Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ryu

Muslim Protest to Muhammad Caricature

Guest Ryu   
Guest Ryu

Your feelings or thoughts on this? In my opinion they are overreating beyond anything.

+rei+    34637

overeating?

I firmly believ ein freedom of speech and the seperation of church and state. I dont plan on expanding any more on that

Guest Ryu   
Guest Ryu

XD I meant to say overreacting. missed the c.

this is how i see it.

Posted Image

»MaLiK23    16

they're not overreacting.

»MaLiK23    16

if they printed jesus with a bomb every xtian country would bomb them.

whats more all they want is an apology and denmark refuse to apologise.

whats more. y can israel have nukes but iran not? this world is fucked up.

america is retarded. as is the un. just cos britain and america support israel its ok.

edit #2: to add to that. the charicateurs printed by arab countries showing jews do not show any jewish holy figures.

+rei+    34637

If Jesus had a bomb NOTHING would happen. At all.

I don't support Isreal having nukes, but the reason they can have them is because they are a democratic nation that has safeguards against using nuclear weapons, as opposed to Iran being a dictatorship.

»MaLiK23    16

iran is less of a dictatorship then israel and less likely to launch.

Aaron    2022

If Jesus had a bomb NOTHING would happen. At all.

agreed. i've seen many jesus pictures.

+rei+    34637

iran is less of a dictatorship then israel and less likely to launch.

Elaborate. Please.

uNbrEaKaBLe    0

if they printed jesus with a bomb every xtian country would bomb them.

whats more all they want is an apology and denmark refuse to apologise.

whats more. y can israel have nukes but iran not? this world is fucked up.

america is retarded. as is the un. just cos britain and america support israel its ok.

edit #2: to add to that. the charicateurs printed by arab countries showing jews do not show any jewish holy figures.

I LIVE in Denmark. =\

And you can't apologize, that's against the law, as it's freedom of speech that counts over anything in the country.

If the primeminister of Denmark apologized he'd be in deep shit, the only ones who CAN apologize is the danish magazine: Jyllandsposten.

So liek, yea, gg =\

»MaLiK23    16

i cant really elaborate without offending people.

+rei+    34637

Malik, I'm not American. I want you to analyze the political systems of Isreal and Iran and get back to me. Okay?

»MaLiK23    16

i didnt mean rei

k israel has been slaughtering palestinians for years. only now have they stopped (slightly). how is this a stable government. the Israeli government has proven to fund many terrorist groups attacking arabs who are 'thought' to be masterminds behind terrorist attacks. now even if they're right. does a govt that endorses such attacks seem stable to u?

i kno this is personal opinion but honestly i dont see how even the uk and america tell iran not to build nukes when they themselves wont dispose of their own.

can i make it clear that i DO not accept terrorism. and i DO NOT think iran should be allowed to carry on with their nuclear program. BUT. neither shud israel or ne1 in the world. to be realistic. g8 countries are not gonna give up their nukes. however the chance of israel launching is high enough for action to be taken.

im sorry if i offended ne1 but u did ask for my opinion.

EDIT: for those of u bashing on about freedom of speech. its utter bs. u think u can say what u like in america against ur govt? no u cant.

when sheree blair said that the palestinians had no option then to blow themselves up why was it censored? hmm? freedom of speech? please. the govt just finds ways to go around it. like the man who protested every day infront of parliament. the excuse for stopping him: he was causing congestion. THe radical muslim leader in england jailed for 7 years on charges of enciting violence. such pictures dont encite violence? y was the editor sacked and not jailed? COME ON.

EDIT #2: didnt see nemesis post. y cant the prime minister apologize. is it a big deal? no its not.

+rei+    34637

In Canada you can say anything you want about the government and they cant do shit.

I don't think anyone should have nuclear weapons either. However at least there's a democratic process surrounding Isreal

»Duo    1

Where the crap do the reasons for owning nuclear weapons fit into this debate?

Anyways, the Muslim countries are living a medieval lifestyle with modern weapons. If they didn't have the technology to respond like a regular culture, I couldn't care less if they find it offensive or not. Their way of life revolves around their religion, just like how 1000 years ago, Europe's way of life revolved around Christianity. Nobody criticizes their religion-based lifestyle.

