Jump to content
SageRhapsody

If JC doesn't successfully pick up 420 girls, he is going to die in a lot of different ways Post-Game

Recommended Posts

SageRhapsody    394
Posted (edited)

Highly experimental game design done this time. I'll post all the roles and then a couple after-thoughts on how the game went. Appreciate feedback too.

 

Here are the roles: 

 

1) @TheGoldenTyranno Scum - Had the ability, during twilight (before night phase, and after day phase), to make his lynch vote count for 0, 1, or 2 votes. Infinite uses

2) @JC. Scum - Was in a neighborhood with Francis, as well as was the backup nightskipper. When the original nightskipper died, JC. would inherit his powers

3) @Sophocles Town - Had the ability to revive the day following his death, and copy a role of any any player

4) @BuildTheWalia Town - When lynched, all deaths following his would reveal no information. When nightkilled, all deaths would only reveal alignment, and not role

5) @rei Town - At the end of every night, would learn of one random night interaction. Was also immune to nightkills, but this information would be hidden until it triggered for the first time

6) @hazmah Town - Cop, but (you'll probably hate me for this), gives a random alignment result on whoever is scanned. 

7) @The Lyncher Town - Nightskipper. During the night, could activate his ability to skip the night after the current one. Was in a neighborhood with JC. 

 

SCUM POWER: As a hidden power, after a mislynch, scum could anonymously offer 1 town player their choice of a 1-shot ability, with the caveat that something negative would happen to them. Nobody was aware of exactly what the penalty would be.

- A 1-time vig gun. The gun would always misfire, and shoot at the person the user currently had a vote on. If the user was not voting, it'd shoot randomly. The gun would become unusable the day after it was gifted.

- Protection from death for the next day and night phase. If this was accepted, the player would lose their role powers the day after that.

- An anonymous message detailing 1 random night interaction. If this was accepted, any votes to lynch this player the next day would count for double during twilight. 

 

In hindsight, I should have done something other than the random cop, even though it didn't end up mattering in this game. I assumed that with so many ways for town to evade dying, and auto confirm themselves, (1+2 potential night skips, a town that has to be killed twice, and a town that can't be nk'd), I wanted to add a bit of RNG to avoid the possibility of the game becoming insta-win for town with a single cop check. Should have just done a different role though.  

 

I 100% should have played with more players though. 7 is way too small to have some of these roles show their full power, but I was nervous about the game being solvable, or balanced with having more players with more whacky roles. 

 

I probably should have announced mylo, but I decided not to cuz 1)closed set-up, 2)there was lots of ways to evade actually losing to a lynch so I figured announcing it had a very good chance of just being misinformation, and also make the game very easily for town by confirming #of scum.

 

 

Edited by SageRhapsody
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SageRhapsody    394

I'll try harder next time if you're willing to give us another chance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+rei+    34993

oh boy i cant wait for lvp 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Sophocles    3327

Standard is to announce mylo even in a closed setup, if you choose not to you should at least inform players of that imo.

 

And yeah any setup that offers town 1 mislynch is kinda fucked. Even if you balance around it with lots of pro-town powers that kind of diminishes the core gameplay which is trying to deduce scum. Inevitably, that's not a surefire thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SageRhapsody    394

Town MVP: idk. honestly just vote for this one I guess. Nobody really stood out

Town LVP: Francis. Basically hard threw and gave scum the easiest game I've ever witnessed. Also made the game incredibly unfun for everyone. Not cool, and the pettiness is cringe.

 

Scum MVP: JC. Nice job. Hard to really think of anything to give big comms for since the game kinda auto-won itself in your favor.

Scum LVP: None. TGT did fine. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
»JC.    5323

It's fair to criticize me for sticking onto Soph + Haz without really talking about other players, but I don't think it is scummy to have a team that early in the thread like people were saying during the game. Yeah, it was only page 2, but how many times has rei found something scummy and linked a partner on some seemingly innocuous post page 1? I remember it just recently with the flacko + jericho scum game.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Sophocles    3327

and honestly the game would've still been fine without francis just ruining everyone's vibe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SageRhapsody    394
1 minute ago, Sophocles said:

Standard is to announce mylo even in a closed setup, if you choose not to you should at least inform players of that imo.

 

And yeah any setup that offers town 1 mislynch is kinda fucked. Even if you balance around it with lots of pro-town powers that kind of diminishes the core gameplay which is trying to deduce scum. Inevitably, that's not a surefire thing.

Agreed. Should have done 8/9 players. Even had members willing to play. Big mistake on my part. 

 

Same for the mylo thing. Live and learn.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+rei+    34993
1 minute ago, JC. said:

It's fair to criticize me for sticking onto Soph + Haz without really talking about other players, but I don't think it is scummy to have a team that early in the thread like people were saying during the game. Yeah, it was only page 2, but how many times has rei found something scummy and linked a partner on some seemingly innocuous post page 1? I remember it just recently with the flacko + jericho scum game.

my criticism of you is still the big 'this is the only way the game can break down' that you either invented or parroted from francis, super fuckin anti town 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Sophocles    3327
Just now, JC. said:

It's fair to criticize me for sticking onto Soph + Haz without really talking about other players, but I don't think it is scummy to have a team that early in the thread like people were saying during the game. Yeah, it was only page 2, but how many times has rei found something scummy and linked a partner on some seemingly innocuous post page 1? I remember it just recently with the flacko + jericho scum game.

what was really scummy was going into the thread D2 and pointing out how your presumed partner who you were convinced was town might make an attractive lynch target

 

I think D1 the leaps of logic you were making to consider a team so early was very uncharacteristic for you, generally I think you throw your net a lot wider and you're not willing to discount possible scum so early.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rei said:

my criticism of you is still the big 'this is the only way the game can break down' that you either invented or parroted from francis, super fuckin anti town 

I had toss something out there to see what would happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hazmah    139
1 minute ago, JC. said:

It's fair to criticize me for sticking onto Soph + Haz without really talking about other players, but I don't think it is scummy to have a team that early in the thread like people were saying during the game. Yeah, it was only page 2, but how many times has rei found something scummy and linked a partner on some seemingly innocuous post page 1? I remember it just recently with the flacko + jericho scum game.

