onmitsu229

Tri-Beasts

onmitsu229    0

So made Tri-Brigade and Glad Beasts. I think this is a better, more consistent version than the omni negate version. Yes, i also know this is 45 cards. At 40, it was too clunky and couldn't play all the cards I need.

Monsters:

Rescue Rabbit x3
Tri-Brigade Fraktall x3
Tri-Brigade Kerass x3
Tri-Brigade Nervall x3
Gladiator Beast Augustus x3
Gladiator Beast Andal x3
Nibiru, the Primal Being x2
Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring x2
Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju x2
Gladiator Beast Attorix x2
Gladiator Beast Darius x1
Gladiator Beast Equeste x1
Gladiator Beast Bestiari x1

Spells:

Gladiator Proving Ground x3
Gladiator Beast Comeback x3
Fire Formation - Tenki x2
Gladiator Rejection x2
Unexpected Dai x2
Monster Reborn x1
Foolish Burial x1

Traps:

Infinite Impermanence x2

Extra Deck:

Gladiator Beast Tamer-Editor x2
Gladiator Beast Domitianus x2
Gladiator Beast Heraklinos x1
Gladiator Beast Andabata x1
Gladiator Beast Gyzarus x1
Test Panther x2
Tri-Brigade Ferrijit the Barren Blossom x2
Apollousa, Bow of the Goddess x1
Tri-Brigade Shuraig the Ominous Omen x1
Link Spider x1
Simorgh, Bird of Sovereignty x1

Edited by onmitsu229
Keep this one. My phone messed up and posted multiple times.

Nate1080    1244

I haven’t really been paying as close attention to the game as I used to a few years ago, I’m slowly getting back to it.

So I can’t directly help you atm, but I can say that if the deck felt “clunky” at 40 cards and you needed more cards to play it, that deck is likely pretty bad and you need to go back to the drawing board to fix it.

There’s only been 1-2 decks off the top of my head that ever required more than 40 cards to work, neither of them are meta anymore and I strongly doubt Tri-Brigade/GB would eventually be one of those decks.

onmitsu229    0
8 hours ago, Nate1080 said:

I haven’t really been paying as close attention to the game as I used to a few years ago, I’m slowly getting back to it.

So I can’t directly help you atm, but I can say that if the deck felt “clunky” at 40 cards and you needed more cards to play it, that deck is likely pretty bad and you need to go back to the drawing board to fix it.

There’s only been 1-2 decks off the top of my head that ever required more than 40 cards to work, neither of them are meta anymore and I strongly doubt Tri-Brigade/GB would eventually be one of those decks.

Well GBs have always been a deck that can function pretty well with more than 40. Going down to 40 would actually cut out a lot of power with what to take out. To be fair as well, I'm coming back since it was paired with Sky Striker, so I still have more meta play testing to do. When I originally had it built, it was at 40, but without hand traps (which are too needed to cut). That's why it was clunky at 40 with hand traps. 

Nate1080    1244

I’ve played GBs back in the day, and while some people played more than 40 (often 42), it was always better at 40 tbh.

Anyways, after doing a bit of research and looking closely at this deck a lot of things are at really weird numbers to begin with:

-2 Rejection

-2 Kaiju

-2 Nibiru

-1 Attorix

-1 Agustus

-1 Nervall

-1 Kerass

-1 Monster Reborn

+3 Dark Ruler No More

+1 Tenki

+1 Impermanence

+1 Ash

+1 Barrier Statue of Wind

Took out Kaijus and Nibiru because Dark Ruler effectively does the same thing as those cards, but is much better overall to draw into after they made their plays (Nibiru is awful to draw into after they set their board). It also breaks Simorgh locks, where as neither Nibiru or Kaiju can do.

Speaking of the Simorgh lock, Barrier Statue of Wind allows you to lock them out of special summons and force them to break it or lose. You can still make some plays under it I believe, but only a few.

+1 Tenki because you always want to start the game with Fraktall if Rabbit isn’t in your hand.

I cut a copy of both Nervall and Kerass because tbh, they’re only really good with Fraktall plays, and while not completely awful to open, you don’t want to see them as often.

I don’t see the need for more than 1 Attorix tbh, also the same can be said for Augustus but I’ll let you leave an extra copy in there just for Attorix’s effect and in-case you were to banish it for Tri-Brigade stuff, but 3 is far too much.

Rejection seems terrible here tbh since you don’t have too much of a variety of types to make it consistent (even then, I’d probably only play 1 copy tbh). Target protection is nice, but not nice enough to play here imo.

Reborn is unnecessary in this day and age imo, not much that’s worth taking from your opponent. Also 3 Comeback is more than enough graveyard SS here.

This leaves it at 41. To make it 40, debatably an additional copy of either Augustus and Kerass can be cut. You don’t really want to draw into either one of these; Augustus can be cycled over and over again and Kerass is really only that good early on most of the time.

