victor

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

+rei+    34769

wow 2015 was p bad  - def had its moments (lookin at you saekano and saitama) but damn 

• Upvote 1

HououinKyouma    818

yeesh that last ep of fruits basket. I feel like right when I'm starting to feel a little bored they hit you with that.

HououinKyouma    818
4 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

I take that it's good?

It has its moments. There's some parts that really drag with shoujo manga stuff that honestly can be pretty tedious and feel kinda pointless/trope-y, but they mix in some pretty damn great moments. I'm happy I kept up with it.

»JC.    5091

not current season at all but i just finished .hack//sign and i am mega confused. 10 million percent sure i am missing something. please help.

Alright, so in what I thought was the last episode, I'm pretty sure Sora gets trapped in the game. There is a close-up of his calendar, but I wasn't able to read what it was, so I think I am missing some context about him.

Additionally, net slum gets deleted, and it appears Tsukasa goes back into the real world. However, the scene shatters and it appears to have been a bait-and-switch, meaning that the AI is still trapping him as well. That being said, the wiki mentions Tsukasa really does log out, which goes completely against the imagery depicted. How does Tsukasa manage to log out? If Helba deleting Net Slum allowed it, why did it take 3000 years to be able to do this? If it was because Aura woke up, why isn't that really explained?

Also, they never show Mimiru figuring out what job Bear has. And Bear's son never comes up again after asking him for money. And the relationship between Bear and BT is never fully explored.

The last words of the show involve the AI saying they need each other to nobody in particular (Tsukasa again? The now trapped Sora? ...Macha? Aura?)

Overall, I felt like it missed out on a lot.

But then, I learn there are secretly two more episodes.

The first one has absolutely nothing to do with the events of the series, and it is just a Mimiru backstory episode. What were they thinking?

Then, the second one (Unison) introduces a bunch of weird Clone characters, does nothing to address Sora being trapped, just has Tsukasa totally fine in the real world, and feels like a large leap in time. It feels like an entire season of resolution was ripped out and just thrown into a Dance Party Ending.

The music was fantastic, and I thought it was doing pretty well early on, but it just fell off hard the last 4 or so episodes when it pretended to resolve things.

Apart from that, things I have seen recently:

- Mob Psycho Season 2 Episode 1 is one of my favourite episodes of all time.

- OPM Season 2 was average

- Kaguya started out well but the last two or three episodes were snoozeville despite their attempts to make things more serious. I assume they did what they did because there might be another season at some point, but the way everything was set up the ending 100% should have been a "draw" via simultaneous confession and I refuse to accept dissenting opinions on this matter.

- ping pong the animation remains the greatest anime of all time

- maquia: when the promised land blooms was pretty solid i think

- i disagree with the hate on vinland saga. pretty fun even if it has a foregone conclusion.

+rei+    34769

Sora is absolutely still isekai'd - he shows up in the first generation of games as a relevant... well, ;)

Tsukasa logs out, they show her hugging Subaru dont they? 

»JC.    5091
18 minutes ago, rei said:

Sora is absolutely still isekai'd - he shows up in the first generation of games as a relevant... well, ;)

Tsukasa logs out, they show her hugging Subaru dont they? 

the first what now? is there something that happens between Return and Unison?

and no, it shows them

reach out to each other before the background breaks away and they dont actually touch

9zUuHlm.png

the slow motion and previous knowledge that the AI can alter memories definitely makes this seem like a corrupted dream sequence

it immediately cuts to the AI saying "I've been waiting for you".

I can accept that somehow that was supposed to be a Real scene, but I think they handled the ending/transition in the worst possible way.

If Sora is still trapped, why is nobody concerned at all about it? Wasn't the AI being able to trap people and learning how to log out kinda the central mystery of the series? Also, why can Tsukasa log out but not Sora? He was also deleted in Net Slum. Is nobody concerned about him/is he happy to be in the game because he is a kid?

edit: if it is spoilers, just tell me what episode / series i am missing

+rei+    34769

He's trapped differently. The others don't know him IRL / he's a little kid (10) so they don't question it

He shows up in the video games .hack//Infection, .hack//Mutation, .hack//Outbreak, and .hack//Quarantine as 

Skieth, the boss who data drained him. He cannot be freed/woken up until Skieth gets dropped in the game

He's also literally the player character of .hack//GU - Haseo is a new character created by the same player who created Sora. 

»JC.    5091

They didn't know Tsukasa at the start either. What does differently mean? Does he just not mention it?

I am probably missing a lot of context from the video games. If he has a new character in .hack//GU, does that mean he manages to log out eventually?

Are there other episodes (or spin-off series?) I should watch? I only have seen or know about the 26 episodes of //SIGN and the 2 OVAs I mentioned (Intermezzo and Unison).

+rei+    34769

he's not "around" the world like Tsukasa was, all your missing from the games is how fucked you are if you get data drained, it's basically coma irl and near-death/death in The World, trapped in what drained you. 

Legend of the Twilight Bracelet I really liked when I was a kid but am not sure how well it's held up - it takes place years after the games/sign

»JC.    5091

...wasnt tsukasa also in a coma though? i was pretty sure he got data drained too at the start. it had the similar 1s/0s animation

Unison had a bracelet with some character that was never introduced. Does Unison happen after Legend of the Twilight Bracelet? If so, that could be the missing stuff.

+rei+    34769

unison happens after the gen 1 of games, but not legend of twilight - legend of twilights actual premise is that a siblimg pair get to use similar skins to the heroes of the game

She was in a coma irl; but still functional in game due to ties to aura iirc (its been a while)  - Sora is not walking around The World, he's tied to Skieth and Skieth needs to be addressed before he can do anything 

»JC.    5091

Sora is walking around the world in Unison, and they never discussed Skeith, which is where my confusion came from. Unison also had clone!bear, clone!mimiru, and clone!tsukasa, so if those are from Legends of Twilight, I probably needed to see that first.

+rei+    34769

Unison is after the game where Sora is freed. 

None of them are - the only LOTB characters that were in prior media are Silver Knight and Balmung of the Azure Sky (though like I said, the main characters have similar/chibified models of the games characters Kite and Blackrose) 

The guys who look like Bear and Tsukasa are, I believe, Orca and Elk from the games; I haven't seen Unison.