei, sage, dyachei) are/were hitting either town (rei; easiest mislynch ever because he looked scummy as hell) or people I very strongly suspect of being town who were/are easy targets (sage; and dyachei still is apparently).

Aurirevoir also hadn't posted anything substantial to help town, and among other things has also tried to argue against haz with what I thought could've been the intent of creating doubt within town (and haz is both a really strong PR and, thus far, the best discussion contributor by miles).

Also going to post this here because I might as well...

We're now in day 4 and have a fair bit of information to work with; now is not the time to defend people based on their words, now is the time to defend people based on their actions: it's easy for scum to post quips of low-impact beneficial information behind or breadcrumbs to make them look like they don't have perfect info, but it's very hard and very painful for them to mask their actions without shooting themselves in the foot (obviously they'll do so anyways when forced - for example voting MBA now - but that doesn't really mean anything).

This kind of self-defence is about as meaningful as, say, me attempting to defend myself because some of my posts contained blunders that indicate imperfect info!

11 minutes ago, hazmah said:

What a stupid reason tyranny as we have no idea what that effect is. Dress doesn’t have a “mon does at end of turn”, it just loses atk for that turn. Could easily be that flackos vote doesn’t mean anything. 

it also makes little sense from a scum circumstance to give a protection card like dress to anyone but scum, so that’s your valid reason why he had protection. 

Why did people think they where scum anyhow b4? I never really saw it I was gunning 4 dya to get vigged.

»Audioslayne    917

I'm prepared to look real dumb if Flacko has some kind of posting restriction as a negative effect of dress but him having dress definitely isn't indication of alignment.

»Audioslayne    917

His behavior looks like the typical scum meltdown to me though so I'm going to take a stand.

Vote Flacko

Brandis72    40
19 hours ago, aurirevoir said:

I think now is as good a time as any to claim.  I am MerchBot - once per night I can visit a player and give them a random common card.  All of the cards are vanilla monsters and have no effects.

n1 I gave JC an Elemental HERO Sparkman

n2 I gave Brandis an Insect Knight

n3 I gave Audioslayne a Bokoichi the Freightening Car

I mostly targeted floaters/people I didn't expect to die quickly (JC/Audio were subbed in those nights).  seems ok to claim given Soph & Diana's ability flips and the fact that all three of my recipients are still alive

(Post-claim)

This may change things...

However, the scum EV is still totally there, and I'm halfway inclined to believe that this might be a scum fruit vendor; main thing that makes me believe otherwise is actually the flavor lol but we all know that's a weak argument - these shenanigans seem worth discussing.

Also worth noting that if Auri isn't scum then I quite frankly have no idea who is (suspecting me would make sense but I have the perfect info of knowing I'm not, so, uh, yeah):

Hazmah - Claimed PR who has been hard carrying town this game; shouldn't even be an argument at this point

J.C. - TBD; tldr I think it's very likely he's town

Audioslayne - TBD; tldr I also think it's pretty likely he's town

Sage - TBD; tldr the players I think are likely scum have in the past tried pretty hard to lynch him (easy mislynch from bad early game posts/low activity) and I think it's very likely he's town

Walia - Floatscum on the surface, + town EV actions when I looked into it, especially after the rei lynch; pretty strong town lean although not a guarantee

TGT - Claimed PR who has been doing nothing but repeatedly blunder while making + scum EV plays; definitely some sketch here but the lack of a counterclaim means he's still very likely town

Dyachei - A mixed bag; many sketchy plays, but demonstrates intent to solve the game and took quite a bit of personal risk (in regards to the rei situation) for very little reward, and like Sage also seems to be attracting a great deal of ongoing lynch attempts from my suspected scum; moderately leaning town

Moxies - ''New townie'' gameplay; seems unlikely to be scum by this point from behavior but I can still believe it to be a ploy by the scumteam

Woawa - TBD; this one's complex and will need to talk more about that one later

Faint - Inactive (sub) until recently, and has done nothing so far but demonstrate scum behavior backed by scum actions; strongly leaning scum

flacko - TBD; tldr I think he's almost certainly scum... then again rei flipped town this game so anything is possible lol

Ugh, my screwy schedule and my own personal disorganization has made it impossible to do what I was hoping to today...

Looks like I'll have to continue on day 5!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Brandis72    40

Oh yeah...

vote flacko

+Jazz    5488

Day is over no posting

• Wow 1

+Jazz    5488

Final Vote Count:

flacko - (7) Walia, Woawa, auri, JC, Sage, audio, Brandis

Dyachei - (2) Faint, flacko

Walia - (1) TGT

Not Voting: (3) Dyachei, haz, Moxies

You can't lynch me bro. I only just got here!!!!! (oh sh*t mayb they can...)

VnuMl2c.png

@Flacko was lynched. They were:

Brandis - Backup 

Xs1P2Hf.png

You're paying attention in the background, and you're a true booster at heart. When another member of the mafia dies, you will inherent their items and abilities. This power lasts as long as you are alive, i.e. you may accumulate several items and abilities over time.

You are a Booster (mafia) and you win the game when all the Forged Players (town) are dead or can no longer win.

