Jazz

Forged in Chaos Mafia - After Game Thread

+Jazz    5464

Congratulations to the Boosters (mafia) on a hard-earned victory!

MvrktLr.png

They were:
@Di4na
@Sophocles
@Flacko / @my bloody arcanine
@TheGoldenTyranno
@dyachei / @Francis J Underwood

Summary:
All in all, scum were the noticeably better faction. This was a generally well-played game by both sides and it was really exiting to host and spectate. While I was a bit disappointed in the amount of subs I ended up needing, a lot can go wrong in a game this large, and overall I was quite happy. Thank you everyone.

Awards:

To the victors go the spoils...

IoJ8azL.png

Scum MVP - Dyachei - No question, Dyachei gave town nothing to lynch her on and carried out the end game to perfection. This was a textbook case of how to play passive scum. The final NK is the only thing I could possibly knock her for, and in the end, it worked out. She correctly predicted the thought process of Sage. Congratulations, today you manipulated with the mastery of a con-artist. You truly deserve the Scum MVP!

Scum HM - Tyranno - You posted with conviction and purity despite being the faction of the impure. Even with all the logical holes in your fake claim, you sold it off very well, repeatedly sowing just enough doubt in the minds of townies to get them off your back. Your most memorable line would be the one in which you convinced Walia that Dyachei was town. This was solid effort and an important contribution to the team's victory.

Scum LVP - MBA - Extremely disappointing. Rather than lead town astray with your leadership skills, you shrank in the spotlight. You endlessly complained about the rules of the game instead of actually playing the game. You had no credible self-defense, no influence, and a piss poor attitude. Perhaps IRL was getting in the way of your performance. I hope everything is ok.

And to the runners-up...

c9dxYGk.png

Town MVP - JC. - With no powers to aid you, and jumping into the spot of a sketchy floater, you truly shined this game. Your logic was strong, consistent, and much more accurate than not. Your steady hand and witty persona guided town when they needed it most--with town!rei struggling and scum!tyranno sowing discord. You immediately took yourself out of the potential mislynch pool with your analysis and forced scum to NK you before they killed critical PRs. Normally, such a strong performance would lead town to victory, but, sir, this is a Wendy's DuelistGroundz.

Town HM - Hazmah - Strong, consistent posting, but a few missteps and minor flaws cost you the MVP. First off, much of your initial performance is attributable to a good + lucky use of your night action, which hey, matters, but not as much to me as your posting does. That said, your posting was strong, just not as good as JC's. You get a mark against you for leading a mislynch onto rei, and another mark against you for not claiming to be vanillaized on Night 3. Had you done so, town may have deduced that Woawa was role-blocked by the scum who stole your power (Diana's and Flacko's roles had already flipped, so all the clues were there EXCEPT town was never told that you had your ability stolen).

Town LVP - Sage - The lack of effort on the final day is inexcusable. It doesn't matter that you scum-read Dyachei on past days because you (1) always removed your vote on her and (2) you let your team down when it mattered most. LYLO is a time to play the game, and you let Moxies and your faction down by not engaging with Moxies or considering his posts.

Balance:
This game was Vanilla+. Here was the balance of powers:

Mafia Powers: (1) 1x Burglar, (1) 1x "Slank" Vigilante, (1) Commuter, (1) 5x Deal Maker, (1) Universal Backup
Mafia Safe Claims: (1) Doctor, (1) Parity Cop, (1) Rogue, (2) Vanilla Town
Town Powers: (1) Role-blocker, (1) Tracker, (1) Hacker, (1) Bodyguard, (1) Fruit Vendor, (1) Millionaire, (1) Gambler, (1) Party Crasher, (9) Vanilla Town

Here's the set-up table with all night actions:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192H2AdVqX5WgjsVmFZASmXj6uqT_y0nkiLE7WAr7fhc/edit?usp=sharing

Player Communication:
Scum Chat:
 https://discord.gg/sdNNc4t

• Upvote 2

»JC.    5223

:wub::wub::wub::wub:

really disappointed by the NK

i was only one or two day phases away from overtaking rei's pos rep count for the year and declaring myself the unawarded KotF 2019

thank you to town for killing tyranno immediately after i died. that was about where i had ended up as well. i did not have dyachei at all (should be obv from my posting), but i am disappointed that people didn't take more time to evaluate a 'deep' scum after Faint flipped vanilla. with no real strong scum leans at that point and Faint flipping town, it is time to reevaluate the game. the flavour on my flip was because i was talking to jazz about how we needed to go back and reread the thread if we wanted to win.

even so, dyachei played well and players may have lost even with more effort applied. that being said, Walia's logic ticked me off a bit. "why would tyranno vote for a teammate when [their other teammate, MBA] is on the block and everyone thinks they are scum?" it's because everyone thinks MBA is scum, and the lynch is over. that's the PERFECT time to throw some shade on a teammate, because there is a 0% chance it goes anywhere.

