Sign in to follow this  
MaLiK23

Terrorism

»MaLiK23    16

Answer the question ' In this day and age can terrorism EVER be justified'

if you give an answer give a reason and please try to be general about this, dont just focus on arab terrorists etc. maybe comment on the IRA ETA UVF etc etc etc

St0ned Pyr0    2

There's crazy people in this world, man. We need to all just mellow out or something.

If only it were that easy.

Pokey    0

if you give an answer give a reason and please try to be general about this, dont just focus on arab terrorists etc. maybe comment on the IRA ETA UVF etc etc etc

You know them Muslims when you have miilitary bases in holy cities.

tam    2

guy: that was unjustified, as it wasnt serious at all

now before i continue with this i will say i do not condone terrorists actions in any matter, as i believe it should be the last course of action to be taken in any case.

now, with that in mind, look outside the battle here. these people are oppressed, killed, pillaged every day of their lives. sure not in canada or in the u.s. but look in palestine where there was a tank in a city every day for a few years. or now in iraq with the constant u.s. presence that was said to be there to help the government get on its feet, not kill random people and steal the oil.

the people who are oppressed do not have any weapons to fight back with, and the ones they get have limited ammo and wouldnt dent a plane, etc when they are being bombed, or shot at from a distance. so, where does this lead them to think about doing? suicide bombing. if you got no weapons to protect urself, than u urself become the weapon. now, in any case suicide bombing to me is horribly wrong, and unjustified, but i do understand the reason as to why it is done at times. now terrorism is in the view of the beholder. people could say that in the war against england when america was fighting for its freedom that they were terrorists since they were fighting against their government at the time because they felt they needed independence from it. now were they called terrorists than? no, they were probably called freedom fighters. now the muslims are being oppressed, and they want their independence, yet they are still being oppressed and yet are called terrorists when they fight back. sure, some of the actions they took are completely unjustified and too extreme in my view, and when an innocent bystander gets hurt its always wrong, but in the old days of america fighting for their freedom, how many innocent bystanders were hurt than? heck, how many innocent bystanders were killed when they bombed the crap out of iraq looking for one man and nuclear arms (which after the bombing they found they had no nuclear arms).

too tired to write any more for now since im sick today, so forgive the grammar/spelling

`M.Popo ♥    0

Short answer, no, but I dont really beleive violence in general can ever be justified. But with the way the USA handles foereign policy, I can see where the terrorists are coming from, thats all I'm saying.

»Muffin    1

wat is wrong with having a miliatry base in a holy city shouldnt ure holy cities be protected either way. also if ure religion and military activiteis for hand in hand wouldnt it be practical to have them situation near each other.

and dont say that just because they have a military base in a "holy city" that there muslim. i'm not muslim myself but i still take offence to stereo types like that.

concerning the original question by malik it all depends on the type of terrorism and what we classify as terrorism. i'm sure we can all say that killing innocent people in the name of ure religion is unjust and uncalled for and that things like that should be considered terrorism. but would something like assasinating one individual who has insulted your religion or done unjust crimes against ure religion really be considered terrorism??

»biggy    0

ilive in scotland terrorism to us is the offy manger shutting it :( no booze insights fear into any scotsman

Pokey    0

wat is wrong with having a miliatry base in a holy city shouldnt ure holy cities be protected either way. also if ure religion and military activiteis for hand in hand wouldnt it be practical to have them situation near each other.

and dont say that just because they have a military base in a "holy city" that there muslim. i'm not muslim myself but i still take offence to stereo types like that.

concerning the original question by malik it all depends on the type of terrorism and what we classify as terrorism. i'm sure we can all say that killing innocent people in the name of ure religion is unjust and uncalled for and that things like that should be considered terrorism. but would something like assasinating one individual who has insulted your religion or done unjust crimes against ure religion really be considered terrorism??

That's one of the reasons why 9/11 happened, US bases in holy places like Mecca =/.

tam    2

that guy: you have no idea what your talking about

9/11 if u want to go with what the "terrorists" said, and i stress this because i was never really proven they did it, they just took credit for it when they saw it happen, they said because of the injustices going on in palestine and the united states not intervening, etc etc

ILLMATIC    0

imo i cant give an answer cuz liek differnt people different views people who live in countrys where terrorists rain then the terrorists might be heros to the people in that certain area u know like "freedom fighters" or some shit but in our eyes there uncivilized barbarians =/

Elessar    0

One man's hero is another man's butcher.

I think the general consensus most people have is "Terrorism isn't terrorism if it's in accordance with my ideals or beliefs". It's then titled "Freedom fighting" or whatever and glorified.

There are times when I would say it's acceptable. Say we were in 1940 and living in Nazi-occupied France or whatever. I feel I would be justified in using terrorism against a regime like that. But that, of course, is determined by my ideals. So there would be people who naturally would disagree.

tam    2

yeah more elegantly and more gramatically correct :P lol

ILLMATIC    0

i r illiterate dont blame me i was born in america and left my education in the hands of public school teachers :(

Honkey Kong    11

I think the general consensus most people have is "Terrorism isn't terrorism if it's in accordance with my ideals or beliefs". It's then titled "Freedom fighting" or whatever and glorified.

There are times when I would say it's acceptable. Say we were in 1940 and living in Nazi-occupied France or whatever. I feel I would be justified in using terrorism against a regime like that. But that, of course, is determined by my ideals. So there would be people who naturally would disagree.

I couldn't have set it any better myself.

On a side note, not all terrorist are muslim.

800 Years ago the Irish were doing terrorist acts against britain, Irish were blowing stuff up before muslims knew what a bomb was.

Sixxy    1197

I couldn't have set it any better myself.

On a side note, not all terrorist are muslim.

800 Years ago the Irish were doing terrorist acts against britain, Irish were blowing stuff up before muslims knew what a bomb was.

Irish....eww

No, it can't be justified. However, stereotypically today when you hear terrorist, you automatically think arab. The average person would believe that all arabs and all arab nations are terrorists.