S l o x

Hello, again

»S l o x    5

I originally wasn't going to make a post but the last one was made in 2009 and I thought a new post couldn't hurt. It's been a while. I'm not sure many will remember me. I've got a lot of time to kill at work so I'll try to post once in a while. Don't play YGO anymore but if any of you play MTG maybe we can get some arena games in. If you're in the Dallas area then we can play some real Magic.

Glad to see this place is still around though.

• Upvote 1

+rei+    35047

how you doing man?

I play PTCG a little

• Thanks 1

»S l o x    5
9 hours ago, rei said:

how you doing man?

I play PTCG a little

Doing good. My buddy had a pokemon team and he got me into it a little but I find it kind of tough. And they release content so fast I just can't keep up with it. It's fun though.

8 hours ago, Metal Gear Salad said:

There's a melee player with the same name as you. You're not him, right?

Nah. Pretty sure I created this name before he ever had it. I get that a lot in other games I play but I'm definitely not him.

You once called me out about 15 years ago because i was a shit player who somehow had a lot of respect on another ygo forum. I needed putting in my place, then joined DG and found it lol.

»S l o x    5

Man, I don't remember that at all. I'm pretty sure I was a massive dick and an annoyance, so I'm sorry about that even if you do think you needed to be put in your place lol

rordog    986

I also quit YGO for MTG. I mostly play Paper events but I'll get on Arena/MTGO once in a while. Didn't you used to live in Oregon or am i thinking of someone else?

»S l o x    5
20 hours ago, Schism said:

I also quit YGO for MTG. I mostly play Paper events but I'll get on Arena/MTGO once in a while. Didn't you used to live in Oregon or am i thinking of someone else?

I also play primarily paper with the occasional Arena. I've been trying to do more WPN, Magic Fests and SCG's whenever they get close to me. You're right about where I used to live. I spent quite  a bit of time in Oregon.

rordog    986
3 hours ago, S l o x said:

I also play primarily paper with the occasional Arena. I've been trying to do more WPN, Magic Fests and SCG's whenever they get close to me. You're right about where I used to live. I spent quite  a bit of time in Oregon.

That makes sense. We used to go to the same regionals for Yugioh iirc. I also go to as many magic events as possible although recently i've been playing more commander than anything else. 

»S l o x    5

I'd like to get more into commander but I started in M19 and it seems like such a heavy investment to make anything worthwhile.

rordog    986

it's a more casual format than standard/modern/pioneer but it depends on the playgroup and how seriously they take it.

There's cEDH if you're looking for a more stringent competitive scene, as far as I know.

If you've only played since M19 then you might want to look into brawl more (it's also much easier to play on Arena).

• Upvote 1