Faint

The new star wars film

BuildTheWalia    299
7 minutes ago, rei said:

you take revenge of the sith off your good list immediately

at least I didn't put it below attack of the clones like somebody

+rei+    34993

i think my real issue is that while plot details of the new trilogy are worthy of complaint, the prequels have some truly inept actual filmmaking that i cant look past in comparison

+scuzzlebutt    23563
12 minutes ago, BuildTheWalia said:

at least I didn't put it below attack of the clones like somebody

i do this solely because dooku is my favorite character so the prequel that features him gets the nod

revenge and attack are both about as crappy as each other on all other counts

• Upvote 1

+rei+    34993
42 minutes ago, scuzzlebutt said:

i do this solely because dooku is my favorite character so the prequel that features him gets the nod

revenge and attack are both about as crappy as each other on all other counts

attack also had natalie portman in that hot white outfit and more memes s

+Urthor    10234

Haven't even seen the new one, but definitely think that Attack of the Clones and the Phantom Menace are not that bad, esp Phantom is fairly alright and self contained.  The internet hatewagon is by far the most exaggerated circlejerk I've ever seen anywhere.

TLJ is honestly my favourite and the one I enjoyed the most by far.  Even though it had the worst scenes in the entire series and some serious plot holes,  it also had some of the best scenes by undermining expectations of what would happen if this was play by play Star Wars film.  

Rogue One was pretty great.

Force Awakens being reheated New Hope is worse than anything any of the other films have done.  By far my least liked unless you somehow watch it without seeing New Hope first, then it's an amazing film. 

• Upvote 2
  • Wow 1

+rei+    34993
5 hours ago, Urthor said:

Haven't even seen the new one, but definitely think that Attack of the Clones and the Phantom Menace are not that bad, esp Phantom is fairly alright and self contained.  The internet hatewagon is by far the most exaggerated circlejerk I've ever seen anywhere.

TLJ is honestly my favourite and the one I enjoyed the most by far.  Even though it had the worst scenes in the entire series and some serious plot holes,  it also had some of the best scenes by undermining expectations of what would happen if this was play by play Star Wars film.  

Rogue One was pretty great.

Force Awakens being reheated New Hope is worse than anything any of the other films have done.  By far my least liked unless you somehow watch it without seeing New Hope first, then it's an amazing film. 

i dont necessarily agree with all these takes but i def get where youre coming from with all of em

the internet hatewagon is as overblown as most hatewagons - a lot of people focus on 'this decision doesnt make sense' or similar and that's there, but even with willing suspension of disbelief too much of the movie is just crap in any dialogue scene - even ignoring the writing and acting its always shot/reverse shot on a couch or walking in a hallway. Also the greenscreen sets I think made it harder for the world to feel 'alive' and be interacted with

Faint    5966

Phantom is literally just a bunch of people talking until darth maul shows up then does some flips then gets cut in half by the worst obi wan

+rei+    34993
1 hour ago, Faint said:

Phantom is literally just a bunch of people talking until darth maul shows up then does some flips then gets cut in half by the worst obi wan

obi wan and qui gon should have been combined in to a single character called obi wan 

• Upvote 3

+scuzzlebutt    23563

phantom is the only prequel that is truly 100% indefensible

• Upvote 1

+Sophocles    3327

maybe with the 'skywalker saga' ended they can actually make fun movies in the setting with original characters. You know, like the original trilogy

• Wow 1

+rei+    34993
29 minutes ago, scuzzlebutt said:

phantom is the only prequel that is truly 100% indefensible

the pod race was sick 

+rei+    34993

Have you seen the plinkett reviews? theyre comedy but honestly they do really well to pointing out film details that are just sad