Sign in to follow this  
rei

What should my first car be

┬╗slick    4668

From what you've said, seems like a Civic would be the best fit

Cheap gas, cheap insurance

You're buying it used so I'd probably go with auto. Thing with manual is that if theyre selling it <10 yrs, theres a decent chance that theyre selling it cuz they already messed up the clutch. If buying new I'd say manual but not for 5-10 yrs used

Trust me on this, do some major insurance shopping. I called/visited maybe 20 web sites/places before getting my Ontario insurance

The price difference is huge. My insurance on my 2001 Sebring is less than 1k this year, I was expecting 2k

For an old civic, at your age, you might be able to get it for under 2k

Then again, the insurance company considers a civic as a sports car. Believe me, they did the same thing when my older brother had his lincoln. It was considered a luxury car, so the insurance was in the 200$ range, in spite of it's age. If it was newer, I wouldn't have doubted it would have been closer to 300.

yah they do for new Civics, but if its >5 yrs old, insurance is minimally more than an average car.

Also I dont think they consider the 4 door as a sports car

+rei+    34352
From what you've said, seems like a Civic would be the best fit

Cheap gas, cheap insurance

You're buying it used so I'd probably go with auto. Thing with manual is that if theyre selling it <10 yrs, theres a decent chance that theyre selling it cuz they already messed up the clutch. If buying new I'd say manual but not for 5-10 yrs used

Trust me on this, do some major insurance shopping. I called/visited maybe 20 web sites/places before getting my Ontario insurance

The price difference is huge. My insurance on my 2001 Sebring is less than 1k this year, I was expecting 2k

For an old civic, at your age, you might be able to get it for under 2k

Then again, the insurance company considers a civic as a sports car. Believe me, they did the same thing when my older brother had his lincoln. It was considered a luxury car, so the insurance was in the 200$ range, in spite of it's age. If it was newer, I wouldn't have doubted it would have been closer to 300.

yah they do for new Civics, but if its >5 yrs old, insurance is minimally more than an average car.

Also I dont think they consider the 4 door as a sports car

I do believe i just posted I was quoted at $300+ on a civic.

I'll run up a price for a crown vic cos they're built like tanks, but fuck they're gonna be brutal on gas

Honkey Kong    11
I do believe i just posted I was quoted at $300+ on a civic.

I'll run up a price for a crown vic cos they're built like tanks, but fuck they're gonna be brutal on gas

It'll be roughly 140$ in ontario. maybe more depending on where you go.(for some reason, Alberta insurance is much cheaper)

Also, they're not quite as bad as you think on gas. I can get roughly 400 km on a tank of gas from mine.

+rei+    34352

yea, but a tank is fairly large amirite?