My issue was found on the fact that you were so absolutist on weak lynches. You can't say "these 2 are the scum team", when the basis is shitposting on days 1 and 2. The fact that youre so convinced insinuates you've either got a power, or you're looking to hard push a mislynch. The former doesn't work because I'm not scum (and this setup said no bastard), and so it must be the latter. There was just something off from you that contrasted with the remainder of your games, and I thought it was pretty obvious that you were scum. 

 

My expectation of you is to pressure early, and that's fine, but you were insistent and it made it obvious you were scum. Of course that means nothing when you have a shit player like Francis on the side of town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+rei+    34993

gj on thoroughly muddying the waters 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hazmah    139

Can i just say, Francis fucking sucks at the game. This game's gameplay was worse than I've ever seen Tyranno do. I've never been a fan of people saying Francis is good, because I just flat out dont think he is. He's active, and he acts like he follows "logic" which gets people to sheep him, but he's not a good player, and this has only cemented that thought in my mind. Maybe he was good, but he definitely is not now. He was one of the weaker players in this game.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
»JC.    5323

the implied part of talking about francis at start of day 2 was meant to be "i think scum did not kill me because they are going all-in for the mislynch on my mason partner" but i only put that part in the neighborhood QT :eevee:

you're right that it was a bad post though

 

@rei im not sure which part specifically you are referring to. i definitely tunnel as both alignments (e.g. the 2 games in a row i went after 2k for wanting to let malcolm control the lynch), but the stuff about Walia being town was completely manufactured from Francis; if i were town, i actually would have voted Walia in my first post because i see scum complain about their roles all the time

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Sophocles    3327
Just now, hazmah said:

Can i just say, Francis fucking sucks at the game. This game's gameplay was worse than I've ever seen Tyranno do. I've never been a fan of people saying Francis is good, because I just flat out dont think he is. He's active, and he acts like he follows "logic" which gets people to sheep him, but he's not a good player, and this has only cemented that thought in my mind. Maybe he was good, but he definitely is not now. He was one of the weaker players in this game.

read what it says under his avatar idiot

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+rei+    34993
Just now, JC. said:

the implied part of talking about francis at start of day 2 was meant to be "i think scum did not kill me because they are going all-in for the mislynch on my mason partner" but i only put that part in the neighborhood QT :eevee:

you're right that it was a bad post though

 

@rei im not sure which part specifically you are referring to. i definitely tunnel as both alignments (e.g. the 2 games in a row i went after 2k for wanting to let malcolm control the lynch), but the stuff about Walia being town was completely manufactured from Francis; if i were town, i actually would have voted Walia in my first post because i see scum complain about their roles all the time

 

i just mean sharing that logic and treating it as basically face value with none of your own commentary was like 'hey what' 
nothing about hte tunnelling just the parroting was weird esp from a non-contributor 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hazmah is just salty cause he wanted me to me to literally tell him what to do and i flat out refused. JC made it fairly clear we werent masons two times and even quoted it for Town. 
 

@hazmah no idea why you keep ignoring the above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
»JC.    5323

Sage - you joked around with me both in the neighborhood and in the game thread. it should be Non Alignment Indicative, but people might read into it. i enjoyed it, obviously, but others might not in the future.

 

 

p.s.

jc in the game: has 0 votes on him at all ever

jc in the postgame: everyone talking about how i was definitely scum :cool:

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SageRhapsody    394
Just now, JC. said:

Sage - you joked around with me both in the neighborhood and in the game thread. it should be Non Alignment Indicative, but people might read into it. i enjoyed it, obviously, but others might not in the future.

 

 

p.s.

jc in the game: has 0 votes on him at all ever

jc in the postgame: everyone talking about how i was definitely scum :cool:

true. 

 

tho nobody mentioned it at all, so i assume i'm safe; better safe than sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hazmah    139
Just now, The Lyncher said:

Hazmah is just salty cause he wanted me to me to literally tell him what to do and i flat out refused. JC made it fairly clear we werent masons two times and even quoted it for Town. 
 

@hazmah no idea why you keep ignoring the above

Then just fucking answer the question. I post saying "Are you two neighbours or masons" followed by "I think i've solved the game" (which was obviously in reference to JC being scum). You then proceed to post several times avoiding the question, when it's just a no or yes question, and would've taken you significantly less time to just answer. I'm not going to scour the website looking for each individual word in each individual post, just answer the question. 

 

You're not my 8 year old nephew. Grow up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
»JC.    5323

I didn't have any issues with the game, especially as I could get feedback from Francis unlike the rest of the players in the thread.

But, I'm starting to think Mafia just isn't a very fun game. There is someone frustrated nearly 100% of the time. The games take forever, which means that people who get invested feel worse if they end up losing, especially if they have a plan to win that gets ruined by either their townmates not listening or their scummates outing themselves.

In the end, we're all probably making our lives worse for ourselves and for others by choosing to play. The good parts don't really outweigh the negatives fmpov.

 

p.p.s. MVP in 3 out of my last 3 games. retiring as champion

  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×