Sign in to follow this  
Pokey

Iraq

Pokey    0

For it, against it, or neutral?

Personally, I believe this war proves that Bush and his cronies are nothing but oil-loving warmongers.

Part 1

Osama Bin Laden

First off, get rid of the idea that the terrorists attacked us just because we "believe in freedom". That's just stupid. No one attacks a country for a retarded reason like that. But why did bin Laden attacked us? Hmmmm, I don't know, maybe because of U.S. bases in holy cities like Mecca and Medina???!!! There are also probably more reasons, but I'm too lazy to list them.

When 9/11 happens, while Bush was reading to elementary kids, blame was quickly targeted towards Osama bin Laden and the al-Qaeda, which is obviously true. But this wasn't bin Laden's first act of violence. In 1992, he bombed the Gold Mihor Hotel in Yemen. He also

bombed U.S. embassies in Tanzania and Kenya. Now, the most ironic thing is that WE, yes WE, gave bin Laden WEAPONS and TRAINING to fight the USSR during the Reagan years. And don't try saying "Well, Clinton didn't do anything" bullshit. He signed an executive order to arrest or assassinate him.

Part 2

9/11

Before 9/11 happens, CIA officials warned Bush of threats. What does our beloved president do? Ignores them. Completely ignores them. Two minutes after the second plane crashed, he made this face.

Posted Image

Now, does that look a little suspicous to you? After 9/11, everyone blames bin Laden. That pisses me off. Yes, bin Laden was odefinately the brains of the act, but why didn't Bush go after him after Clinton left (and told Bush to watch out for bin Laden)? Stupidity? I don't know. So, we go to Afgahnistan (geez, bin Laden is Sadi Arabian. Most of the hijackers were Saudi Arabian. Hell, most of bin Laden's main guys are Saudi Arabian. Does that sound odd to you?). We couldn't find the dude, so Bush goes like "I give up. Hey let's go invade Iraq because daddy hates Saddam!"

Part 3

So Bush then plans to invade Iraq and begins Operation Iraqi Freedom (Originally, it was operation Iraqi Liberation, but O.I.L. didn't sound good, so he switched to Operation Iraqi Freedom, or "Oil Isn't Free" as I call it). I agree that Saddam isn't a nice guy, but getting rid of him was just inane. At first, Bush says Saddam has weapons of mass destruction, which was later disproven DOH! So then Bush tries to spread the idea that Saddam had links to the al-Qaeda or any other terrorist group. Not only was this later disproven, but it was common sense that Saddam didn't have any links. He HATED Osama. They HATED each other. Osama opposed Saddam's invasion of Kuwait. Also, Saddam wouldn't want any deals with terrorist groups because he would fear they would overthrow him and take over.

As Bad Religion says, "Let them eat war."

Elessar    0

I don't like the way this war has been handled, the dishonesty of the governments involved, the way they see relationships that don't exist, or the ulterior motives that seem to have been behind the war. Which is more than just oil, incidentally. Oil is part of the reason, but it's not the sole reason. After all, South America has oil and America hates people like Chavez, but they aren't at war with them. There are others. Like establishing another more permanent presence in the Middle East. What better way to put pressure on Iran, Saudi Arabia and everyone else the US doesn't get along with than to establish massive bases to launch offensives from right next door?

I agree with the principles that the war should have been fought on. Liberating people who have suffered under a dictatorship is a noble goal, it's just a shame it was never their intention. Unfortunately, the Middle East is also the most unstable region on the planet. These people are fairly content to kill each other once they have the freedom to. The only thing radical Islamists hate almost as much as Israel and the West are other radical Islamists. So by removing an oppressor, they've created instability in the country that is probably going to last a long time.

Two minutes after the second plane crashed, he made this face.

Now, does that look a little suspicous to you? After 9/11, everyone blames bin Laden. That pisses me off. Yes, bin Laden was odefinately the brains of the act, but why didn't Bush go after him after Clinton left (and told Bush to watch out for bin Laden)? Stupidity? I don't know.

No.

It's Bush. He always looks a whole lot of stupid to me. I can't derive anything else from his expression beyond "this man looks stupid". His expression isn't proof of anything. You're actually doing something the Bush administration did for this war. You've decided there has to be a relationship between Bush and the Terrorists and went cherry picking.

The complacency of the administration is what caused them not to act against bin Laden, not some desire to suffer an attack. They likely perceived - incorrectly - that bin Laden was impotent and that pursuing him would be a waste of time and resources. If his last action was in 1992 and nothing has happened since then, it cannot be accurately ascertained whether or not he's still an active threat. And Hell, even with a concerted military effort to hunt him down, the US still hasn't found bin Laden.

Your post was far too biased to have changed my mind even if I had been in full support of the war. It's like you've regurgitated a weaker version of Fahrenheit 9/11.

i would of blown the middle east off the map from square one. i know, thats the ignorant way to settle things, but i bet we wouldnt have a horrible economy and a bunch of dead soldiers now. =/

i hate bush. and iraq.

Elessar    0

Is it a...Holy Hand Grenade?

Turning the Middle East into a giant Wall-Mart is sadly probably going to do more for stability in the region than almost anything else the West has tried.