Sign in to follow this  
Takeo

Food For Thought.

Takeo    1

If priests + nuns, the holy "normal" people of christianity are considered the best people in christianity interms of closeness to God and worth.

If the whole world was to be like that, chaste, like "God wishes for us to be"...

Then

(..and no im not gonna be an idiot and say why do we create babies when we have sex lol)..

then, if all the human race was like them... our race would die out due to chastity.

impractical.

that's my 2 cents.

and supports my stance that modern day christianity is MORE of a man-made religion, and has been tainted LOADS.

primarily discuss the specifics of this CHASTITY issue.

not christianity - and it's legitimacy.

Mongoose    92

Everything you said had to do with Christianity until the last line. Which said it's not about Christianity.

The Christian Beliefs:

1. Everyone is equal in God's eyes.

2. Some people have a calling to be a servant of the Lord. God doesn't want everyone to be priests and nuns. Lol.

3. Sex after marriage is perfectly fine. If anything, doing what you said would eliminate the stupid people who have sex before marriage. Smarter race, not extinct race.

Takeo    1

i never said god wants us all to be like that

you're God, is my God.

Just different name cuz of different language.

I am saying, that if WE WERE all to be the closest people to God ie clergy.

it would be impractical - and we would be extinct

as clergy must remain chaste as far as I know.

Pokey    0

If God is such a nice guy, why the hell did he destroy an ENTIRE city simply because they accepted homosexuality?

I forgot what the city was called, something.

Takeo    1

If God is such a nice guy, why the hell did he destroy an ENTIRE city simply because they accepted homosexuality?

I forgot what the city was called, something.

No one said God is 100% nice.

But the way of looking at it is:

~He has the power, he created us.. so he gots the right

oh and im not homophobic: but it is not natural (not in the sense of nature VS nurture).. but man + man = no baby, sorry ftw .

Mongoose    92

God is 100% nice.

If he had any flaws he wouldn't be God.

Lol, and I think Subhuman made a joke, Takeo. :l

Anyway, why even try to understand what he does or why he does it when we have a limited knowledge, if not NO knowledge, of his entity.

----------

Another question is, why is this even in the debate section, Takeo? You just said "If everyone was part of the clergy, thus chaste, our race would die out. That's impractical!"

Yes...it is impractical...that's why it isn't how it is right now. o_o

The only reason why that would ever happen is if God wanted everyone to be part of the clergy and chaste...which you just said, he doesn't.

Lol...you can't debate an "If" topic. You have to debate a "Because" topic.

Takeo    1

God is 100% nice.

If he had any flaws he wouldn't be God.

Lol, and I think Subhuman made a joke, Takeo. :l

Anyway, why even try to understand what he does or why he does it when we have a limited knowledge, if not NO knowledge, of his entity.

----------

Another question is, why is this even in the debate section, Takeo? You just said "If everyone was part of the clergy, thus chaste, our race would die out. That's impractical!"

Yes...it is impractical...that's why it isn't how it is right now. o_o

The only reason why that would ever happen is if God wanted everyone to be part of the clergy and chaste...which you just said, he doesn't.

Lol...you can't debate an "If" topic. You have to debate a "Because" topic.

"If he had any flaws he wouldn't be God."

So True.

However, could being 100% nice - be a flaw?

Rather than thinking of it interms of nice and bad.

I think like this...

God is The Perfect Justice - he is the most merciful within righteousness, follow me Mongoose?

lol :| indeed - i thought he may have been one of the lil kids who tries to challenge God's existence.

Btw, I have a good article for you to read Mongoose =)... i'll post it soon

"Anyway, why even try to understand what he does or why he does it when we have a limited knowledge, if not NO knowledge, of his entity. "

Not trying to understand why.. infact i'm taking the stepback where I said he has the right.

As in we don't understand, but he is our creator.. I put my faith in our master, and step back with head + hands down.

