victor

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

Haruki    12665

i love konosuba

»JC.    5325

konosuba is basically the worst show i have ever seen

i might rate Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku lower, but only because the songs were very cool and the anime was very not cool, so it made it more of a relative letdown

edit: what a bunch of weebs smh

+rei+    35016
25 minutes ago, The Lyncher said:

Imagine thinking Aqua id best girl on Konosuba

its only to avoid awkward questions after saying megumin is.

really though my best girl in the series involves LN-spoilers

Chris pads her chest!

12 minutes ago, rei said:

its only to avoid awkward questions after saying megumin is.

really though my best girl in the series involves LN-spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler isnt a ln spoiler so idk if it was a point separate and apart

best girl is darkness

+rei+    35016

it totally is an LN spoiler though a very obvious one

Chris and Eris being the same person and all

On 12/28/2019 at 2:34 PM, JC. said:

I change it every time I find a new happy or surprised face. Will change once I start the next show. Or I'll change it to bocchi

@ Underwood from currently ongoing i really like vinland saga and chihayafuru s3 but dropped a lot of others

Vinland is very well done. However, I don't consider Vinland from this season as it is a continuation from summer. If I included those, Dr. Stone would lap the field. 

Specifically from the anime that began airing in fall of 2019, I watched Babylon, Cautious Hero, After School Dice Club, No Gun Life, Food Wars, MHA, Kono Oto, Fate Grand Order and the only two I was remotely invested in were Kono Oto and Babylon

»Tygo    14142

So i just discovered haikyuuuuuuuuuuuuuu or however many U's it needs but goddamn.

On 12/31/2019 at 11:31 AM, Tygo said:

So i just discovered haikyuuuuuuuuuuuuuu or however many U's it needs but goddamn.

Haven't seen this yet. Is it different than any other sports anime?

Also just saw BeaSTARS and goddamn was this good. Can't wait for season 2. 

»Tygo    14142

I hold Ippo at the standard and this has better art, directing, and so much faster passed action. Episodes might drag at points but it's so good. 

7 hours ago, Tygo said:

I hold Ippo at the standard and this has better art, directing, and so much faster passed action. Episodes might drag at points but it's so good. 

Into the second season, idk it doesnt really do it  for me

7 hours ago, Tygo said:

Into the second season, idk it doesnt really do it  for me

Finished catching up to Haikyuu in time for Season 4. I will say that it is better than most sports anime in how it organically develops its characters. Nothing feels forced and even when you know what's gonna happen, the ride is still enjoyable. 

So What's Eveeryone Watching for Winter 2020? I picked up

Carry-over's 

My Hero Academia Season 4: This show has plateaued so badly. 

Fate Grand Order - Only watching this to complete it.

RWBY - Not technically an anime, but I feel like this is one of the better shows out there in general even if the pacing has slowed to a crawl. 

New Stuff

Haikyuu - Gonna be interesting to see how watching it weekly feels compared to marathoning it

Darwin's Game - There is so much hype on this show its unreal. The first episode felt rushed

Puella Magi - First episode was good 

HououinKyouma    832

Super excited for the new Yuasa, Hands off the Motion Picture Club. Last decade he made 2 of the best series, so let's see if he can keep making hits.

Interested in the new Ei Aoki (F/Z, Wandering Son) series ID:Invaded as well as the new Takahiro Oomori (Baccano, Drrr, Princess Jellyfish, Natsume Yujinchou) series Pet.

Otherwise I'll probably pick up the new Railgun and Madoka.

Got busy and fell behind on last season, although all I think I'm going to finish are Babylon and Stars Align. Maybe the Mugen the Immortal.

+rei+    35016

yeah def checking out hands off the motion picture club; expectations are high

also gonna watch some fanservicy trash, maybe that monster girl review show. 

ID: Invaded is in my funi queue not sure i'll watch it though

46 minutes ago, HououinKyouma said:

Super excited for the new Yuasa, Hands off the Motion Picture Club. Last decade he made 2 of the best series, so let's see if he can keep making hits.

Interested in the new Ei Aoki (F/Z, Wandering Son) series ID:Invaded as well as the new Takahiro Oomori (Baccano, Drrr, Princess Jellyfish, Natsume Yujinchou) series Pet.

Otherwise I'll probably pick up the new Railgun and Madoka.

Got busy and fell behind on last season, although all I think I'm going to finish are Babylon and Stars Align. Maybe the Mugen the Immortal.

Babylon is still airing. 

Yuasa has done well don't get me wrong, but he got away with murder in what he was allowed to do in Crybaby and I think that shock factor really got him more credit that he deserved. 

picked up ID Invading as well. First two episodes, don't feel super promising tho.  

Gonna check out Somali as well as it's not often something gets comped to Mushishi

39 minutes ago, rei said:

yeah def checking out hands off the motion picture club; expectations are high

also gonna watch some fanservicy trash, maybe that monster girl review show. 

ID: Invaded is in my funi queue not sure i'll watch it though

I'm pulling for something this season to just blow me away so I'm gonna give motion picture club a shot. BEASTARS Banana Fish and Re;Creators the past few seasons have really kind of blown me away with unique concepts they were willing to explore and how they were able to pull them off so maybe Yuasa can do it with this. 

+rei+    35016

by 'got away with murder' you mean 'provided a fairly loyal adaptation of the source material'? 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, rei said:

by 'got away with murder' you mean 'provided a fairly loyal adaptation of the source material'? 

How many studios do you know that would sign off on an orgy in the opening episode?

Edited by The Lyncher

+rei+    35016

like i said, fairly loyal adaptation of the source material 

3 hours ago, rei said:

I mean i know we constantly blast directors for fucking up something good by reinventing the wheel, but im just saying idk how much credit to give the guy for that

3 hours ago, rei said:

I mean i know we constantly blast directors for fucking up something good by reinventing the wheel, but im just saying idk how much credit to give the guy for that

+rei+    35016

every adaptation of devilman is that gory, violent, and sexual is my point

the style, tone, and pacing crybaby did is next level, but that attribute was just being devilman