Sign in to follow this  
gl0ry

Public Schools

gl0ry    3

Sure, everyone loves public schools. =D What's not to like? Everyone gets an education n stuff, right? That's what faggots think. People who actually try or want to exceed have to slow down // be placed in classes with kids who don't prioritize education at all. Because of the crappiness of the high school I attend, my chances of getting into college are dropped. [i'm still an Automatic choice; Grades n such pwn + 4 years athlete + NHS + SAT score KILLS NOOBS] I think that enrollment should be based on some sort of test / grades to tighten who can get in. Maybe you faggot communists don't like it, but my school is ghetto. I know kids who DO NOT DESERVE an education, nor do they desire one.

Thoughts?

Guest Ryu   
Guest Ryu

This country is run by people who generalize everything. All I can say is, we're all just numbers to the people who could change the way our lives are run. They don't care about us, they care about their own social and political success.

»Riiamu    2

You get faggot wasters where ever you go. Its depressing, but its the truth. Schools in general need to be able to expel/suspend/prevent them from staying on with more ease.

The best way to think about it is these people are gonna end up in the gutter while you bring yourself to the top, and you can then destroy them with your army of trained super roboto-ninja-assasinat0rz!

OraCLe    21

jack. u r officially a faggot and need to shut the fuck up. i know of plenty of kids who dont give a shit about school. but every1 deserves atleast a basic education, to deprive ppl of something that essential not only makes them more ignorant which will not help our country at all. i smoke tons of pot, dont give a shit about school, and am lucky to have averaged a 4.3 gpa with a 32 on my ACT. yet i STILL think every1 deserves an education. bottomline jack, you are an elitist asshole.

edit: btw approximately 40 yrs of sociologic research would basically call u a dumbass for ur reasons on why ppl shouldnt be allowed to get an education. you have probably been given a chance to succeed whereas some of those kids who dick around probably havent had a chance at life. you are a lucky person based on the way your stating your opinions from. be4 u judge those ppl why dont u show some empathy and put yourself in THEIR shoes. their life may not be all that (which brings up the pt of them not being given a chance to succeed). look at it from their pt of view be4 u ignorantly blurt out yours.

Thanatos    516

You gotta remeber tho some people don't even put an effort to get the basics down and give less of a care than u-that's the case where i think jack is right, but for people that can't get a better education for w/e reasons is your better point of view.

gl0ry    3

Think about this faggot.

A kid in a 3rd world country could get an education in place of some faggot who goes and screws around for 12 years in the system then becomes homeless. Don't need no education for manual labor.

I'm not saying don't have a social life, but if you don't do anything in school, why take up space?

St0ned Pyr0    2

jack. u r officially a faggot and need to shut the fuck up. i know of plenty of kids who dont give a shit about school. but every1 deserves atleast a basic education, to deprive ppl of something that essential not only makes them more ignorant which will not help our country at all. i smoke tons of pot, dont give a shit about school, and am lucky to have averaged a 4.3 gpa with a 32 on my ACT. yet i STILL think every1 deserves an education. bottomline jack, you are an elitist asshole.

edit: btw approximately 40 yrs of sociologic research would basically call u a dumbass for ur reasons on why ppl shouldnt be allowed to get an education. you have probably been given a chance to succeed whereas some of those kids who dick around probably havent had a chance at life. you are a lucky person based on the way your stating your opinions from. be4 u judge those ppl why dont u show some empathy and put yourself in THEIR shoes. their life may not be all that (which brings up the pt of them not being given a chance to succeed). look at it from their pt of view be4 u ignorantly blurt out yours.

I agree completely with this guy. You sound alot like me, except my GPA is like a 2 point something.

Jack Bauer- I completely hate people like you. You really need to look at things from different angles. Just because certain people don't care about getting an education, does not mean they don't deserve it. If people want to "ruin" their lives, let them do it themselves, but atleast give them a chance.

Me? I just wanna get by. I don't care if im poor, i just wanna live a simple, easy life. I think it beats the hell out of being a rich elitist asshole like you "think" your gonna be.

Everyone needs some sort of education to make any kind of living in this country. If you deprive people of an education, you deprive them of their lives. Not cool, man.

OraCLe    21

bottomline jack. im right you're wrong, and i agree with what u said, however the fact still remains u should never be able to deny some1 an education no matter how fucked up they r. i do believe firmly in punishment for kids who interfere with kids attempts at learning.

basic point: im right ;/

Public schools fail compared to Private Schools. I go to a private school, and with a 3.5 or so GPA, I will get into a better college than anyone in a public school with a 3.8 or so. My HS is probably one of the best in the northeast, so yeh, it's good to go here. Honestly, I agree that some people shouldn't have to go to school, if they do not want to and know what they want to do with their lives. This means people in like remote locations that are never going to go anywhere. Any other place though, I feel that an education should be given. Most kids wouldn't want an education, but 10 years down the line they will wish they had stayed in high school for those extra 2 years. I think I'm rambling because I'm on painkillers. ;o

Guest Talib Kweli   
Guest Talib Kweli

*goes to random public school #5485*

*gets a 4.7*

*laughs*

Gamed, much.