Night 4 begins now and ends in about 16 hours, at 9AM EDT on Wednesday, October 30th. Please submit your night actions to me ASAP.

*** PLEASE NOTE THAT PHASES ARE NOW 32/16 AS THE PLAYERS HAVE REQUESTED ***

t2lmTms.png

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 2

fuckfiend    2177

mba sucks wtf??? trash

• Pride 6
  • Haha 2

+Jazz    5488

Processing bids takes a few seconds. Please wait...

Last night town lost the hero they needed, but sure as heck did not deserve.

EoSobUK.png

@hazmah was killed. He was:

Aretos - Roleblocker

Ljz2Vs6.png

You are never afraid to mute idiots. Each night, you may target another player and block them from using any items or abilities, or from performing a factional kill.

You are a Forged Player (town) and you win the game when all the Boosters (mafia) are dead.

Good morning, Forged Players, the game thread is now open!

azUQ9l5.png

+Jazz    5488

Sorry for the late start. Please note that Days are now 32 hours!!! (when they start on time...)

Day 5 begins now and ends in about 28 hours at 5 PM EDT on Thursday, October 31st.

11 Players are still alive. Majority is 6.

»JC.    5281

:shock:

vote faint

+Jazz    5488

PSA: dead players are dead...

• Upvote 4

»Audioslayne    917

Woa who did you select as the lynch?

»Audioslayne    917

Also not really too much to say here.  JC Walia wao and sage all went for MBA right away and are likely town.

Faint had the first non Flacko vote (for dya) and if faint dies and flips scum that would confirm dya for me.

Remaining scum would probably be a floater (Moxie or Brandis) but there's a lot of reading I need to do before I can sus that in.

»Audioslayne    917

Okay after rereading MBAs post dya is probably town too

• Upvote 1

»JC.    5281

Let's clear up a couple of things.

Point 1: Faint's only mention of MBA/Flacko yesterday was in saying "Can we just put this flacko/dya shit aside and kill the fuck out of walia?"

Bonus: Faint continued to push on Sage. Faint pretended to be a confused sub when talking to Audioslayne, but Faint was subbed in a full day phase earlier. Faint pushed for the rei lynch, and then immediately turned around and went for rei's targets, giving no reason why apart from rei sez so.

Point 2: MBA spent day 2 trying to get Dyachei lynched over Diana. Faint spent day 4 trying to get Dyachei lynched over Flacko. Like Sage, this is their attempt at securing a mislynch.

»JC.    5281

Audioslayne sniped me on both points. That's a townie.

»Audioslayne    917

Thought I brought this up in my first post but clearly didn't.

While auri didn't pile on right away (probably just being responsible and avoiding modkills) they were quick to point out if we want MBA dead a lynch is better than a vig.  So further solidifies town there too.

»JC.    5281

Don't have a solid read on scum #5. Willing to discuss and move things around. Fairly sure we win if we start at the bottom and move up through the list though.

JC.

I was the first vote on both scum lynches. Legitimately down to counterlynch anyone if they still try to get me killed because it's obvious they're just attempting to sow confusion at this point.

GroovyTony/Audioslayne

Imagine this. It is your first time playing a game of Mafia. You know almost nothing about the meta, you're just aware that you and your teammates need to survive and eliminate the other players. You roll scum. Is your first contribution voting for your teammate (Diana) on page 3, continuing to pressure your teammate after the vote, and then drawing a bunch of attention to yourself? Hint: no

In addition, Audioslayne has had a strong start today and didn't do anything particularly suspicious the other day either as far as I can tell.

SageRhapsody

If you have a really compelling case and counterargument, let me know. If you don't know why this read is here, sub out because you haven't read the thread.

Dyachei

Mafia's counterwagon on both day 2 and 4. One of a few players to take early initiative. Generally coming from the same place as I have in terms of reads.

Moxies

There is a similar case for Maxies as there is for Groovy, but Moxies does not go in with the vote.

BuildTheWalia

Has been the second vote on both scum lynches. Impressive busses if he is scum.

Aurirevoir - Fruit Vendor

Has played/tried a bit. Brandis is correct that the claim doesn't really save him.

Tyranno - Weak Non-Consecutive Home Doctor

Has claimed completely nonsensical targets for the heals.

Woawa - Gambler (Vig)

Claims to have a vigshot. Notably, has picked rei (scum's successful mislynch) and then picked Dyachei (the counterwagon to the Mafia we lynched yesterday). 

Brandis72

I was initially under the impression he was a newbie (and likely scum), but he started a turnaround at EoD 4 that implies he has played this game before, and his arguments were fairly decent. Willing to see how today develops.

Faint

• Upvote 1

dyachei    20

I think brandis looks better today than they did previously. The work they put in yesterday was decent.

Biggest concerns are faint and auri because they've been trying to get me lynched. I know auri has a claim, but I think the way they've made pushes is wolfy.

tyranno needs to do something else because they are basically floating by on their claim.

Still not sure on walia being town. Seeing the post above about votes is decent BUT I'd say MBA was almost always going to die and they voted after haz posted about diana. So I'm not sure their votes are actually that impressive.