• Announcements

• rei

Battle of the Anime Characters   02/10/17

THE BATTLE OF THE ANIME CHARACTERS HAS BEGUN   Find it here http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/forum/615-battle-of-the-anime-x/
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blake`

Rules for Rulings

4 posts in this topic

Before posting, always:

• 1. Read the cards relevant to the question. Too often folks waste our time with matters already resolved by the cards themselves.
  • 2. Read the Rulebook and the FAQ's. Konami's own published texts are of utmost importance; Konami is the only entity that knows with all certainty how anything actually works.
  • 3. Read the other Pinned threads. All of them. There are explanations in those threads that may solve your problems.
Post a question only if the cards, rulebook, and FAQs do not solve the issue.

If you are answering a question:

• Answer it correctly. Incorrect answers will not be taken lightly.
  • Explain your answer as much as possible; our goal is not just to answer all questions, but to teach players so much that they never need ask another question again.
  • If you disagree with a ruling, explain in marked detail how and why you disagree, and provide an example for your perspective.
If there has been no consensus on an answer, nor an explanation that resolves all issues, e-mail Konami directly at their Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG rule department..

Mods: if a thread has a post with no worth to the thread, don't hesitate to flag it as unapproved. This will remove it from the thread for most users, leaving it only for us staffers so that if we (rarely) decide it's worthwhile later we can restore it.

Updated the OP slightly. A few other notes...

- Trolling in the rulings forum is not funny. People should come here expecting to receive sincere answers, not troll posts.

- The purpose of this forum is to receive help and for both the questioner and the answerer to learn.

- The usual "back up shit that you say" rule applies to this forum as well. The first few offenses won't be punished, but if I see the same members continually giving out bad/incomplete answers, don't be surprised if you get a warning.

In other words:

There needs to be more of this...

Question: Can I activate Tragoedia's effect with Banisher of Radiance on the field?

Answer: Sending a monster from your hand to the graveyard to take control of an opponent's monster is a cost. Banisher of Radiance prevents you from paying the cost necessary to activate Tragoedia's effect; therefore, Tragoedia's effect cannot be activated.

And less of this...

Question: Can I activate Tragoedia's effect with Banisher of Radiance on the field?

Answer: lol no

Mods can erase this message if they see it as unfit for the forum's goals, however...

When answering a question on the rules forum, preferably, don't just give a man a fish, teach him to fish (The phrase ages me I realize) In other words, if you know the answer explain the game mechanics behind it so that when similar circumstances or card effects come about the player will associate it and not need to ask a similar question.

When reading a reply, don't go all ape because the answer provided you more than "Yes / No" People who explain their answer are trying to teach you more than just what you asked, they've put forth the effort in order to help you be a better player, not just give you an answer to the immediate question.

Updated with a few stylistic changes and edits - that, and I'm tired of having folks check Wikia or Netrep and take it as a perfectly solid answer forever. Wikia and Netrep are fallible places. The only non-fallible thing one can do is e-mail Konami; and that's what we do here, pool together words straight from Konami's mouth.

Netrep gets taken with half a grain of salt. Wikia requires thirteen grains of salt.

I want e-mailing Konami to become a more... standard procedure around here.