Exhale

Graphics Team Tryouts.

Mana    16
tuts help you get better, teaches you new effects and how to use something. What is wrong with that?

Tuts only show you techniques and gives you knowledge, not skill. He is an artist those are awesome. =3

They're sigs

Do you deny that making sigs takes artistic talent?

Signatures are redundant. The sooner you get this through your head, the better.

Maybe so but I still think they take talent to make... Look at my attempts compared to yours. =[

Your attempts compared to mine? Really? You're really going to go there with me? Wow.

Just because my current little 'signature' (if you can call it that, Its really just there for the lolz) isnt big and bulky and not to mention ugly like yours, doesnt mean I didnt take any time to create it. The symbol in mine, I DREW and vectored. It's 100% original--my OWN work. Nice use of an anime stock.... not really. I could go into detail about how bad your signature is right now. But, I wouldnt want to make you cry.

Byte    1019
tuts help you get better, teaches you new effects and how to use something. What is wrong with that?

Tuts only show you techniques and gives you knowledge, not skill. He is an artist those are awesome. =3

They're sigs

Do you deny that making sigs takes artistic talent?

Signatures are redundant. The sooner you get this through your head, the better.

Maybe so but I still think they take talent to make... Look at my attempts compared to yours. =[

Your attempts compared to mine? Really? You're really going to go there with me? Wow.

Just because my current little 'signature' (if you can call it that, Its really just there for the lolz) isnt big and bulky and not to mention ugly like yours, doesnt mean I didnt take any time to create it. The symbol in mine, I DREW and vectored. It's 100% original--my OWN work. Nice use of an anime stock.... not really. I could go into detail about how bad your signature is right now. But, I wouldnt want to make you cry.

Mana.... lol

I was saying mine are BAD compared to yours. I was saying that I lack talent and you have talent. I was insulting myself. Thanks for you know, rubbing it in though. =[

Loz    3642
It's 100% original--my OWN work.

I didn't know you designed fonts

Mana    16

I didn't know you were bad at paying attention. I was referring to the symbol. Thanks for playing.

Loz    3642

I didn't know you were bad at paying attention. I was referring to the symbol. Thanks for playing.

Pretty ironic considering you just completely missed the meaning behind Byte's post

I assumed by symbol you meant the entire logo. Regardless, I'm pretty sure almost everyone skim-reads forum posts more than a few lines long, especially when they're filled with as much hate as yours.

Byte    1019

Pretty ironic considering you just completely missed the meaning behind Byte's post

I assumed by symbol you meant the entire logo. Regardless, I'm pretty sure almost everyone skim-reads forum posts more than a few lines long, especially when they're filled with as much hate as yours.

@Lata Mana is being a donkey... When did she get so mean?

@Mana Part of the reason why I want to get good at GFX is because I love it when I make something for someone and they like it. When I make a sig for myself I always like it, I like the one I have, even though yes I did use stock for it and no I did not draw anything within it. Most sigs don't. For those like mana and rain who use their own stocks bravo, you do good work, but that doesn't mean you are entitled to depreciate other people's sigs. I may or may not have spent as much time or put in as much effort making my own signature but I did work on it for awhile and tried some new things that I think worked well. I like how it came out, even though the text is still horrid... but practice makes perfect. I want to get better so I will. =]

Also it does actually take awhile cuz my computer shouldn't be able to handle photoshop so its extremely slow and crashes often, then takes a half hour just to boot up again... So i get lazy with making stuff and gave up using my own renders till i get a better computer or need one for a request signature/mat. Sorry?

Mana    16

My post wasnt filled with hate. It was just being critically honest. Thanks for the misunderstanding.

@Mana Part of the reason why I want to get good at GFX is because I love it when I make something for someone and they like it. When I make a sig for myself I always like it, I like the one I have, even though yes I did use stock for it and no I did not draw anything within it. Most sigs don't. For those like mana and rain who use their own stocks bravo, you do good work, but that doesn't mean you are entitled to depreciate other people's sigs. I may or may not have spent as much time or put in as much effort making my own signature but I did work on it for awhile and tried some new things that I think worked well. I like how it came out, even though the text is still horrid... but practice makes perfect. I want to get better so I will. =]

Also it does actually take awhile cuz my computer shouldn't be able to handle photoshop so its extremely slow and crashes often, then takes a half hour just to boot up again... So i get lazy with making stuff and gave up using my own renders till i get a better computer or need one for a request signature/mat. Sorry?

