Akeem

what are your 2021 goals/predictions? (humor is welcomed)

Aaron    2082

1. Pass final training exams to be a senior doctor and start doing private work

2. Buy new house

3. Construction on new house (8-9M out first floor, go as far out and behind as I can second floor to create 2 new bedrooms, increase main bathroom size and add 3 ensuites) 

4. Create a 'dream' cinema room in the new pad (JVC NX7+ projector, new subwoofers (arendal 2V x2?), new power amplifier (NORD 5 channel) + a hoverBOSS (I already bought the parts) + 83'' Sony OLED HDMI 2.1)  

5. Get a Tesla

6. New wardrobe to finalise my tastes for the next decade as in the next decade I'll be pretty close if not middle-aged 

7. Find someone who can be a potential fiancee and I see a long term future with 

8. Lose 10lbs of fat which I've gained from COVID and find my old self in the gym 

9. Try and unwind more as a person

1 is very important and something I've neglected as I haven't booked the exams or started revision. Pretty irrresponsible but my work portfolio is absolutely phenomenal and perfect so I can't be too hard on myself just yet. 

2 should be completed by end of January. 

3 should start in April once I get planning permission, architect will come in February first week

4 & 5 the two aims I'm willing to sacrifice are 4 & 5 as I don't really care about cars and the AV equipment if put back a year just means I get the NEXT years stuff which is going to be better anyway. Also, I'm hoping if COVID settles down, I'll only spend a couple of evenings a week in the cinema room as opposed to currently.. every day. 

6 I want to try and do on a reasonable budget. I did the whole expensive clothes thing in my mid 20s and honestly, its just a bunch of rubbish. If you have to wear expensive clothes for your job, fine, but otherwise I'd rather put that money into property, stocks, shares or AV equipment which holds its value. Just want to buy clothes which look and fit nice and are cheap enough that I can consider them disposable.. as thats what clothes really are outside of nice jackets. 

7 is really tough as my criteria for finding someone is ideally smart, pretty, earns a decent amount of money and is ambitious as I've found after going through the hassle of getting a mortgage etc this year... the more your other half earns, the better. 

8 Going to be a long year and the one that hurts the most is number 8. I've gone from 8% bodyfat to 16% bodyfat with what feels like acid reflux symptoms and chronic bloating which I struggle to get ontop of. I've gone from 5-6x a week gym and six pack ready everyday to IMO fairly average. 

9 I am pretty determined/driven/intense/high standards in work as a person. I'd love to transition to being more relaxed and not giving AF as much. although its really helpful for work, providing best care for patients, my ambitions.. i think it has a knock on effect on happiness. just being able to let go. I think with COVID and being unable to go out drinking with friends; I've aged mentally maybe 3-5 years and would like to rewind the clock. 

Edited by Aaron

+rei+    35053

have sex 

Soul    7953

not kill myself. especially since im just outside the 27 club now and it no longer would be cool. 

Nate1080    1246

Getting fit. I’m already on my way there. I lost almost 30 pounds since the beginning of November so far.

• Upvote 1

Haruki    12669

the new york mets are going to win the world series and the brooklyn nets are going to win the nba finals

kevin-durant-kyrie-irving-nets-graphic.j

also, i'm going back to college to study computer science

until the fall semester starts, i'm going to listen to more music, watch more films and anime, keep reading the one piece manga until i'm caught up, and play umineko no naku koro ni the visual novel

i want to catch up on one piece by the middle of january. then i'll play umineko no naku koro ni, and i want to finish it by the middle of february. one piece and umineko no naku koro ni are really long, and i want to finish them before i go on to watching more films and anime.

Soul    7953

I like it Reggie. Best of luck. It's more fulfilling than w.e that Aaron guy is doing. Fuck that guy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Haruki    12669

i was going to watch these films for december:

la dolce vita
sunset blvd.
the apartment
rear window
vertigo
psycho
2001: space odyssey
dr. strangelove
the godfather
the godfather: part ii
the godfather: part iii
apocalypse now

but i had the sudden urge to watch several animes, including finishing xxxholic and higurashi no naku koro ni. i only watched the first season of both animes back in 2006, the same year i quit watching anime until 2012. i'm also watching the new season of higurashi no naku koro ni. i used to watch a lot of anime from 2004-2006 and not so much since 2012. i missed out on so many films and animes when i was younger because music gave me the most pleasure out of all art forms, but now i find film and anime enjoyable again. i thought if i let go of most attachments, i would achieve more happiness, and it actually did. i think because of that, i can enjoy anything even more now. i had to go through a time where i could endure mundane days, but still find joy in them, and then realize later that there are countless fun things to do when it's not so busy. a process like that will make anyone appreciate life to the fullest.

773 202 LUNA    2909

re-enter the workforce - quit the old job like I had wanted to in the 2020 thread but took a few months off to preserve my sanity.  more applicants/compeitiion obv but i've got the "3-5 years of experience" that listings prefer so we'll see

i'd like to socialize in groups in person safely again this year but i'm not optimistic about the US covid response.  Most other countries should be fine

on that note - don't get covid

i've gotta renew my drivers' license & passport this year and would like to have a face in the photos i can tolerate.  mostly because i don't think i'm very photogenic

i think mitch trubisky will still be the bears' qb for the 2021 season and i'll continue to hate everything about american football as a result

+rei+    35053

Real answer: camp every month 

Nate1080    1246

I recently decided that I want to watch at least 1 movie a day this year. I like movies, but I rarely carved out time to sit down and watch one in the past, even if it was some bullshit movie on netflix.

In addition to my previous post, I think this will be easy and fun little goal to do this year.

Aaron    2082
32 minutes ago, Nate1080 said:

I recently decided that I want to watch at least 1 movie a day this year. I like movies, but I rarely carved out time to sit down and watch one in the past, even if it was some bullshit movie on netflix.

In addition to my previous post, I think this will be easy and fun little goal to do this year.

Me too. 

I'd love to reduce my time on youtube, internet forums, randomly googling and sit down & enjoy a good film, tv show, anime etc. I find films the most fulfilling time:satisfaction ratio. 

3D films are god damn awesome and have got me back in love with home cinema a lot.. (that and COVID/not being allowed to do much outside of the house). 

+Mascis    4570

make enough money so i can buy all the ygo decks from 2008/2009 max rarity and be the ygo baller i always dreamed i'd be

• Upvote 1