Sign in to follow this  
Pokey

Evolution vs. Creation

Pokey    0

Your thoughts?

I'm on the side of evolution. Creation says I'm related to everyone on this board 0_o.

Mongoose    92

"Creative Design"

A theory thought up by William Palay in the early 1800's. 1811 possibly?

Basically, we can't deny the fact that evolution has occurred. We have so much proof that it's come as a given (monkies, species' genetic code, etc)

So, Creative Design is the belief that Evolution was such a perfect and flawless system to lead us to the present, that there HAD to have been some outside, almighty deity somehow overseeing or controlling it.

That's what I believe. Evolution -did- occur; God was the helping hand behind it.

btw, evolution also says you are related to everyone on this board ;)

+rei+    34637

Creative Design is still a bit superficial as spelled out that way, as that endorces a single deity.

Mongoose    92

Creative Design is still a bit superficial as spelled out that way, as that endorces a single deity.

Doesn't have to be one god. Just some outside force.

psyt    0

blasphemy! you shall all be stoned post-haste!

nah, i think both ideas sound logical, i guess id be leening toward intelligent design though,

Inigma    0

I believe in Creation though signs of evolution hold to be true. Take early humans vs. what we are now for example. As far as the big bang effect, I think that's bs. Dont think life can be created via a huge explosion.

+rei+    34637

I believe in Creation though signs of evolution hold to be true. Take early humans vs. what we are now for example. As far as the big bang effect, I think that's bs. Dont think life can be created via a huge explosion.

Yet you think some mystical being snapped his fingers and there was life? that makes so much more sence?

Then where did HE come from?

Mongoose    92

xDDD

Basically the Big Bang is the only theory that hasn't been disproved. (Theories can't be proven, only disproven)

First reason is that the universe is expanding. Thus, 5 seconds ago it was smaller. So, obviously the chain leads back to the universe being the smallest point imaginable (singularity). It had to have been "set off"

Second reason is Hawkings' Radiation (appropriately named being discovered by Stephen Hawkings). Every direction a radar is turned, we can pick up SLIGHT electromagnetic waves of radiation. This means the outskirts, or boundry, to our universe has some sort of energy being dispersed. Btw, this makes up about 3% of the fuzz on your TV when its all spazzing out. Woa- Explosion on all sides...and radiation?!

Chea big bang ftw

Pokey    0

Yet you think some mystical being snapped his fingers and there was life? that makes so much more sence?

Then where did HE come from?

Win.

Takeo    1

Your thoughts?

I'm on the side of evolution. Creation says I'm related to everyone on this board 0_o.

so does evolution.

THINK about it.

We call come from the same "beginning"... the "BIG BANG".

Hell even worse, THAT says your related to animals !! :DD

Pokey    0

Your thoughts?

so does evolution.

THINK about it.

We call come from the same "beginning"... the "BIG BANG".

Hell even worse, THAT says your related to animals !! :DD

I have finally learned what it's like havng a baboon for a grandfather xD.

Takeo    1

sorry buddy.!! :)

i was dueling when i posted lol..and only scanned the page !

oh and, i had to emphasize that he would be related to ANIMALS!!! aswell lol.

Whereas through Creation he would only be related to humans, not other animals... or even plants!

a plant for an ancestor... cool

---

hmmm let's go deep :P.

the way i look at Evolution is that: it has not been fully proven yet, although accepted as a THEORY of creation...

and there is a lot of literature apparently "disproving it" upto a certain point...

Where ADAPTATION, is different to Evolution from one point.

Whilst for Creation - if you are an atheist, there is no SOLID proof either.

So I would say, to know where it all began.. and how out of Creationism or Evolution.. ~ we do not kno for sure yet.

---

oh and could Evolution not help for BEASTIALITIST'S RIGHTS??

(although there is still the issue of consent).