gamemfreak

ude rankings

do ude ranking matter  

102 members have voted

1. 1. do ude ranking matter

• yes ude rankings matter
    • no ude rankings do not matter

Undefined.    84

No. I'm the best in my state yet I'm only 4th because my local hasn't updated me for 280+ points and before that the #1 person just played OTK decks at a shittier local and won all the time.

Matt.    342

Ude rankings only matter to people who cant play at regionals for watever reason... and need to get into the top 100 in the country to get a Nats invite... otherwise they are just for bragging rights/

Pr0phet    0

No, do not close the thread

Points matter for all europeans

Just because you're ranked high or low in your state doesn't mean you can't win or lose.

chuavechito    252

In Pokemon, the most ranked duelist in South Amercia get an invite for worlds (in Hawai :) ). This year its probably gonna be from Argentina :D

Guest Pink Floyd   
Guest Pink Floyd

I see them as a "ROUGH" estimation of ability.

Anyone over 3k isn't terrible

Wilson, Anthony J. 103205753 3336 Florida

tpuefol    0

I'm sure even he could beat some people with mad OTKs.

The game isn't hard but unfortunately not all of us were brought up on Goat Control mirrors.

Living Legend    3836

if you have a lot of points, you're probably good (obviously some exceptions)

just because you don't have a lot of points doesn't mean you're bad

also the point system is fucked up, x-1 at regs if u have a lot of points, u lose points for the 1 loss...

Indignation    2856

hell no. I haven't been to locals in more than a year so my ranking went down. It doesn't mean I'm not among the best here still.

Also you can be over 3k and be pretty terrible. Here there are tournaments every day of the week and little kids join them all the time so people basically get all their points from those even if you get 1-2 points per person you beat. 8 nooblets = minimum 8 points.

»Knux    2

No, points do not matter.

And this is coming from me, who, when I played regularly was ranked #1 in AZ, t10 in U.S., and t.20 in world. I haven't checked in months tbh. And I only did before randomly. It really doesn't matter.

No, points do not matter.

And this is coming from me, who, when I played regularly was ranked #1 in AZ, t10 in U.S., and t.20 in world. I haven't checked in months tbh. And I only did before randomly. It really doesn't matter.

<3

joejoe    1

points DO matter, as it's leads to about 70% of all European Championship invites, that's what I was getting at silly heads.

»slick    4623

It all depends on what you mean by "matters"

Yes points do matter because of UDE's auto invites. I personally dont think those people have earned their right to play in nats but thats what UDE decided so it "matters" because it directly affects the number of people at nats.

As for it mattering to the average player, not really. I know me, Jordan and Marcus kinda care just because all our points are tight and we just use it for bragging rights and trash talking among ourselves but we dont actually care in the grand scheme of things.