Metal Gear Salad

what are you doing with your life in 2020

+rei+    34991

uh, i didn't like my job but they just did me a relaly big solid so i think still processing that and deciding whether i want to stick with em or find something else. 

camping a lot.

• Upvote 3

+Malcolm    4776
4 hours ago, rei said:

uh, i didn't like my job but they just did me a relaly big solid so i think still processing that and deciding whether i want to stick with em or find something else. 

camping a lot.

i would camp with you. i love the outdoors

• Upvote 1

+rei+    34991
47 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

i would camp with you. i love the outdoors

today on getting nk'd night 1 

but yeah you're more than welcome to though i think i'll be staying in eastern ontario this year so if you wanna hit up algonquin or frontenac or dodgy crown land lmk 

software developer for about 5 years now, i wanna quit and have some time for music but living in Tel Aviv is expensive so holding that off for a while

dj for about 3-4 years, more into production now (~1 year)

hi!

Edited by my bloody arcanine
  • Upvote 1

»JC.    5322

i think i am going to start saving for a house. it'll definitely take a few years before i could buy or put a sufficient down payment, but i think having a place is going to be better in the long term

i also think i am happy enough with myself to start looking for closer friends and/or a relationship. it'll be a lot of work to figure out where to go/what to do to meet people, though

maybe it'll finally be the year i get in shape and go to the gym consistently (prolly not tho tbh)

i also plan on making more time for family and other things in general. over the past 6 months i have done a lot of 50+ hour weeks at work, so i am going to find a way to bring that in control

@.salad you cant post the thread and not share your own plans smh

@.mba how did you start as a dj?

• Upvote 1

fuckfiend    2189

well my life kinda sucks but i have a bf now and im trying to move out but it's been harder than i expected.

773 202 LUNA    2908

finding a new job - the work isn't hard and people are nice but I've lost motivation and at this point opportunities for advancement = management retiring/quitting

diversifying hobbies - fashion/gardening/fitness/cooking in particular.  would like to start growing a bonsai tree and bring my weight down to 155/160 lbs from 180

Aaron    2055

buy a new house (wanna do this before the end of Q2) 

find a potential wife to aim to start a family in 2-4 years 

get shredded again before end of Q1

get a new form of monthly income on top of what i have atm

• Upvote 1

Faint    5963

I'm getting married 30th july 2020, honeymoon booked for kenya safari 3 week trip which is pretty cool. Kind of trip I'd never be able to afford normally (£10k + pp) but been saving for years for it 

My job is still pretty awesome 

Ive cut out booze for the last few weeks and gonna continue it into 2020- want to lose this shitty skinny fat look before I get married. Thoroughly enjoying the extended period of sobriety so far

• Upvote 5

Faint    5963
3 hours ago, Aaron said:

buy a new house (wanna do this before the end of Q2) 

find a potential wife to aim to start a family in 2-4 years 

get shredded again before end of Q1

get a new form of monthly income on top of what i have atm

Have you looked at affiliate marketing as a side project for monthly income? I've been doing it for 6 months and its steady atm, not groundbreaking but good for a bit of extra buck

Aaron    2055
Just now, Faint said:

Have you looked at affiliate marketing as a side project for monthly income? I've been doing it for 6 months and its steady if not uninspiring atm

nah i dont think i have a following to comfortably do it. i think the effort:money ratio will be shit for me :(

atm my streams of revenue are:

1. medical work (salary job at hosp)

2. botox + lip fillers + medical aesthetics (4-8x treatment a week)

3. 2x commercial properties  rent / week

i wanna get:

4. 1-2x properties non-commercial  rent (a flat in town and a house would be perfect)

5. somethingoutsideofmedicineandproperty aka modelling agency or photography business or semi precious stone jewellery and try and market is via instagram celebs  or i'd love to do a VR gaming/tech youtube channel. i did toy with trying to invest in my friends band but i found out really quickly they have talent but literally zero direction or intiative so i think it'd be quite akin to throwing money away. and they just have no business sense whatsoever which is sad or a gym related clothing brand  which focusses on shirts based on countrie's identiies 

i was planning to eventually take over my parents business too but sadly i have not learnt the skill base for their work so it'll probably be easier for them to just sell it off in the next couple of years now as they wanna retire. 

i think realistically im not gonna attain any of this except for the house and maybe a cheap flat  which i will give to my sister for a year to live in. i just dont have the energy i used to have. 

my biggest regret os the 2005-2020 is not getting onto the youtube money-train. I'd LOVE to buy a factory unit, set it up as a film studio, buy in some camera equipment and film some fun as fuck pod casts/gaming shows/ vr gaming shows etc. also not trying to get into the gym related clothing game earlier (i wanted to do it in 2010 but i was distracted by uni). 

+Sophocles    3319
29 minutes ago, Faint said:

I'm getting married 30th july 2020, honeymoon booked for kenya safari 3 week trip which is pretty cool. Kind of trip I'd never be able to afford normally (£10k + pp) but been saving for years for it 

congrats man! you deserve it

29 minutes ago, Faint said:

Ive cut out booze for the last few weeks and gonna continue it into 2020- want to lose this shitty skinny fat look before I get married. Thoroughly enjoying the extended period of sobriety so far

mafia games are gonna get boring now

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Nate1080    1240

Improve my credit.

Save more money; buy less bullshit.

Since I have a relatively stable source of income now (work as a graphic designer for a real estate company), I plan on looking into investing as a way of building wealth.

