Sign in to follow this  
Farley

Top 10 Movies

.pr0turrek    2
also LotR sucks

no

this

Also, I only listed part 1, which is top 10 worthy. Part 2 was nice too but getting less, and part 3 was nothing like part 1 or 2 imo.

»Farley    1035

I didn't think it was possible to like What Happens in Vegas.

I liked LotR as well :O

»Catalyst    198
also LotR sucks

no

this

Also, I only listed part 1, which is top 10 worthy. Part 2 was nice too but getting less, and part 3 was nothing like part 1 or 2 imo.

what

3>2>1

»Catalyst    198

What Happens In Las Vegas

Is that the 2008 one with Diaz and Kutcher. You could not honestly defend that horrible horrible horrible movie if that is the one.

Not defending it in any way, but I did enjoy some of the scenes in the movie.

That was one of my filler movies, along with a couple others, cus I don't think I have 10 favorites. I'm also leaning to think that this thread isn't about one's favorite movies anymore, looking more like what people think the t10 movies of all time are.

and thats exactly why he said you've only seen 10 movies, because you had to use fillers in a thread like this, and a really really bad one at that.

Indignation    2858

It's too hard for me to make a top ten but I know:

The Matrix (1st)

LOTR (1-3 as one movie)

Anchorman (I know lol)

would be in there

»Derezzed    1026

I enjoyed it because I know what married couples go through.

Is that the 2008 one with Diaz and Kutcher. You could not honestly defend that horrible horrible horrible movie if that is the one.

That was one of my filler movies, along with a couple others, cus I don't think I have 10 favorites. I'm also leaning to think that this thread isn't about one's favorite movies anymore, looking more like what people think the t10 movies of all time are.

and thats exactly why he said you've only seen 10 movies, because you had to use fillers in a thread like this, and a really really bad one at that.

I'm sorry I watch movies for enjoyment instead of criticism? I don't pay 5-10 dollars to go to the movies to pick them apart. Because I watch movies that others don't like doesn't give someone enough reason to say that I barely watch movies.

.pr0turrek    2

I enjoyed it because I know what married couples go through.

I'm sorry I watch movies for enjoyment instead of criticism? I don't pay 5-10 dollars to go to the movies to pick them apart. Because I watch movies that others don't like doesn't give someone enough reason to say that I barely watch movies.

I personally think it's retarded to insult taste, anyways, I highly recommend you to watch the movies I put in my top 10. <3

I'll add the 'genre' behind the title.

1: Hannibal-series -> Thriller, really really good movies. Google/Wiki the order because it may be confusing.

1: Se7en -> Thriller with Brad Pitt, his best movie imo. This movie is a must-see. <3

1: Pay it Forward -> Damn .. ehm .. Drama? It's the kind of movie you 'aww' alot in and in the end TEARS. XD

2: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring -> Lmao don't watch this if you aren't a fan of 'fantasy' genre movies.

2: Shawshank Redemption -> Alot of people agree that this movie is 'flawless', it's about a guy going to jail. Waaatch! =P

2: American History X -> I have no idea what the genre is of this movie .. Amazing movie though.

2: Good Will Hunting -> Same as above, AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

3: Boy A -> Same genre as Pay it Forward, arguably a 'better' movie, but I liked Pay it Forward more because it made me tear. XD

4: Scarface -> Gangster.

5: Blood in, Blood out -> Gangster.

»Ocelot    2319
1: Hannibal-series -> Thriller, really really good movies. Google/Wiki the order because it may be confusing.

1: Se7en -> Thriller with Brad Pitt, his best movie imo. This movie is a must-see. <3

1: Pay it Forward -> Damn .. ehm .. Drama? It's the kind of movie you 'aww' alot in and in the end TEARS. XD

2: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring -> Lmao don't watch this if you aren't a fan of 'fantasy' genre movies.

2: Shawshank Redemption -> Alot of people agree that this movie is 'flawless', it's about a guy going to jail. Waaatch! =P

2: American History X -> I have no idea what the genre is of this movie .. Amazing movie though.

3: Boy A -> Same genre as Pay it Forward, arguably a 'better' movie, but I liked Pay it Forward more because it made me tear. XD

fine i'll criticize your taste now

hannibal: ok fine

se7en: good

pay it forward: haven't seen

lotr: pretentious, boring oscar-bait garbage. i'll watch real fantasy movies thx

shawshank: best movie on ur list

ahx: overrated but still pretty good

gwh: not amazing but it was quite good

boy a: what the hell is that

also prez wouldn't like ahx, he's black

.pr0turrek    2

lotr: pretentious, boring oscar-bait garbage. i'll watch real fantasy movies thx

Ok so .. where is the critic xD? As you can see from my 'editted list', the only movie I didn't flatout recommend was LoTR.

Also seriously, watch Boy A and Pay it Forward. <3 Both are same genre, completely different though, and both are REALLY well done. ( As a movie )

.pr0turrek    2
pay it forward isn't that good

Suprise suprise, Catalyst doesn't agree with a statement made by me.

That's a first. =-|

»Catalyst    198

most of the movies in your list are actually pretty good, but pay it forward is definitely a standout (it's bad)

haven't seen boy a

.pr0turrek    2
most of the movies in your list are actually pretty good, but pay it forward is definitely a standout (it's bad)

haven't seen boy a

Well maybe you just don't like Aww-movies with teary endings. x_x?

BiPi    1032

boy a and pay it forward ARE NOT similar whatsoever. boy a really discovers social handicaps and irregularities. it's not in any way a feel-good, tear-up movie.

.pr0turrek    2
boy a and pay it forward ARE NOT similar whatsoever. boy a really discovers social handicaps and irregularities. it's not in any way a feel-good, tear-up movie.

yeah i'm bad at giving movies a genre. x_x I thought they were atleast the same genre?

»Derezzed    1026

As long as its not completely boring, I won't mind watching it. I somewhat enjoy knowing about History. Ill do what I can to watch the rest, but I don't see any of these being one of my favorites.

BiPi    1032

yeah i'm bad at giving movies a genre. x_x I thought they were atleast the same genre?

they're both dramas, no doubt. doesn't say much when, well, a very large portion of movies are dramas.

and i don't understand where this whole 'hate on other people's list' is going. it ain't even that serious.

»Ocelot    2319

1. akira

2. the godfather

3. the end of evangelion

4. the graduate

5. american psycho

6. raging bull

7. taxi driver

8. the good, the bad and the ugly

9. 2001: a space odyssey

10. citizen kane

reposting because this is probably the most unique list in the topic