Sign in to follow this  
Exhale

Montreal Regional Report.

»Exhale    6605

So, I get there at around 10:30 and I don't have a deck, yet, because I'm waiting for my friend to come with my Troopers, then Jordan gets here and asks for my Troopers, I tell him I don't have any and he gets pissed. So I wait aro8und until 5 minutes before the tourney starts and build a shit Demise deck, because I had lent out Troopers, Samurais and Oceans. So I fill out the decklist when round 1 begins and I start the match.

Round 1 - Vs. Warrior Toolbox

Game 1 : Demise

Game 2 : I drop to 2100 (He made a math mistake and I didn't feel like correcting him) so I get out Demise and its GG from there.

1-0

Round 2 - Vs. Perfect Circle

Game 1 : I get the combo first turn.

Game 2 : He gets out Spell Canceller, but I just summon Insect Knight and attack it....then demise him next turn + Doom Dozer.

Interlude : So, at this time, I'm feeling comfortable, those were my 2 first matches with a Demise deck, and I hadn't lost a single game yet. We go to eat St-Hubert and come back when Round 3 starts.

2-0

Round 3 - Vs. Perfect Circle

Game 1 : So now, I'm near the top tables and right next to me are Marcus Spanier vs. #1 in Quebec, and Jordan Denk vs. #2 in Quebec. Fucking Drama. On to my match, I win game 1 with Demise, Doom Dozer, Megamorph.

Game 2 : I get the combo first turn.

3-0

So Marcus loses, and Jordan loses. And they play each other next round.

Round 4 - Vs. Perfect Circle

Game 1 : Yeah! Another Perfect Circle deck! So he gets D-Draw + Malicious, but when he passes to me, I Demise him + Doom + Metamorphisis. =]

Game 2 : So we side, and he wastes his Threatening Roars on my Insect Knight...so I destroy him.

4-0

Interlude : So at this time, I go around, trade a CP2 Morphing for Ocean, and a Ult CyPho for Night Assailant holo. I still haven't lost a game with this deck, and these were my first games with it.

Round 5 - Vs. Crystal Beasts

Game 1 : I wreck him with Demise x2 in one turn. =D

Game 2 : He negates my ARA and shit with Rainbow City shit.

Game 3 : My first Game 3 all regional. Same as Game 2, though. =[

4-1

Round 6 - Vs. Normal Monarch

Game 1 : I get Demise out and he lasts a bit, but I Doom Dozer for game.

Game 2 : Pretty much same as the above game.

5-1

Round 7 - Vs. #1 in Quebec, Karim Ahamjik

Game 1 : So yeah, I'm friends with Karim and all, and Jordan, James, he and I were planning to make our matches end so that we all make it in except Jordan because he lost too early anyway. So Jordan scoops for prizes from Cedric + James, and I decide to play my match, even though I wasn't playing serious because I made it in either way. So yeah, I win this game with a topped Doom Dozer.

Game 2 : He gets 3x D-Draw in 2 turns. Couldn't come back.

Game 3 : His side-deck gets me.

5-2

So yeah, I'm not sure if I'm going to make it in, but when I look at the pairings, I come 8th. =]

Top 8 - Vs. Karim Ahamjik

Game 1 - I wreck him.

Game 2 - His side-deck gets me.

Game 3 - I start with 3 Insects, a Decree and a Metamorphisis. Meh.

So yeah, I get 8 packs and a mat, and from here, Drama ensues. I go to sit with Jordan and Marcus, and for some reason Jordan rly wants a pack from me, he's helped me out quite a bit so I give him a pack randomly from my 8, and he pulls his 6th Raiza, and I needed that one, cause I only had 1. So he offers me a "tryout" on Team Wonderbox, and I'm like "ha, sure." And then he tells me his tryouts are him contemplating me and he'll let me know before Nats. Rofl.

So yeah.

Props

Another Top 8.

Not losing a game until Round 5.

Making it even though I lost on the bubble.

Another mat.

Chilling with Justin, Jordan, James and Marcus.

Good trades.

Good food.

Slops

Another fucking loss in Top 8, didn't matter, I had my invite, but still. ;/

Jordan pulling Raiza in my pack and not giving it back.

Being forced to run a rly bad Demise deck because I was too kind and lent all my shit out to people.

Yeah, that's about it.

»Exhale    6605

Other than losing to Cyrstal Beasts Good Job.

Yeah, he negated everything and godded me. Sucked. =[

u ok?

yea >_>

Thanks to everyone else.

»slick    4623

u ok?

he seeeeeems mad...

the regs was a joke, and they mis-ruled on raibow ruins negation effect saying you can sack a spell crystal beast for it

still it was probably harder than that jump

Oh well, I still had fun and owned it up and I pulled an ult topaz tiger, volcanic dude, rad mirr force, ult firewall and a raiza out of my packs

»Exhale    6605

u ok?

he seeeeeems mad...

the regs was a joke, and they mis-ruled on raibow ruins negation effect saying you can sack a spell crystal beast for it

still it was probably harder than that jump

Oh well, I still had fun and owned it up and I pulled an ult topaz tiger, volcanic dude, rad mirr force, ult firewall and a raiza out of my packs

Nah, it's alright with the Jordan thing. xD

And the only reason I lost to Crystal Beast was because of that. Rofl. Bullshit.

Nice pulls btw

Mariobros    35

hey bobby who won and made 2nd and with what, i couldnt make it srry lil dude

anyway i talked ot yves and he told me some stupid stuff liek rejean from champion told him that him and yvees and 2 other adults could take one car instead of taking each their own car, which would make 4 carpools

so for now me and anthony dont got a ride to nats, if u know any info, let me know....

if anything i could drive, i just dont have a car :S lol

»slick    4623

hey bobby who won and made 2nd and with what, i couldnt make it srry lil dude

anyway i talked ot yves and he told me some stupid stuff liek rejean from champion told him that him and yvees and 2 other adults could take one car instead of taking each their own car, which would make 4 carpools

so for now me and anthony dont got a ride to nats, if u know any info, let me know....

if anything i could drive, i just dont have a car :S lol

Karim won with a modified perfect circle

some noob finished second with Doctor Monarch ;)

Justin Iaollo was t4 with monarch

other t8 was

Chris (goatee) - Monarch

James - crystal beast

Bobby's Demise

Knut - Monarch or circle, didnt see

Everyone who is anyone T8'd this weekend (or scooped for troopers) =].

fixed ;)

Mariobros    35

Everyone who is anyone T8'd this weekend =].

;D

And yeah, ill let u know Mario

thx lil dude, karim is still deciding something cuz he says his moms bringing him, bohh

and yaaaaaaa nice nik for making 2nd xD:P:P

and yo i heard somehting about a pool party at ur house or something?:P ull know ill be there right xD:P:P :DD

»orangeeyes    12184

Game 2 : I drop to 2100 (He made a math mistake and I didn't feel like correcting him) so I get out Demise and its GG from there.

That's pretty admirable.

That's pretty admirable.
You beat me to it.

»orangeeyes    12184

That's pretty admirable.
You beat me to it.
Ignored.

Mariobros    35

I wanna meet Bobby :(

COME UPP TOO ME AT NATSS YOO ! :D

yoo dude lol, yea he was at the shonen here too loll:P

but yea i still got no ride :(, somebody help me out here loll

Cocaine    222

I wanna meet Bobby :(

COME UPP TOO ME AT NATSS YOO ! :D

yoo dude lol, yea he was at the shonen here too loll:P

but yea i still got no ride :(, somebody help me out here loll

Just bus here, people can chill with me for both Friday / Saturday since i live in Toronto. :)