"Yes...it is impractical...that's why it isn't how it is right now. o_o"

~ I know man, but that's why I entitled it "Food for thought", didn't really want a clear-cut debate.. just mini discussion...as this is the closest board for such a thing..

"The only reason why that would ever happen is if God wanted everyone to be part of the clergy and chaste...which you just said, he doesn't."

~This opens up the DEBATE of free-will VS God's will.

In simple terms: I believe whilst nothing can happen without God allowing (willing) it... We do have freewill (it is stated in all 3 abrahamic holy books :) ). But yeah okay, I SUPPOSE from a Christian perspective you can't argue against that about it not happening because God doesn't want it to... But for the atheist, looking at practicality it's something different.

"Lol...you can't debate an "If" topic. You have to debate a "Because" topic."

NOT TRUE at all.

Debating societies often debate so-called "IF" Topics, as in what would happen IF so and so was legalized/not... with the title being "This House Believes... [whatever]".. The IFs and BECAUSEs are part of the debate from within.

But Like I said, not a clear-cut debate.. I'm not putting something against another..

i'm just saying, here's some food for thought... thoughts plz?

Get me now? =)

+rei+    34637

A joke? Ever heard of Sodom and Gomorrah?

Or read anything in the old testament.. .at all?

Takeo    1

Sodom + Gomorrah...

The 2 cities destroyed...

SODOMY kinda gaved the apparent reason for destruction of the cities away.

Lot aka Lut (in Arabic).. i know the story.

The simple fact is.. (and lol this will open roads to a homosexuality debate now)...

Sexual man on man relations do not create offspring...

It's almost as "bad" as BEASTIALITY...

However having said that, by today's current laws and notions of "equality" and "freedom".

If that's what they (homos) believe in, let it be... it would actually be injust to take their rights away...

But the funny thing comes where next, BEASTIALITY will be legalized... and BEASTIALITY RIGHTS SUPPORTERS will be saying, "Why are you looking down on their SEXUAL PREFERENCE..?"

I ain't homophobic, but I don't believe it's right :)

And I don't believe in Beastiality either.

I look at practicality.

Man on Man, obviously I do not know the pleasure involved there, but..... there ain't no offspring!

End Of.

--

Subhuman:

what you need to understand and respect is the fact that PERCEPTION is always changing and is not innate.

Homosexuality is not something young that only came around this or last century, I assure you of that much.. It has been spoken of in the bible so many thousands of years back, and in the Qu'ran too.

It wasn't accepted for so long, and now is "normal".

so-called "Progressive thinking..."

It's an abstract concept, as MOST other things are... it's not an ABSOLUTE concept.

(Atleast in our human eyes...)

The only way you find ABSOLUTE CONCEPTS, to clear the way for us.. instead of continuously changing, is not by looking @ man, but by looking to a higher power ie God?..

However, how can someone risk following something inauthentic?... ok, it is called "FAITH" but with Faith there is no unwritten law that silence and unquestioned practicality (+ logic) suffice in order to consider yourself "FAITHFUL"..

+rei+    34637

Take, the issue with Bestiality is also an issue of -consent-

Takeo    1

My bad, i forgot.

and the thing is, rei ain't joking...

it's True!

`M.Popo ♥    0

Everything you said had to do with Christianity until the last line. Which said it's not about Christianity.

The Christian Beliefs:

1. Everyone is equal in God's eyes.

2. Some people have a calling to be a servant of the Lord. God doesn't want everyone to be priests and nuns. Lol.

3. Sex after marriage is perfectly fine. If anything, doing what you said would eliminate the stupid people who have sex before marriage. Smarter race, not extinct race.

I don't know what kind of stupid people you know... but the uneducated, impoverished, ignorant people in the rural areas of the USA who stick to the "sex after mairrage" thing are some of the more unintelligent I've encountered...

Guest SyKoTiC   
Guest SyKoTiC

I agree. What part of having sexual intercourse before being married is "stupid"?

