Metal Gear Salad

what are you doing with your life in 2020

+Urthor    10234

I'm finishing college in June and got probably the best internship out of my whole class doing backend database work full/part time while I study till I graduate for big bizness, but it's kicking my butt and I feel super huge imposter syndrome doing 5% of the work of my boss after being there for 6 weeks. 

Got my shit together big time when I got the offer on a lot of fronts because it's something I really cared about, am a lot fitter but I've basically put 10kg on in the last year which is unnerving, even though I'm way more athletic than I was ~1y ago.  

»Tygo    14141

Doing more open mics and expanding my comedy footprint and hopefully transferring to a branch of my bank that allows 1 of 3 things:

Better hours

Pay raise

Promotion

Due for one of the three in March.

Carbon    1884

I'm not really sure.

I have a semi decent job, I live with my girlfriend, we have a dog etc. Everything is pretty nice, but it's kinda boring. 

I haven't made any actual life improvements in a while. I'm hoping I can figure something out and get some motivation. Right now I feel like going to work and heading home everyday doesn't make more much progression. 

»S l o x    4

The company I work for was acquired by Target about 5-6 years ago. They finally started the transition last year which means there are a lot of changes that will be happening this year. I got the opportunity to go to Arizona for Target and train some people out there. It was a really beneficial experience for my future career. Some Data Analyst position popped up recently and it's a big raise and another opportunity to move up. I've already applied. I think I have a really good shot to get the position. If it doesn't work out then I'll just grab the next thing that opens up. Fortunately for me the most knowledgeable / tenured person quit this last Black Friday which leaves me at the top right now. Got nowhere to go but up my friends.

Outside of professionally, I'm working towards taking care of my body. I've been neglecting it for a long time and I'm already regretting it. So this next year is going to be a lot of me working towards building a healthier me as well. 

Moving to desert (Arizona) and continue working for the military making pew pews. 

My biggest current concern: how to move my 8 cats efficiently....(fml...they're like potato chips you can't have just one...) And all of my cars.

• Upvote 1