Elessar    0

They did overreact. There's a great deal of irony in that many decided the best way for the Islamic world to protest this issue was naturally to start riots and go on marches glorifying 9/11 and the London bombings. Since it's not like they were in any way reinforcing the stereotype the cartoons were exploiting.

In the Western world, the only things that are actually censored outright are Holocaust Denial and to some degree anti-semitism (mostly continental Europe here, not wanting to forget past mistakes). There is nothing stopping you criticising the government, being racist or expressing whatever else you want to - as long as you're willing to deal with the backlash from whoever you happen to be offending. The idea that the government of any Western country is going to censor you for criticising them is downright absurd. I haven't seen anyone arrest or lynch Michael Moore yet. Of course, it helps if the manner you're protesting in is reasonable. Fire in a crowded theatre thing applies here.

What these countries are calling for isn't an apology. They want the Danish government to outright censor their press to conform to archaic Islamic religious sensibilities. Which the government won't do because of Freedom of the Press. It was entirely within the rights of the paper to print the cartoons, it hasn't down anything illegal and doesn't owe anyone an apology.

Besides, it's a bit hypocritical to protest the depiction of one prophet of Islam yet totally overlook the fact that Jesus and Moses (also prophets of Islam) have been shown in practically every medium you can think of. I guess it's a bit too inconvenient to pick fights over them, so they'll just compromise their beliefs there.

uNbrEaKaBLe    0

Elessar is right.

MaLiK, you asked me, i tell you, it's ILLEGAL for the primeminister in Denmark to apologize for something that the law allows, and for something he can't take the responsibility for.

I live in Denmark, and many people are afraid. I'm from the middle-east myself even though i was born here. The thing that bothers me is, that when i see kids on the street (which i saw some 2 days ago,) saying: "if i had a machine-gun i'd kill all those arabs!" and the other one saying: "oh yea! Well if i had a bomb, i'd blow them up!". That truly bothers me, i'm against the arabs in this, i get very mad when i see them burning the Danish embassy and burning the Danish flag.

Azrael    6

look.. ima a muslim.. and im not going to be biased about this... so listen...

EVERYONE knows that it is wrong to make fun of any religious figure, idea, or anything associated with religion, it's common sense. So why would you make fun of Mohammed? I seriously don't get that..

I mean, people will get mad if you make fun of Jesus by saying that he invites child-molesting priests to heaven; even I would get offended, because it is just downright wrong to make fun of ANY religion, no matter what YOU believe in.

And rei, this is for you.

It's good that you don't believe in nukes. I dont either. NO ONE SHOULD be allowed to have nukes, NO ONE. I don't care who the fuck you are. I seriously don't see the reason for it. It's not like "aliens" are coming to invade and we might need them. If no one had nukes, there wouldn't be a problem.

There is no difference between Israel or Iran having nukes. If Israel is democratic, that doesn't mean he is a peaceful country, may I remind you the US is democratic and yet we are the most military minded country in the world? Israel isn't some serene person who won't fire nukes if he gets in hot water. Same thing with Iran. They are dictatorship, and yes, they are just as likely to nuke someone as anyone would. Democracy is just a cover-up to obtain nukes, incase "someone tries to fight against democracy". This world is twisted.. and it boggles the mind...

That is all for now.

»MaLiK23    16

the 'lol gg' 'gg' 'gamed' outside the spam kingdom is idiotic.

it seems anyone writing in register in this forum ''wins''.

i agree with azrael apart from the israel thing. i kno this is my own personal opinion. but i once heard the argument ''that the reason arab countries are more likely to launch is if they hit israel they would basically wipe the jewish race/religion from the planet. however if israel launches they would only be able to hit a certain amount of arab states. never enough to hit enough to wipe them out.'' Whilst i understand the argument i dont agree with its conclusion. the fact that Israel would face such pressure would make them more shifty no? more nervous etc etc.

but again i reinstate no nukes is a better solution.

btw completely off topic but POST 1337

Azrael    6

that thing you heard, is and extremist phrase, don't put islam's name on that, plz..