^ Serious statement. If you want to get into college and get a lot of scholarship money, go to an easy school.

*goes to random public school #5485*

*gets a 4.7*

*laughs*

Gamed, much.

^ Serious statement. If you want to get into college and get a lot of scholarship money, go to an easy school.

Not true.

Guest Talib Kweli   
Guest Talib Kweli

Very true.

Colleges, by law, don't look at the school. They look at the numbers, extracurriculars, and standardized test scores.

You could go to Harvard's Secondary School of Arts and get a 3.0, and some random Joe could go to public school #48785 and get a 3.4. (Assuming equal test scores/ecs) Guess who is going to get accepted into more colleges? Guess who is going to get offered more scholarships?

http://www.collegeconfidential.com/dean/archives/000102.htm

Question: I am in seventh grade and currently attend a public middle school. I would like to study pediatric medicine at an Ivy League university. I know it’s a little early for me to be thinking about college, but would I have a better chance of getting into the Ivy League if I go to a private high school?

No matter what you may hear through the grapevine, colleges don’t care if you’ve attended a private or public high school. Admission officers like “diversity,” so that means admitting students from all sorts of backgrounds.

And even then, you don't even have to be coming out of high school to go into Ivy Leaque colleges.

I'm in community college right now, for example. If I wanted to, say, get some kind of a high-rank Masters degree (let's say, for the sake of argument, Nuclear Physicist), I'd first take two years here, transfer to a state college (for this example, I think NMSU would work) for a year, and finally send my transcripts into Ivy Leagues. Assuming I had high marks, did well on my tests, and had the proper support, I could go to and graduate from Yale in less than 3 years after being out of high school, for far less the cost, no less (by then, I'd only need 1-2 more years for said Masters).

The road doesn't end at high school, and everyone from any walk of life should be entitled the basic right for education. Hell, the people who are "wasters" need it the most, just in case some of them could realize what retards they were, and at the very least get a GED, go to community, and follow the above steps with the right work and direction.

And for the record, I graduated with a 1.8, and I still had offers from state colleges for all of the writing and art contests I'd been it. Plus, my ACTs were at least in the 25-30 range, which never hurts in this state.

»MaLiK23    16

u might wanna see what the term 'public school' means.

»Riiamu    2

2 entries found for public school.

public school

n.

1. An elementary or secondary school in the United States supported by public funds and providing free education for children of a community or district.

2. A private boarding school in Great Britain for pupils between the ages of 13 and 18.

So this is fucked up because people don't know whether its a British or American public school.

All schools really are the same in the end. It just depends on the funds, who's teaching, etc., etc.

You can still go to American private/British public schools and get the same education as you would in any other institution. All depends on your work ethic and desire to better yourself.

»MaLiK23    16

public school

n.

1. An elementary or secondary school in the United States supported by public funds and providing free education for children of a community or district.

2. A private boarding school in Great Britain for pupils between the ages of 13 and 18.

So this is fucked up because people don't know whether its a British or American public school.

hence y i told u to look it up.

<< britain

gl0ry    3

yeah. ;x

BAR test for schools, pass in, fail out. high standards. improves the nation.

»Riiamu    2

public school

n.

hence y i told u to look it up.

<< britain

Umm, I knew this.

I posted it up for your benefit, because from your post it sounded as though you didn't know what public school meant in America.

Very true.

Colleges, by law, don't look at the school. They look at the numbers, extracurriculars, and standardized test scores.

You could go to Harvard's Secondary School of Arts and get a 3.0, and some random Joe could go to public school #48785 and get a 3.4. (Assuming equal test scores/ecs) Guess who is going to get accepted into more colleges? Guess who is going to get offered more scholarships?

http://www.collegeconfidential.com/dean/archives/000102.htm

Question: I am in seventh grade and currently attend a public middle school. I would like to study pediatric medicine at an Ivy League university. I know it’s a little early for me to be thinking about college, but would I have a better chance of getting into the Ivy League if I go to a private high school?

No matter what you may hear through the grapevine, colleges don’t care if you’ve attended a private or public high school. Admission officers like “diversity,” so that means admitting students from all sorts of backgrounds.

It's still not true. :\

fake    4788

If you don't have above standard scores by the time you end 8th grade you should automatically be expelled from any school unless you prove you can do something. =/

Anyways I think public for diversity + save money.

gl0ry    3

If you don't have above standard scores by the time you end 8th grade you should automatically be expelled from any school unless you prove you can do something. =/

EXACTLY

St0ned Pyr0    2

What the FUCK? Why the FUCK do you have to have ABOVE standard scores to be in school? So standard scores aren't good enough? Go fuck yourself with a flag pole.