I considered suggesting a 3rd copy of Dai here, but it’s a only good when you open the game and if you’re not winning. I wouldn’t cut copies atm though only because it is a way for the deck to open and put monsters on the board without normal summoning.

onmitsu229    0
3 hours ago, Nate1080 said:

I’ve played GBs back in the day, and while some people played more than 40 (often 42), it was always better at 40 tbh.

Anyways, after doing a bit of research and looking closely at this deck a lot of things are at really weird numbers to begin with:

-2 Rejection

-2 Kaiju

-2 Nibiru

-1 Attorix

-1 Agustus

-1 Nervall

-1 Kerass

-1 Monster Reborn

+3 Dark Ruler No More

+1 Tenki

+1 Impermanence

+1 Ash

+1 Barrier Statue of Wind

Took out Kaijus and Nibiru because Dark Ruler effectively does the same thing as those cards, but is much better overall to draw into after they made their plays (Nibiru is awful to draw into after they set their board). It also breaks Simorgh locks, where as neither Nibiru or Kaiju can do.

Speaking of the Simorgh lock, Barrier Statue of Wind allows you to lock them out of special summons and force them to break it or lose. You can still make some plays under it I believe, but only a few.

+1 Tenki because you always want to start the game with Fraktall if Rabbit isn’t in your hand.

I cut a copy of both Nervall and Kerass because tbh, they’re only really good with Fraktall plays, and while not completely awful to open, you don’t want to see them as often.

I don’t see the need for more than 1 Attorix tbh, also the same can be said for Augustus but I’ll let you leave an extra copy in there just for Attorix’s effect and in-case you were to banish it for Tri-Brigade stuff, but 3 is far too much.

Rejection seems terrible here tbh since you don’t have too much of a variety of types to make it consistent (even then, I’d probably only play 1 copy tbh). Target protection is nice, but not nice enough to play here imo.

Reborn is unnecessary in this day and age imo, not much that’s worth taking from your opponent. Also 3 Comeback is more than enough graveyard SS here.

This leaves it at 41. To make it 40, debatably an additional copy of either Augustus and Kerass can be cut. You don’t really want to draw into either one of these; Augustus can be cycled over and over again and Kerass is really only that good early on most of the time.

I considered suggesting a 3rd copy of Dai here, but it’s a only good when you open the game and if you’re not winning. I wouldn’t cut copies atm though only because it is a way for the deck to open and put monsters on the board without normal summoning.

I can't take out Kaiju. I still have a lot of Red Eyes in my area and Dark Ruler is only so effective against it. Plus, it's in my side.  Also, Reborn doesn't have the restriction Comeback has, so why would that need to come out? 

Nate1080    1244

Well, if you’re not trying to take out Kaiju, at least add a 3rd one. Would also make siding easier too.

While it has no restriction, Reborn itself doesn’t add much. At least Comeback adds some protection if you need it. You’re really not going to steal from the opponents graveyard much unless in a mirror match these days, and there isn’t any non-GB monster you’d want to revive from your own graveyard. In this scenario, it’s more so viewed as comeback without protection rather than comeback without restriction.

Also comeback is able to summon stuff from your hand. While a -1 in the sense of strict numbers (if you actually care about such a thing), that doesn’t matter because it gives it much more flexibility than Reborn ever could and actually allows you to extend your plays/make moves without having your normal summons needing to stick. So it’s a much better card to open with than Reborn.

What I’m basically saying is, between Reborn and Comeback in this deck, Reborn is strictly the worse card. You don’t want to open with it and drawing into it in general adds no real value for you. Instead of a 4th Reborn, it’s much better to add a card that would actually do something for you when you open it and when drawn into.

onmitsu229    0
6 hours ago, Nate1080 said:

Well, if you’re not trying to take out Kaiju, at least add a 3rd one. Would also make siding easier too.

While it has no restriction, Reborn itself doesn’t add much. At least Comeback adds some protection if you need it. You’re really not going to steal from the opponents graveyard much unless in a mirror match these days, and there isn’t any non-GB monster you’d want to revive from your own graveyard. In this scenario, it’s more so viewed as comeback without protection rather than comeback without restriction.

Also comeback is able to summon stuff from your hand. While a -1 in the sense of strict numbers (if you actually care about such a thing), that doesn’t matter because it gives it much more flexibility than Reborn ever could and actually allows you to extend your plays/make moves without having your normal summons needing to stick. So it’s a much better card to open with than Reborn.

What I’m basically saying is, between Reborn and Comeback in this deck, Reborn is strictly the worse card. You don’t want to open with it and drawing into it in general adds no real value for you. Instead of a 4th Reborn, it’s much better to add a card that would actually do something for you when you open it and when drawn into.

Well after locals, the only hands that really sucked was when I drew all 3 Augustus and multiple Nervall, and nothing else from Tri-Brigade, so I'll probably cut him down some. I still think the lack of restrictions for the Reborn is still too necessary.