Sign in to follow this  
MaLiK23

Anti-Smoking Law

Do u support the anti-smoking law?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do u support the anti-smoking law?

• Yes
    • No
    • I want an anti-smoking law but not in the same way

»MaLiK23    16

Basically in many european countries. Most recent being spain. an anti-smoking law has been passed which bans smoking completely in the workplace public transport and other public places. restaurants, clubs and bars under 100m squared must ban smoking entirely. Those above 100 m squared must have a partition for a non smoking and a smoking area. furthermore those who smoke regardless can be fined anywhere from 30 to 600,000 Euros. Since smoking is legal in europe form the age of 16. 16-17year olds who break the law will have fines passed to their parents. U can read a more detailed article of it on bbc.

Whatd'ya think?

»Duo    1

Good idea. I don't want cigarette smoke being blown in my face when I'm walking to the underground, or going to sit down in a restaurant.

Guest Ryu   
Guest Ryu

Yeah. If they wanna smoke, they can go home.

»MaLiK23    16

tbh i think its a bit extreme. but is true.

u get all dressed up n fresh. slap on sum aftershave. roll into a club. 20 minutes later u smell like a fucking ashtray. dunno bout banning it in bars tho.

»Pharaoh Atem    15768

I don't see anyone being upset about it to cause problems, so why not? It's a benefit to the health of mankind, in more ways than one.

Model    864

I was the first niqqa to say no, xD let them smoke whereever they want..just jack cig prices to the fucking roof they'll stop.

a-Z-n    0

smoking is bad for u

St0ned Pyr0    2

smoking is bad for u

So is taco bell and beer, but people love that stuff too. Alot of the things in this world are bad for you, but that hasn't caused people to take such drastic actions like banning alcohol or fast food in public places. Its ridiculous if you ask me.

And it doesn't smell THAT bad. I actually like the smell.

Eh, they've had smoking bans for years where I live. You can't even smoke in most of the bars in this state, if not all of them.

Honestly, smoking's a hard habit to break. But, the amount of life that is shortened from being around someone that smokes, and especially the one actually doing the smoking, is fairly high. I mean, sure, more people will likely die from fast food, drunk driving, or even walking in a bad part of town before they die of smoking in their 30s-40s, but it's still better for the people who don't smoke at all that they ban it.

Plus, meh, some cigs are okay smell-wise. I just hate those cheap ones, and the heavier ones, with a passion (nothing like smoking about 30% manure to every cigarette, huh?).

Honkey Kong    11

Smoking bylaws are god in some way but in others its just a control issue. I remember before this whole smoking bylaws in ontario were even introduced that some places had seperate, closed off areas reserved for smoking. it worked for quite a while and it was ok seeing how both problems were solved, nobody had to inhale second hand smoke if they didn't want to and the smokers had their little smoking area of the restaurant, why couldn't they pass a bylaw that made restaurants,bars, e.t.c have a closed off designated smoking area?

It's all costs. See, to build something like, say, a section with its own specian vents, and completely closed off from most the rest of the area, would cost more than most of the "open area" bars that are in most resturants/hotels.

Though really, I don't get how anyone can drink alcohol, most of which is flammable, and smoke at the same time. It seems to me the issue should more be a fire hazard than air pollution.

»Nut    671

My dad FINALLY quit smoking and then his dad died, so he started upa gain ;o

He doesnt smoke around me, I told him too.

Guest KEiNEngel   
Guest KEiNEngel

It's all costs. See, to build something like, say, a section with its own specian vents, and completely closed off from most the rest of the area, would cost more than most of the "open area" bars that are in most resturants/hotels.

Though really, I don't get how anyone can drink alcohol, most of which is flammable, and smoke at the same time. It seems to me the issue should more be a fire hazard than air pollution.

That better be a fucking joke, or your a dumbass Jake. XD

Smoking is good for you. I suggest you all do it. I love my cigaretts more then anything else. Fuck all you nazi's who have a problem with it. :D

It's all costs.  See, to build something like, say, a section with its own specian vents, and completely closed off from most the rest of the area, would cost more than most of the "open area" bars that are in most resturants/hotels.

Though really, I don't get how anyone can drink alcohol, most of which is flammable, and smoke at the same time.  It seems to me the issue should more be a fire hazard than air pollution.

That better be a fucking joke, or your a dumbass Jake. XD

Smoking is good for you. I suggest you all do it. I love my cigaretts more then anything else. Fuck all you nazi's who have a problem with it. :D

Way to go for getting the joke, you get a prize!

Posted Image

XDD

»MaLiK23    16

Smoking bylaws are god in some way but in others its just a control issue. I remember before this whole smoking bylaws in ontario were even introduced that some places had seperate, closed off areas reserved for smoking. it worked for quite a while and it was ok seeing how both problems were solved, nobody had to inhale second hand smoke if they didn't want to and the smokers had their little smoking area of the restaurant, why couldn't they pass a bylaw that made restaurants,bars, e.t.c have a closed off designated smoking area?

are u willing to pay for every bar to build these areas?

Honkey Kong    11

are u willing to pay for every bar to build these areas?
not at our expense, at the bar's expense. if the bar cannot produce such a thing then its simply non smoking.

there are other alternatives to it, this is just one way i can think of.