Sign in to follow this  
Koldhearted

Marriage Question

Should the lines "to cherrish and to hold as long as you both shall live, and till death do us part, be taken out?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should the lines "to cherrish and to hold as long as you both shall live, and till death do us part, be taken out?

• Yes
    • No

Koldhearted    2

Well whatya guys think?

I'm going for yes because most marriages don't last till the person dies.

+rei+    34637

The point of a marriage is permanence.Thats why you get married

Azrael    6

The point of a marriage is permanence.Thats why you get married

chea....

The only reason I would take it out is the fact that they should still love after death. I mean, I really don't care, but if there were a reason that would be it. IMO.

Kal-El    0

The only reason I would take it out is the fact that they should still love after death. I mean, I really don't care, but if there were a reason that would be it. IMO.

love is one thing, but their is not guarantee that you will still be with the one you love after death.

Not only do I think this line needs to be in there, but I'll go as far as to say its one of the most important lines (hence it being the most quoted of values). and if you marry someone, you should be planning on making a life time commitment to that person.

BiPi    1032

the concept of marriage in ash's perceptive is of course the intent, but the intent has been abused in so many ways these days. marriage is definitely not something you must have, but the world has just accepted that it is definitely a way to promote (1) reproduction and (2) production (as in working). therefore, it doesn't matter how long a marriage lasts, it just depends on how much comes from a marriage and how much doesn't. and besides, not all marriage vows include that line.

Evangelist    0

I agree with kal-el.

Marriage is suppose to be something sacred. Marriage is suppose to be intended for a life-long relationship.