• Upvote 1

SageRhapsody    284

TGT scum HM omegalul

Also picking JC over Hazmah omegalul

Don't even care you have me as LVP after that. 

Jc hard defended Dya consistently, despite her awful town-play making it impossible for town to get anything done in that regard. JC was great don't get me wrong but no way he's MVP over Haz.

Hazmah nailed a bunch of scum which is basically the whole reason the game was even slightly winnable after that point.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

SageRhapsody    284

I only removed my vote when it was clear the only two other active towns had been pocketed by Dya. In that regard, my team let me down btw, not the other way around. Dya living to lylo is really sad. I lost a wifom gamble, my bad. Still not lvp worthy imo. 

But whatever, gg. Congrats on the play, scum team. 

Malcolm's Multi    1892

I’m curious. Who did jc lynch?

i Find it hard to give mvp to someone who never would get to the correct endgame solution

SageRhapsody    284
1 minute ago, Malcolm's Multi said:

i Find it hard to give mvp to someone who never would get to the correct endgame solution

faint

SageRhapsody    284

Oh and flacko but that was the most obvious lynch on the planet

+Jazz    5464
1 minute ago, SageRhapsody said:

TGT scum HM omegalul

Also picking JC over Hazmah omegalul

Don't even care you have me as LVP after that. 

Jc hard defended Dya consistently, despite her awful town-play making it impossible for town to get anything done in that regard. JC was great don't get me wrong but no way he's MVP over Haz.

Hazmah nailed a bunch of scum which is basically the whole reason the game was even slightly winnable after that point.

I feel like you fundamentally misunderstand how mafia games are won and lost for town. JC is not the reason Dyachei survived. Hazmah had good results and was lock clear because of his ability. JC had good process and didn’t misplay. JC was a better leader.

+Jazz    5464
2 minutes ago, Malcolm's Multi said:

Mafia isn’t only about who you lynch. It’s also about who you prevent from getting lynched. JC found the logic to keep Sage alive (because Sage couldn’t keep himself alive) and JC had several other correct town reads. JC was night killed as VT early on because he was a liability to solve the game after the Faint flip. Faint was a necessary sacrifice to solve the game because he failed to project town, had poor logic, and defended scum. 

Malcolm's Multi    1892

Soph getting shot by his own gun is a great addition to the mafia collection 

that’s good enough for me 

• Upvote 2
  • Pride 2

SageRhapsody    284

JC lead town well near the end of his life, but I don't really recall him doing much in the grand scheme.

His votes killed flacko (obvious without his input), Diana (credited to Haz), and mislynched Faint.

Also he got hard pocketed by last scum. How is that not misplays lol

Malcolm's Multi    1892
1 minute ago, Jazz said:

Mafia isn’t only about who you lynch. It’s also about who you prevent from getting lynched. JC found the logic to keep Sage alive (because Sage couldn’t keep himself alive) and JC had several other correct town reads. JC was night killed as VT early on because he was a liability to solve the game after the Faint flip. Faint was a necessary sacrifice to solve the game because he failed to project town, had poor logic, and defended scum. 

I would give mvp to hazmah. Once again, he would have got there and jc never would have 

SageRhapsody    284
4 minutes ago, Jazz said:

That's not even a fair assessment, pretty sure I hadn't even had a chance to post before JC defended me lol. He made a good point for sure, but it's one I likely wouldn't have missed if I needed to defend myself. Pretty obvious to look at who mafia voted for after they flip. 

Also JC basically town read everyone and scum read no one. Very high effort, very valuable player but I'd still give it to Haz. 

Edited by SageRhapsody

+Jazz    5464
1 minute ago, Malcolm's Multi said:

I would give mvp to hazmah. Once again, he would have got there and jc never would have 

I’m giving out awards based on what actually happened, not what I think would happen had they both lived longer.

Not claiming to be hit by the vanillaizer / burglar is a massive misplay on Hazmah’s end that contributed to the Woawa mislynch (imo the most critical mislynch of the game bar Final 3). The positive aspects of Hazmah’s play were heavily dependent on his power. 

Neither player mislynched Woawa. Faint had to die regardless—nothing could save him because he wouldn’t save himself.

+Gemstone Mine    2629

I have ascended to a new level of floating. So great is my power that I can influence the game positively for my faction without making a single post.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

+Jazz    5464

PS: JC had the MBA/Flacko slot pegged as scum (without a power lol) on Day 2, well before it was cool.

pkaC0Yo.png

»JC.    5223

is the bully jc aftergame thread :sandals:

SageRhapsody    284

i had tgt sussed and dya pegged as scum (without a power lol) like d3. Basically the only player to actually go on them early.

lvp btw xd