Anonymous Duelist

Favorite Anime

638 posts in this topic

dat OP tho

On 5/28/2016 at 7:59 PM, BigWizard3000 said:

I went through the whole thread and just now saw Tokyo ghoul wtf lol

I think I would rather have shit ladled into my eye than watch Tokyo Ghoul 2bh.

1. the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya

2. kino's journey

3. mushishi

4. boogiepop phantom

5. serial experiments lain

6. haibane renmei

7. hundred stories

8. love hina

9. school rumble

10. ouran high school host club

On February 27, 2014 at 8:53 PM, Literal Bastard said:

Vultron: Defender of the Universe.

Must be your favorite.

Also, there's a disturbing lack of Evangelion in this thread. Do people just hate quality?

Black Lagoon
Darker than Black

Psycho Pass
Jormungand
Katanagatari
Welcome to the NHK

Mirai Nikki
Steins;Gate
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bebop

On 7/13/2016 at 4:34 AM, Kog* said:

Black Lagoon
Darker than Black

Psycho Pass
Jormungand
Katanagatari
Welcome to the NHK

Mirai Nikki
Steins;Gate
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bebop

quality post

I really need to give Psycho Pass another try, watched 3 episodes and hated it but felt like more was happening that I didnt have the patience to sit and watch..

The other day I had this sudden realization that Cowboy Bebop had a profound impact on me from ccildhood, as I constantly try to emulate Spike Spiegel in everyday life.

Watching Dragon ball super atm, in my opinion it's a huge improvement on any other dragon ball series. The set of recurring characters in particular are great. Having beerus and whis play such big parts in the series is really nice, the story is never boring (although the revival of frieza was pretty damn lazy on the writer's part) and the quality of animation is impressive ignoring a handful of hiccups.

I also really enjoyed the first season of boku no hero. Great characters, gripping story, and quite funny. Can't wait for season 2.

Just finished Gintama (now up to date).

Handsdown probably the best anime I've ever watched. Totally trounces One Piece in the shounen department with spectacular pacing and a story which is basically Kenshin on steroids plus some more. 

Comedy wise goes toe to toe with any anime out there, and by toe to toe, most of the time I mean destroying it. 

Cast wise the best case I've seen. Breadth and depth! Gintoki is probably my favorite main character ever. 

Music wise... Favorite OPs I've heard, love each season's OST. 

Emotion wise... It's made me cry. Don't get me wrong, it's not a Clannad After Story although one arc comes close... But the emotional impact it can bring to the table with 1-2 episodes of plot is ABSURD. 

Quality wise.. Phenomenal. They cover arcs over 1-2 episodes. Every episode feels satisfying. The filler is second to none. 

The movie I think is overrated though. 

I could easily rewatch it and it's like 300+ episodes. 

10/10 - takes my new number 1 spot. 

Also finished Shigatsu .. Whatever it's called, the piano one. It was good, not close to the emotional impact which Clannad After Story left on me. I felt it's exection which slightly flawed... We didn't get to live through and experience past tragedies and future ones were heavily foreshadowed. Phenomenal OP + OST again... This OST is a thing of beauty but I felt the actual music the characters played was a bit lacking for emotional impact (Mozart/Chaplin I know music buffs slaughter me now). 

8/10 - being generous here tbh, I felt like the middle few episodes were a bit of a drag.. Which is forgivable (looks at steins gate, looks at Clannad) but the final few episodes just weren't enough.. Too many unresolved story lines, no real conclusion, felt the ending was rushed, some characters were devoted far too much time considering they were side characters which could have been devoted to the big 4 characters. 

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

Just finished Gintama (now up to date).

Handsdown probably the best anime I've ever watched. Totally trounces One Piece in the shounen department with spectacular pacing and a story which is basically Kenshin on steroids plus some more. 

Comedy wise goes toe to toe with any anime out there, and by toe to toe, most of the time I mean destroying it. 

Cast wise the best case I've seen. Breadth and depth! Gintoki is probably my favorite main character ever. 

Music wise... Favorite OPs I've heard, love each season's OST. 

Emotion wise... It's made me cry. Don't get me wrong, it's not a Clannad After Story although one arc comes close... But the emotional impact it can bring to the table with 1-2 episodes of plot is ABSURD. 

Quality wise.. Phenomenal. They cover arcs over 1-2 episodes. Every episode feels satisfying. The filler is second to none. 

The movie I think is overrated though. 

I could easily rewatch it and it's like 300+ episodes. 

10/10 - takes my new number 1 spot. 

Also finished Shigatsu .. Whatever it's called, the piano one. It was good, not close to the emotional impact which Clannad After Story left on me. I felt it's exection which slightly flawed... We didn't get to live through and experience past tragedies and future ones were heavily foreshadowed. Phenomenal OP + OST again... This OST is a thing of beauty but I felt the actual music the characters played was a bit lacking for emotional impact (Mozart/Chaplin I know music buffs slaughter me now). 

8/10 - being generous here tbh, I felt like the middle few episodes were a bit of a drag.. Which is forgivable (looks at steins gate, looks at Clannad) but the final few episodes just weren't enough.. Too many unresolved story lines, no real conclusion, felt the ending was rushed, some characters were devoted far too much time considering they were side characters which could have been devoted to the big 4 characters. 

The problem with the performed music in shigatsu was that it didn't really connect with the on-screen performance. Whether that's the director's fault or the performers, idk.

i finished your lie in april (shigatsu) in the past two days and it's one of my favorite anime of all time

i cried at many moments

i also watched shimoneta in one day 2 days ago and it's also one of my favorite anime of all time

my new top 10 favorite anime of all time:

1. the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya

2. shimoneta

3. your lie in april

4. kino's journey

5. mushishi

6. serial experiments lain

7. boogiepop phantom

8. haibane renmei

9. school rumble

10. ouran high school host club

my t10

Gintama

One Piece

Monster

Clannad After Story

Berserk

TTGL

Hunter x hunter

Haikyuu

School Rumble

FMA

i really liked re:zero tho, and aot, code geass, fate/zero fuck so much good anime. 

Edited by Aaron

01. serial experiments lain

02. kino's journey

03. mushishi

04. monster

05. death note

06. great teacher onizuka

07. love hina

08. school rumble

09. ouran high school host club

10. the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya