Faint

The new star wars film

+Sophocles    3325

Disclaimer: I have not consumed any extended universe star wars content like comics, novels, cartoons

Any main title star wars film after Return of the Jedi is best ignored. I don't subscribe to the rabid hate for the prequel movies, they're passable in their own right but they're mediocre at best. What's more, by continuing to worldbuild they, imo, just make the original trilogy worse retroactively by reducing the amount of mystique in the setting - it's a galaxy far, far away for a reason. It also just cheapens Luke's character arc which is what made the original trilogy so powerful. 

The newest set of films largely suffer from the same illness, it's too much throwback and connection to a story that was ultimately already finished and the films suffer for it. None of them really manage to capture the atmosphere of the original trilogy either, it's too much action movie and not enough adventure movie.

By contrast, Rogue One and the Mandalorian show (so far) have been pretty good because they're original, independent productions with cool characters that are just set in the same universe.

fuckfiend    2194

the new star wars shit sucks disney isnt following the story from the books bc they dont want to make darth vader a good guy

fuckfiend    2194

basically the death star was made bc the sith seers saw a threat coming that was outside of and immune to the force and not for darth vader to shit on tiny planets but the jedi r hippies n dont like guns or something and fucked up everything so a bunch of aliens come over and shit on everybody and the force doesnt affect them and they cant be sensed or anything like that its pretty fucked cuz they're kinda strong the only stuffs that work against them kinda is the force lightning shit which is why sith developed those kinds of techniques jedis r fucking stupid and no real heroes were completely pure like how yoda or something was. but disney sucks dick and ruined star wars. none of the recent ones r gonna be worth watching bc they gotta be kid friendly.

+scuzzlebutt    23563

rogue one is among the top 5 star wars things ever made. you'll be fine without watching force awakens etc though

• Thanks 1

+rei+    34993

the yuuzhan vong sucked removing them from canon was worthwhile. 

(losing classic-thrawn and pelleaon sucked tho)

Force Awakens was a fun nostalgia ride that was filmed very well. TLJ was a flawed movie but I'm glad star wars decided to actually address themes like coping with failure maturely. I read the plot summary to TLS and it sounds garbage but i'll prob get a kick out of it.

Rogue One was good. Solo sucked dick

The prequels are fundamentally worse films than any of the otehr SW media other than that 3d clone wars movie pile of shit.  Like even past all the inconsistencies, the actual shot composition is garbage even. 

• Upvote 2

BuildTheWalia    298
1 hour ago, rei said:

I read the plot summary to TLS and it sounds garbage but i'll prob get a kick out of it.

Which one is this?

+rei+    34993

derp the rise of skywalker not the last skywalker 

• Upvote 1

Faint    5963
22 hours ago, rei said:

the yuuzhan vong sucked removing them from canon was worthwhile. 

(losing classic-thrawn and pelleaon sucked tho)

Force Awakens was a fun nostalgia ride that was filmed very well. TLJ was a flawed movie but I'm glad star wars decided to actually address themes like coping with failure maturely. I read the plot summary to TLS and it sounds garbage but i'll prob get a kick out of it.

Rogue One was good. Solo sucked dick

The prequels are fundamentally worse films than any of the otehr SW media other than that 3d clone wars movie pile of shit.  Like even past all the inconsistencies, the actual shot composition is garbage even. 

Agreed force awakens was good

I didnt mind the way last jedi panned out cos it looked like they were trying to do something new

But rise of Skywalker was just one huge apology for the last jedi and wimp out of the direction they decided to take. The whole "OH BTW PALPATINE IS BACK" at the start was awful

Faint    5963

For clarity I loved force awakens

+Sophocles    3325

I skimmed through a cam recording of the new movie cause i was stuck in transit with nothing to watch

holy shit what a trainwreck

»JC.    5323
On 12/19/2019 at 0:49 PM, Faint said:

Fucking sucked. Discuss.

Not fair. How can we discuss when this is already everything worth saying about the movie.

• Haha 1

+Sophocles    3325

Jedis at the height of their power: Becoming a force ghost is a rare and forgotten technique.

Jedis near to extinction:

You get a force ghost, you get a force ghost, and you get a force ghost!

• Haha 1

+Malcolm    4779
On 12/20/2019 at 10:28 AM, Faint said:

Agreed force awakens was good

I didnt mind the way last jedi panned out cos it looked like they were trying to do something new

But rise of Skywalker was just one huge apology for the last jedi and wimp out of the direction they decided to take. The whole "OH BTW PALPATINE IS BACK" at the start was awful

the last jedi is the worst of the nine

• Upvote 1

+rei+    34993

Man you gotta revisit how bad the prequels are

• Upvote 1

BuildTheWalia    298
8 minutes ago, rei said:

Man you gotta revisit how bad the prequels are

At least the prequels are so bad you can watch and laugh, tlj is just not that good of a movie

+scuzzlebutt    23563

maybe the last jedi is down there with phantom menace but it's definitely not worse

Faint    5963

Phantom menace was definitely worse than last jedi imo

I'd go:

1. Empire strikes back

2. A new hope

3. The force awakens

4. Return of the jedi

5. Rouge one

6. Revenge of the Sith

7. Rise of skywalker

8. Solo

9. The last jedi

10. Attack of the clones

11. The phantom menace

The last 2 are tied tbh

+rei+    34993

New Hope

Empire

Jedi

Rogue One

Force Awakens

Last Jedi

Rise of Skywalker

Revenge of the Sith

Solo

Attack of the Clones

Phantom Menace

• Haha 1

+scuzzlebutt    23563

empire strikes back

new hope

return of the jedi

(rogue one)

force awakens

attack of the clones

rise of skywalker

revenge of the sith

last jedi

phantom menace

dont know why we're even counting crap like solo

• Haha 1

BuildTheWalia    298

The Originals
---------------------------

Jedi
Empire
New Hope

The Good

Rogue One

Revenge of the Sith

The Force Awakens

The Bad

Attack of the Clones

Phantom Menace

Last Jedi

Haven't seen rise of skywalker yet, and literally don't remember a scene from solo other than him meeting chewbacca

+rei+    34993

you take revenge of the sith off your good list immediately

+rei+    34993

also obligatory watch the plinkett reviews of the prequels if you haven't yet