victor

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

»Tygo    14141

I'm trying black clover but goddamn that MC's voice/constant screaming is enough to not watch.

• Upvote 2

On 10/4/2019 at 0:44 PM, rei said:

i got all the hentai academia i'll ever need my friend

of those, psycho pass interests me but i've not even started it so it's not something I need to seasonally keep up with. 

any new series you checking out? Seasonal anime's main appeal to me is not having to binge and also people are talking about it lol 

There are a lot of good series this season both old and new. Anything I listed to you I am picking up. Gonna pick up the new madhouse and whitefox series. I'll go into more detail later, but the series looks very promising. 

See I would rather binge watch than weekly watch, but some of the series are too good to wait for 

On 10/4/2019 at 4:26 PM, Tygo said:

I'm trying black clover but goddamn that MC's voice/constant screaming is enough to not watch.

Pros of Black Clover: World building, fight scenes have really high highs. Everything operates within a defined universe so nothing feels out of nowhere. 

Cons: the screaming doesn't get better, but you ignore it, lows are low, lots of filler. 

HououinKyouma    829

so far I'm picking up:

Africa no Salaryman

Babylon

Giving them 3 eps:

Ahiru no sora

Houkago Saikoro Club

Kono Yuusha ga Ore

Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo

Watched and disliked:

Azur Lane, Choyuyo, Chuubyou Gekihatsu Boy, FGO, Hataage Kemono Michi, Honzuki no Gekijou, Mairimashita Irumakun

HououinKyouma    829

It's so silly to try and predict how a series will shape up, but that first episode of Hoshiai no Sora. Wow. Definitely the most interesting show I've seen this season so far.

+rei+    34993

i'll check it 

+Malcolm    4780

if i had one word to describe it

ethereal

it follows a girl, and her club, as they play a memory/reflex game called karuta. once you watch a few episodes you would be able to see why i fell in love with it.

On 10/20/2019 at 10:36 PM, Malcolm said:

if i had one word to describe it

ethereal

it follows a girl, and her club, as they play a memory/reflex game called karuta. once you watch a few episodes you would be able to see why i fell in love with it.

So its like yugioh but with a female lead? lol

+Malcolm    4780
On 10/22/2019 at 7:13 AM, Francis J Underwood said:

So its like yugioh but with a female lead? lol

i dont want you to watch it anymore. dont deserve it to grace your screen

• Haha 2

Haruki    12658

black clover, my hero academia, and sword art online are so good this season

»JC.    5323

I just finished Toradora.

This show has mad me unreasonably mad. I hate everything about it and will be upset every time I see someone mention it.

7/10

• Upvote 1

Does it feel this season was massively disappointing despite all the sequels and second cours. I have never had so many things to watch yet felt completely unsatisfied by any of them. 

Only thing I remotely enjoyed beyond a superficial level was Babylon. 

»JC.    5323
1 hour ago, SageRhapsody said:

Why is it your picture 

I change it every time I find a new happy or surprised face. Will change once I start the next show. Or I'll change it to bocchi

@ Underwood from currently ongoing i really like vinland saga and chihayafuru s3 but dropped a lot of others

»JC.    5323

I just binged all of Senryuu Shoujo.

This show would be perfect if it had just a bit less fanservice and the main characters actually had a confession at the end.

All of the characters are super cuties. The main cast, their little siblings, the parents. Complete dumb smile basically the entire time I watched this show.

Please tell me more shows like this.

8/10

»JC.    5323

i have been without access to my gaming computer so i have actually watched a lot of anime over my break. not much of it is current, though, so maybe this is against the point of the thread? eh, whatever

#1 Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.

This show starts meh and gets worse as it goes on. The characters aren't that interesting and I've already managed to forget basically everything that happens within 3 days of finishing it. 

4/10

#2 Chihayafuru

Sports anime about competitive poem card game. Side characters are all very entertaining, but the main characters suffer from a stupid love triangle that doesn't go anywhere or make things more interesting. Friendship evolving into complicated romance happens a lot, but I would really like to see more shows display people being close friends without needing to force the trope.

7/10, but I am hopeful for the third season to raise this to 8/10

#3 Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne!

OP isekai trash that sexualizes a 10 year old

3/10, still somehow not worse than KonoSuba

#4 - Kimi no na wa

Generally likeable movie all around but it kinda sucks because the first 3 episodes of Seishun Buta Yarou is basically a better version of a similar concept. (Speaking of, Seishun Buta Yarou suffers the same issue as JoJo seaosn 1 where the first 3 episodes are a masterpiece and then you have 10 more episodes of 'who cares' content).

7/10

#5 - Kimetsu no Yaiba

Good animation. Average characters. Average story. Average.

7/10

Haruki    12658

recent season of sword art online just finished. good shit.

+rei+    34993

imagine thinking konosuba is bad