Also, about the "if he had a flaw he wouldnt be god etc etc" rant. Let's put it this way: If someone were to go around acting like your god does, he would be considered crazy, and be thrown in a mental house. Is that not a flaw?

People's outlook on life is affected by their religion. In the Bible it says one must not engage in sexual intercourse outside of marriage. That being said, some Christians choose to do it anyway, why? Because just because its PART of the faith doesn't mean people will follow it. I've been Christian my whole life, and there are things I believe and some things I dont. Personally, I'll wait for marriage for sex because it's how I was raised and its still how I think.

On all other issues I really dont care, for the most part people can do whatever they want, its none of my business. Nuns and Priests are just people who have decided to take the oath and its the way they feel they can be closer to God. If thats what they choose to do, then cool. God gave us free will to do whatever we wanted.

*Steps off his soap box*

Guest SyKoTiC   
Guest SyKoTiC

Piss me off some more please. Why can't you damn Christians learn to put "I believe" in front of shit like "God gave us all our gifts lol!!!1"?

Isnt that given? Obviously I'm sharing my opinion. Make everyone sound stupid if they started every sentence with "I believe."

»Riiamu    2

God gave us free will to do whatever we wanted.

...but their are still right and wrong choices within Christianity...

Picking and mixing the bits you "like" and the bits you don't defeats the point of religion.

Although ultimately, I believe religion is wrong. Just, wrong.

Guest SyKoTiC   
Guest SyKoTiC

Picking and mixing the bits you "like" and the bits you don't defeats the point of religion.

Good point.

And FV: Well then, if you don't put "I believe", you're lying to me. God did not give me free will, because something/someone that does not exist, cannot give me anything.

Guest SyKoTiC   
Guest SyKoTiC

They are pointless because very few religions (if any), can back up their opinions with real facts.

Touche.

Hard to explain faith, but, just because we dont have solid facts doesnt mean we're wrong. I dont want a response to this because the only response is one to start an argument, and I, for one, am done in this topic.

Takeo    1

syko: ouch lol

but yeah when im puttin this up as "food for thought"

im just saying look at the practicality of it.

and then ppl say GOD DOES NOT WANT US TO ALL BE CLOSE TO HIM.

BS

and then we have freewil

look at the reality.

simple terms if you do believe in "God".

God Creates Man, Man Is Blessed With Freewill, Man Is Banished From Eden, Sent to Earth As A Test (and has Freewill.. otherwise what kinda test would that be) --- (doesnt matter if it's abrahamic faith, Hinduism, Sikhism, whatever! most religions believe in freewill chained with REWARD + Punishment).

not to big up my own religion or put others down.

but.

in Islam practicality is looked at.

'God does not want us to neglect our families for his sake.. neglectin them (and thus causin difficulty upon them) - is that not a sin?...

If ALL Of the human race was to be "close to God as he has commanded"... in the "christian clergy way" our race would die out.. thats the practicality of it =/.

now, FinalValk said "if thats how they feel close to God / choose to feel close to God"...

Why should they CHOOSE.. HOW to be close to him.. surely the rules for clergy are either in the religion or aint.. ie what God commands is in the bible, n what he doesnt- isn't!.

that clearly raises the issue of how much of a "divine religion" is modern day Christianity (is it more man made than anything else?).

im not wanting to debate, just to give FOOD FOR THOUGHT. somethin to think about carefully.

Guest SyKoTiC   
Guest SyKoTiC

Takeo brings a good point. Many Christians I know in school, are pretty much afraid of "God". I've seen them refuse to watch a PG-13 movie because it had sexual innuendos in it.

It's a shame that man changed said religions into something used to scare people into being "good citizens".

Takeo    1

Takeo brings a good point. Many Christians I know in school, are pretty much afraid of "God". I've seen them refuse to watch a PG-13 movie because it had sexual innuendos in it.

It's a shame that man changed said religions into something used to scare people into being "good citizens".

to top it all off... (interpretations aside).. there is nowhere near enough consistency...