Jump to content
TheGoldenTyranno

TGT Presents Duelistgroundz Mafia Invitational

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Dolbster said:

Ace kinda says stuff at the start of games. Might be referencing that he had his first maf rand recently. Regardless, don't find it objectionable

 

Hey Tims, thoughts of stuff?

Sadly no, no mafia again..., I mean no harm, but yet I will be harmed by y'all because you simply won't trust me. Nothing to see here, just a townie with a past. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dolbster said:

I kinda vibe with what Faint said about MMs intro post. Maybe a slight gut TL on Ace as well

 

Yeah Ace is probably just town.  I'm not really into the "worst entry" thing.  I'm not gonna kick if we put a wagon on MM since I already said "pick two at random," but I pretty much think rating entry posts is just random.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faint    5974
45 minutes ago, Timsup2nothin said:

 

Yeah Ace is probably just town.  I'm not really into the "worst entry" thing.  I'm not gonna kick if we put a wagon on MM since I already said "pick two at random," but I pretty much think rating entry posts is just random.

Thinking like this will never get anything done

 

As Town you vote for the player you think is most likely scum

 

Entry posts are your first insights into who is town and who is scum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Faint said:

Thinking like this will never get anything done

 

As Town you vote for the player you think is most likely scum

 

Entry posts are your first insights into who is town and who is scum

They might be your "first insights."  I have yet to see a believer in "first post reads" who actually did any better than rand though.  Maybe you'll be the first.

 

As to "getting stuff done" I already said that we need to form up a couple wagons (even if chosen at random) and see what happens.  I think it would be better if everyone had at least a double handful of posts by now, even spammy meaningless posts, so we could at least have a pretense about "looking wolfy" to hang the wagons on...but different environments and all that.

 

On Ace...I think he'd be pretty uncomfortable if he had randed wolf and that both Dolbster and I would pick him up pretty quick.  Not entry post quick, but in plenty of time to chop him.  The flip side is that people who aren't familiar with him tend to mischop him a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+rei+    35044

tim like demanding to go super to bat for ace is sketch as fuck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, rei said:

tim like demanding to go super to bat for ace is sketch as fuck 

 

So you wanna take a chance on wasting a mischop on him?  I mean, I have no overpowering evidence saying it would be wasted.  I just thought it would be a good idea to point out that Dolbster and I have played more than a few games with him and let you know how they have tended to go.

 

And if you consider that "super at bat" this is going to be an extremely interesting game.  I haven't even put a toe in the water yet.  If I actually come up with something to go all in on it might be a shock to the local system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woawa    11

hello, you may have seen me around before.  last game I was subbed into I was killed in the same night so I'm glad I at least get half a day this time : )

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woawa    11

cough that's not OGI is it?? 

 

anyways I like how ace is playing for town, seems more like laughing with town than laughing at it if you understand what I'm trying to say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SageRhapsody    401

i'm assuming it's some sort of meme regarding the site TGT kidnapped yall from. 

 

is your name AceMarvel over there and you're trying to make some joke lol.

 

regardless, it's rubbing me the wrong way, and i don't think you'd want to be sus'd based on a joke so hopefully you can be a little less awkward about stuff moving on? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Woawa said:

cough that's not OGI is it?? 

 

anyways I like how ace is playing for town, seems more like laughing with town than laughing at it if you understand what I'm trying to say. 

 

That's not OGI in most places.  If it is considered such here my apologies.

 

I mean, I would be kinda hard pressed to pretend I've never played with Ace before, but I suppose I could try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, SageRhapsody said:

i'm assuming it's some sort of meme regarding the site TGT kidnapped yall from. 

 

is your name AceMarvel over there and you're trying to make some joke lol.

 

regardless, it's rubbing me the wrong way, and i don't think you'd want to be sus'd based on a joke so hopefully you can be a little less awkward about stuff moving on? 

 

The answer is not in what I'm saying, but in what I said, right now it does not makes sense, but looking back you will be like ohhhh duh!
If you can't trust me, I'm doing a fine job. :)

 

So far I like Tim, when Tim protects me, Tim is town. 

Dolby, always self resolves around D3 if he survives. upupupupu
Futaba (rei) I'd like to keep so no voting there. 


From the three people being vote on I think I will go with vote: matirialmacer for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Official Vote Count: 

 

Dolbster(1) - Faint

materialmacer(2) - rei, AceMarvel

rei(1) - Rum117

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ace this is a nine player game...we can't really wait for day three for Dolby to resolve, because day 3 might be LYLO.

 

I am weirded out by three things.

 

1) the low activity level...this is obviously cultural, but seriously I'm starting to see the attraction of one post entry reads

2) the fact that no one seems inclined to press this issue at all...obviously also cultural...the locals I guess would be used to it...but I've seen a couple things I sort of expected to turn into some back and forth that just died out that surprised me

3) and this one isn't exactly cultural...why has this surprised me so much more than it seems to be surprising Dolbster?

 

I'm top posting and flailing around here trying to get something started so I have something to base some reads on...the locals are maybe slapping a vote down based on a first post read like that's all they expect to have to work with...and Dolbster you seem like you just instantaneously adapted.  How'd that happen?  You more interested in laying low and blending in than you are in solving?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe it was 13 because of the numbers you are right. I will self resolve tomorrow, or I'm dead N1 so there's that. 

Should we go to MYLO?

 

unvote
vote: no kill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dolbster    1

I read and sorry Tims but I'm busy and i'll say stuff later today (irl). Though I think that the criticism is unwarrented since you've seen me laze during the first 24 hours and that does happen occassionally, most recently in Rhyme maf. However, I will say that I did make a serious read that no one else had, with the only other read at the time being Faint and maybe rei not liking MM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dolbster    1
2 minutes ago, ThisisnotAceMarvel said:

I believe it was 13 because of the numbers you are right. I will self resolve tomorrow, or I'm dead N1 so there's that. 

Should we go to MYLO?

 

unvote
vote: no kill

No kill is a bad strat, particularly in games like this where we can expect to hit LYLO with one kill per phase. Also, we actually have 9 and TGT kept our chosen numbers from the signup thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dolbster said:

I read and sorry Tims but I'm busy and i'll say stuff later today (irl). Though I think that the criticism is unwarrented since you've seen me laze during the first 24 hours and that does happen occassionally, most recently in Rhyme maf. However, I will say that I did make a serious read that no one else had, with the only other read at the time being Faint and maybe rei not liking MM

 

It's okay.

 

I've just been considering whether my usual "shake the thread" style might be totally inappropriate here and it made me wonder what you were up to.

 

Everyone else kinda laying in the weeds watching is skeeving me out...they are just letting the wolves lay out there with them, seems like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dolbster said:

Ace, if you're serious in claiming that you self-resolve tomorrow then we just cool 

I am, I'm pretty sure. I will think my vote then, but so far I'm dry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dolbster    1

Think Ace and kinda Woaha and Faint (despite my initial feeling) feel town. Don’t think Ace outright says he can self resolve N1 unless he’s town 

 

Sage meh, want to know where Tims head is on these insta reactions.

 

rei a mixed bag, liked the “up to bat for Ace” comment towards Tims, alright on MM vote following Faint, starting OGI comment is kinda weird
 

Yeah, phone posting rn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×