I'm not mean. Just bitter. Signatures are worthless. You need to expand into other artistic venues. If you want to get good at graphics, you should probably start by stop wasting your time with signatures. You're confining yourself to a small little canvas. It's redundant. This is why I keep referring back to it. Signatures are like a sidenote. They're a clip from an amazing song. They're a tiny slice off the most amazing piece of pie you've ever fucking tasted. Why would you spend all your time settling for the smallest pieces instead of reading the whole book, listening to the whole song, eating the biggest piece of pie?

This is the point I am trying to make to you. granted I am being completely cold in doing it. But, sometimes, being cold and straight up honest is the best way to go. It's not personal. Don't take it personal. It's my way of helping you understand.

Sure, I can rip apart that signature of yours. And tell you that you keep doing the same thing over and over again. I can also tell you that you have improved a bit since I last cared enough to pay attention to your 'work' ... i dont consider signatures that important to count as 'work' but since I have nothing else to go on.. .I cannot base your artistic ability based on these things. Do remember. I do not tear at your ability. Just the signature. It's not personal.

You can think Im being mean, rude, or demeaning. You can think Im trying to belittle you or 'depreciate" your signatures. But, once you sit and realize that what Im saying to you fuels your fire to get better, then, I think you'll understand.

Joe did this to me. He keeps doing this to me. Im not that great as an artist. I have so much room to grow. We all do. That's what artists do.

So grow. And grow out of this signature phase. it's too redundant. I want you to fill up on the big piece of the best cake ever.

Loz    3642
My post wasnt filled with hate. It was just being critically honest. Thanks for the misunderstanding.

Don't tell me that I'm misunderstanding, when you completely missed the meaning behind Byte's post

Surely whether something is critically honest or hateful is subjective, no need to be nitpicking

Byte    1019

I'm not mean. Just bitter. Signatures are worthless. You need to expand into other artistic venues. If you want to get good at graphics, you should probably start by stop wasting your time with signatures. You're confining yourself to a small little canvas. It's redundant. This is why I keep referring back to it. Signatures are like a sidenote. They're a clip from an amazing song. They're a tiny slice off the most amazing piece of pie you've ever fucking tasted. Why would you spend all your time settling for the smallest pieces instead of reading the whole book, listening to the whole song, eating the biggest piece of pie?

This is the point I am trying to make to you. granted I am being completely cold in doing it. But, sometimes, being cold and straight up honest is the best way to go. It's not personal. Don't take it personal. It's my way of helping you understand.

Sure, I can rip apart that signature of yours. And tell you that you keep doing the same thing over and over again. I can also tell you that you have improved a bit since I last cared enough to pay attention to your 'work' ... i dont consider signatures that important to count as 'work' but since I have nothing else to go on.. .I cannot base your artistic ability based on these things. Do remember. I do not tear at your ability. Just the signature. It's not personal.

You can think Im being mean, rude, or demeaning. You can think Im trying to belittle you or 'depreciate" your signatures. But, once you sit and realize that what Im saying to you fuels your fire to get better, then, I think you'll understand.

Joe did this to me. He keeps doing this to me. Im not that great as an artist. I have so much room to grow. We all do. That's what artists do.

So grow. And grow out of this signature phase. it's too redundant. I want you to fill up on the big piece of the best cake ever.

Ty, =] and yeah it is a small little canvas but I think it still takes a degree of talent and artistic ability to make even that.

What you said about using a bigger canvas does make sense though, and I can see how doing that will help people to improve.

I am starting to make custom mats for untouchables... Much bigger canvas. No one there really knows how to use photoshop or how to render so they stick me at the computer to do it myself. XD I don't mind cuz the computer is 1000x faster and gives me good practice =] only thing that bites is all i get to base off what they want is a little note, and it usually doesn't say much or leave much room for creativity... For fun I might try and make a few on my computer at home.

EDIT: also sorry for calling you a donkey. XD