hetfieldism

Should the age of consent be lowered?

hetfieldism    0

The topic about the guy who's dating the 12 year old kinda made me remember that I wanted to start a debate thread about this. I have always thought that the age of 18 was too high an age of consent. I don't think it needs to be drastically lowered but I do think that 16 is a reasonable age. By 16 you are mature enough to make that decision for yourself regardless of what the law says. You know very well what you are getting yourself into. I'll be 18 in 3 days and in the state I live in I could have sex with a 17 1/2 year old on that day and it would be ILLEGAL. That means that even though the age difference is only half a year I could go to jail and be a registered sex offender for life for having sex with her. So I guess my second point is even though some states already have one, should there be a grace period for age difference and if so, how big should the grace period be?

BiPi    1032

NO.

Koldhearted    2

I agree with this, it doesn't seem right that if your not that far apart in age even though there 17 or so and your 18 that you should go to jail or be registered a sex offender if they really wanted to report you. The difference should be TWO years.

+rei+    35053

its 14 here and its perfect. We dont want to make teens outlaws, and by the time your 14 you know what the fuck is right and wrong

Guest Talib Kweli   
Guest Talib Kweli

Where do you live hetfield?

Posted Image

Guest SyKoTiC   
Guest SyKoTiC

its 14 here and its perfect. We dont want to make teens outlaws, and by the time your 14 you know what the fuck is right and wrong

OH GOD YES. LOWER THE AGE, LOWER THE AGE! IM MOVING TO CANADA!

Takeo    1

Notice all the poor countries have the lowest.

=).

-----

oh and i like the way it says ILLEGAL.

so what: is it ILLEGAL TO GET/GIVE CONSENT? ie IT IS LEGAL TO RAPE SOMEONE ?

or it is ILLEGAL TO HAVE SEX <--- self-prevention-of-repopulation that is... :)!!

...either way the ILLEGAL one, is kinda .. F---> Funny and Fucked B)

-----

some smartass is likely to reply with, it's illegal to have premarital sex.

well there is that RELIGIOUS law in Christianity, Islam and Judaism :).

So premarital sex is just as "unlawful" in Pakistan or Malaysia, as it is in Italy... Vatican City ;)... or Texas.

Consent does not require MARRIAGE...

the ages of consent are listed!

and as far as i know there is no such thing as "consent for pre-marital sex"... it is consent. period.

-----

Personally, the Law is useless when kids are commonly having sex younger or whenever.

mid-teens is about right in my opinion - 15,16.

OraCLe    24

i think FV wants it lower to 12.

rofl @ pedophiles.

How original.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and just state I'm not even thinking of touching her anytime soon.

Guest Ryu   
Guest Ryu

Then why e-date her? She's fucking 12. She doesn't know anything.

»Liquid Snake    4574

I think it's shocking that in some countries the age is as low as 12. There is no way 12 year olds should be having sex legally and they certaintly can't be responsible enough to give concent.

It should be 16 minimum in all countries and it's understandable that in some countries its 18. However I think 18 is as high as it should be.

Guest Ryu   
Guest Ryu

I think it's shocking that in some countries the age is as low as 12. There is no way 12 year olds should be having sex legally and they certaintly can't be responsible enough to give concent.

It should be 16 minimum in all countries and it's understandable that in some countries its 18. However I think 18 is as high as it should be.

they just don't give a fuck.

»biggy    0

point is apart from fv who would want to hit a 12 yo apart form other 12-14 yo and fv ive hit a 13yo but i was 14 at the time we both knew what we were doing its only a problem when people like fv come into the picture

Max    431

Should the age of consent be lowered?

yep. Americans are so prude, thinking they need to make laws for everything too. leave it up to the consent and more importantly the responsibility of the parents.

Inari    1075

point is apart from fv who would want to hit a 12 yo apart form other 12-14 yo and fv ive hit a 13yo but i was 14 at the time we both knew what we were doing its only a problem when people like fv come into the picture

tell me, what's the difference between a 12 year-old fucking a 12 year-old and a 12 year-old fucking a 20 year-old? the 12 year-old is having sex either way. sex is sex. it shouldn't matter who the partner is.

now let's not get into morality issues and "o noez i wouldn't want my daughter fukin some dude my age." it clouds our judgment. let's attempt to step away from that mindframe for now.

the thing is, a person should be able to have sex when he/she feels they are ready for sex. the level of maturity differs in many people of many ages. a person of 13 can be mature enough to have sex and a person of even 18 may not. which is why setting a legal consenting age accomplishes nothing. it is one of the most pointless laws in existence since you cannot or should not control what a person does with his/her body as long as it does not harm other people or cause property damage. (drugs and alcohol are regulated or illegal because they affect people's judgment and put themselves and others in danger.) what makes this all worse is the ridiculously enormous consequences set on "sex offenders." an older man/woman has consentual sex with a younger boy/girl and is doomed to live the rest of his/her life a psycho and has to move constantly because hyper-christian soccer moms rally up the neighborhood and petition until the mayor intervenes. i've seen this crap on the news. i feel sorry for them. they do one thing which shouldn't even be illegal and get ostracized from society because of it.

now i'm not talking about psychotic rapists who can't control themselves and put everyone around them in danger. obviously they are not fit to live fully in society unchecked. i'm talking about a normal healthy man/woman having a consenting relationship with a younger female/male. think about it. there's nothing wrong with it. don't argue with "ewww wtf u fukin weird sick shit" comments. it's essentially the same as the topic of homosexuality. you can have your opinions on the subject, but it still should be legal. you can think homos are gross or wrong, it doesn't matter. and likewise you can think sex with a "minor" is gross and wrong. that shouldn't matter either.

don't be selfish, think about all the specific details and situations that encompass the subject. someone earlier mentioned he just turned 18 and now he could go to jail if he had sex with a classmate in the same grade but 17 which is technically illegal. that's fucked up. it shouldn't matter how old you are as long as you are ready both physically and emotionally for sex. imo you shouldn't have intercourse until after puberty. that's only where i would draw the line. 12 is pretty much the age most people go through the majority of puberty, so that's a good minimum age. also at 12 you begin to fully understand the consequences of your actions and learn responsibility. if you aren't responsible or know what you're doing, you aren't ready for sex. good parenting can teach children how to make responsible decisions, not enforce strict rules and unnecessarily ban certain behavior. parenting nowdays is more of a "bible 101" instead of quality unbiased training for adulthood. if a person is ready for sex, they're ready for sex with ANYONE. there really should be no limits to who they can or cannot have sex with. putting limits on that is silly.

to conclude, i will remind everyone that what i'm talking about is consensual sex between an "adult" and a "minor." in fact, the terms "adult" and "minor" shouldn't even exist in this sense, but that's another topic.

this has nothing to do with child molestation/rape, which IS wrong and obviously is illegal and for very good reasons.

pedophilia is defined as a person attracted to pre-pubescent children. children younger than 12. nothing more. this does not mean the person is a child molester who can't control themselves. if you are an adult male and are attracted to adult women, does that mean you are a psycho bent on raping every woman you can find? no? that doesn't apply to pedophiles either. it's a sexual preference, nothing more. also, if you are a pedophile that doesn't mean you like all children. the same rules apply as with anyone else. you're only attracted to "attractive" people. if you're a male pedo, you're attracted to females and vice versa unless you're gay/bi. michael jackson is an example of a bisexual pedophile (assuming he really is a pedo but the evidence is overwhelming), because he was married to a couple women and has children.

by the way, i'm not a pedophile whatsoever just to get that straight but i'm trying to educate some (most) of you who basically don't know shit on the subject.

don't get pedophilia confused with ephebophilia. ephebophilia is the attraction to POST-pubescent adolescents. 12 and up. just defining and contrasting the two terms to educate. neither of them have anything to do with the above discussion.

the idea is that anyone should be able to have a relationship (including sex) with anyone else if both participants are physically and emotionally ready. the law says you're not ready for sex with someone older than 18 until 18, but our biology says otherwise. this law is absurd and overly penalized. this was common stuff basically since the dawn of mankind, there's no reason why it should be such a huge fucking deal suddenly in the later half of the 20th century forward. all i'm saying.