Redesign/relaunch my website to take graphic design commissions for side money again.

Try to go to the gym and eat right more consistently rather than sporadically.

Basically 2020 for me is "make more money and improve wealth".

fuckfiend    2189

update: my sister says i can move in w her bc she heard abt the issues im having with my family. this will be really good for me. kinda hard to explain everything going on at home so im not gonna get into it. probably gonna move in w her in january

• Upvote 3

Haruki    12658

continue to practice simple living

"Simple living encompasses a number of different voluntary practices to simplify one's lifestyle. These may include, for example, reducing one's possessions, generally referred to as minimalism, or increasing self-sufficiency. Simple living may be characterized by individuals being satisfied with what they have rather than want. Although asceticism generally promotes living simply and refraining from luxury and indulgence, not all proponents of simple living are ascetics. Simple living is distinct from those living in forced poverty, as it is a voluntary lifestyle choice.

Adherents may choose simple living for a variety of personal reasons, such as spirituality, health, increase in quality time for family and friends, work–life balance, personal taste, financial sustainability, frugality, sustainability or reducing stress. Simple living can also be a reaction to materialism and conspicuous consumption. Some cite socio-political goals aligned with the environmentalist, anti-consumerist or anti-war movements, including conservation, degrowth, social justice, and tax resistance."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_living

Aaron    2055
7 hours ago, Faint said:

My job is still pretty awesome 

if u want a training program lemme know. i am sure i can get u shredded before april if u have the dedication (u evidently do as u've quit booze). 

Edited by Aaron
  • Thanks 1

»Logic    2038

Finished my Masters last Spring and tried fully supporting myself independently through my small business. So far so good.

Looking to invest in more real estate as we finish up the year hear into next, and doing commentary and stuff for DBS.

Got a part time job managing an esports division for a local university and I'm enjoying it. If it becomes full time come next Fall I might look into my doctorate, otherwise just keep up on the solo stuff.

Other than insurance sucks and I don't like how all my work makes me stay relatively local, 2020 should be a sick year.

• Upvote 3

On 12/20/2019 at 2:33 AM, Logic said:

Finished my Masters last Spring and tried fully supporting myself independently through my small business. So far so good.

Looking to invest in more real estate as we finish up the year hear into next, and doing commentary and stuff for DBS.

Got a part time job managing an esports division for a local university and I'm enjoying it. If it becomes full time come next Fall I might look into my doctorate, otherwise just keep up on the solo stuff.

Other than insurance sucks and I don't like how all my work makes me stay relatively local, 2020 should be a sick year.

Investing real estate likely leads to additional property taxes unless you plan to defray that by renting

On 17/12/2019 at 2:15 PM, JC. said:

@.salad you cant post the thread and not share your own plans smh

I thought I did it straight afterwards but I don't think it posted.

Happy teaching atm. Looking to have first baby this time next year so that requires frequent sexy time come April/May. Currently working on my PhD (15 months in) and 6 months into my voluntary police work application (just vetting to go which is just waiting around), looking to start that before Sept 2020.

Staying very positive. Very lucky to be where I'm at right now. Loving life.

+rei+    34991

> implications you aren't having frequent sexytimes until the spring
tidushahaha.wav

i am now officially moving in like two weeks - on one hand its way closer to downown and everything cool on the other it's in what could be called at least at one time Ottawa's worst neighbourhood - but im a shut in loner and my car will be parked underground so idgaf. going from 17 km to work to 3 km to work really opens up the bike to work option too. 

2 hours ago, rei said:

> implications you aren't having frequent sexytimes until the spring
tidushahaha.wav

>married

sanojio    130

I’m told I’m almost fluent in Spanish, want to be fluent by the fall. Keep making money off real estate and passive income I’ve built up and investing all the excess. Keep networking. Keep exercising 3x a week. Debate if I want to start this niche fintech app that tested positive in the customer discovery process or move to LA for two years. Keep traveling (have 18 countries and 35 US states down so far). Broke up with this Moroccan woman I was with for 3 years (her family was against me only because I was black, her own sister and cousins told me what her parents said so I let her go for the sake both of us). 

the past year I’ve had the worst tragedies I’ve ever had and I was seemingly living for everyone else despite my own suffering. I almost died in March and was in the ER for two days. After i came back from the brink, i felt true clarity. My friend invited me to his wedding in India and the fraternity and love I experienced there changed my life. 

Money is just a tool. It’s not a basis for anything. You can’t help everyone or be there for everyone. You have to be willing to cut ties with even family if they are causing damage. there is no quick path in life for anything worthwhile. 

This world is nightmarish but if all you witness is evil that’s all your outlook will become. I help myself first and I do what I can, when I can to those that need it and am content with that. I don’t hesitate to cut people off and I don’t get attached either but there are no friends in business as I’ve learned. I had a therapist, he died but I still remember everything he said. The only weakness is letting pride not admitting you have a issue which is the path of a fool.

I set goals every week, for monthly, quarterly or annual goals. I don’t worry about what others have. No one owes you anything. I do some more cool shit while I’m young and value experiences over anything material. I feel a deep sense of resolve and know I’ve changed and the people that give a damn about me said I’ve changed. 

I laugh at some of my old posts here, cringeworthy for sure but people always change. Always forward, never left or right. 

I will enjoy 2020 more than I ever have because of where I am today. 

Edited by sanojio
  • Upvote 1