victor

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

HououinKyouma    829

Yea I think Yuasa did his best with dmc, but I think a big problem is that everyone and their mother has already ripped from Go Nagai. I mean anno ripped the beach scene from eoe from the ending of dm, so a problem that I had was how not fresh or unique it felt, but that's just what happens when you adapt something that is that old and influential. Really I can't peg any direct problems I had with the series on Yuasa.

13 hours ago, rei said:

every adaptation of devilman is that gory, violent, and sexual is my point

the style, tone, and pacing crybaby did is next level, but that attribute was just being devilman 

Not on this level iirc. I think the forum in which it was released had a lot to do with the license he was given to emphasize those parts and I think the shock value from those parts are what made it popular as compared to the product as a whole. 

Idk I just feel like he is getting too much credit for having an opportunity as opposed to actually doing something with it. 

13 hours ago, HououinKyouma said:

Yea I think Yuasa did his best with dmc, but I think a big problem is that everyone and their mother has already ripped from Go Nagai. I mean anno ripped the beach scene from eoe from the ending of dm, so a problem that I had was how not fresh or unique it felt, but that's just what happens when you adapt something that is that old and influential. Really I can't peg any direct problems I had with the series on Yuasa.

Im not even saying the series had problems. Im just saying Yuasa was basically given a carte blanche to do what he wanted with the series in faithfully and graphically adapting the source material. 

Again, while we have seen directors fuck that up by ruining a good thing, idk how much credit to give him for that but its def not as much as ppl are giving him rn.

On 1/5/2020 at 9:26 PM, The Lyncher said:

Finished catching up to Haikyuu in time for Season 4. I will say that it is better than most sports anime in how it organically develops its characters. Nothing feels forced and even when you know what's gonna happen, the ride is still enjoyable. 

So What's Eveeryone Watching for Winter 2020? I picked up

Carry-over's 

My Hero Academia Season 4: This show has plateaued so badly. 

Fate Grand Order - Only watching this to complete it.

RWBY - Not technically an anime, but I feel like this is one of the better shows out there in general even if the pacing has slowed to a crawl. 

New Stuff

Haikyuu - Gonna be interesting to see how watching it weekly feels compared to marathoning it

Darwin's Game - There is so much hype on this show its unreal. The first episode felt rushed

Puella Magi - First episode was good 

Darwin’s game 1st episode thoughts- Despite 47 mins, everything felt rushed in terms of pace and i guess thats intentional based on the nature of the series, but not really enjoyable. Very reminiscent of Mirai Nikki so far.

Puella Magi - Show retained the dark overtones and ability to create intrigue and suspense by setting up multiple mysteries from episode 1. 

id: invaders: seems like this is trying very hard to be Paycho pass with half the animation budget and writing quality. Not very impressed two episodes in

On 1/5/2020 at 9:26 PM, The Lyncher said:

Finished catching up to Haikyuu in time for Season 4. I will say that it is better than most sports anime in how it organically develops its characters. Nothing feels forced and even when you know what's gonna happen, the ride is still enjoyable. 

So What's Eveeryone Watching for Winter 2020? I picked up

Carry-over's 

My Hero Academia Season 4: This show has plateaued so badly. 

Fate Grand Order - Only watching this to complete it.

RWBY - Not technically an anime, but I feel like this is one of the better shows out there in general even if the pacing has slowed to a crawl. 

New Stuff

Haikyuu - Gonna be interesting to see how watching it weekly feels compared to marathoning it

Darwin's Game - There is so much hype on this show its unreal. The first episode felt rushed

Puella Magi - First episode was good 

Darwin’s game 1st episode thoughts- Despite 47 mins, everything felt rushed in terms of pace and i guess thats intentional based on the nature of the series, but not really enjoyable. Very reminiscent of Mirai Nikki so far.

Puella Magi - Show retained the dark overtones and ability to create intrigue and suspense by setting up multiple mysteries from episode 1. 

id: invaders: seems like this is trying very hard to be Paycho pass with half the animation budget and writing quality. Not very impressed two episodes in

Anyone else worried that Babylon is 75% finished and we are nowhere close to resolving the story. 

Seems set up for a second season, but i am not sure that it will get one

Anyone else worried that Babylon is 75% finished and we are nowhere close to resolving the story. 

Haruki    12658

my hero academia is so good

Haruki    12658

sword art online: alicization is actually good. it's way better than the previous seasons. the second part of war of underworld is coming soon.

Haruki    12658

black clover surpassed one piece, naruto, and bleach as a better manga and anime

On 1/7/2020 at 9:39 AM, The Lyncher said:

Somehow without rushing jt, episode 10 righted the ship. Incredible

HououinKyouma    829

I'm in love with Yuasa's new show. The opening scene where Asakusa falls in love with anime was fucking breathtaking.

On 1/23/2020 at 4:48 AM, HououinKyouma said:

I'm in love with Yuasa's new show. The opening scene where Asakusa falls in love with anime was fucking breathtaking.

Eh maybe ill pick it up. Nothing has really struck me this season as standing out from the pack yet

Seriously whoever is picking the anime for amazon needs a raise and needs to get poached by Hulu. They have consistently had the best or second best show every season for like the last 2-3 years.

+rei+    34993

steins;gate

»S l o x    4
On 1/30/2020 at 0:40 PM, Metal Gear Salad said:

Just started Hunter x Hunter

That's a pretty good show.

I finished up Rising of the Shield Hero and now I'm back on Dragon Ball Super.

Haruki    12658

black cover just finished its lastest arc. it was done well.

My hero academia

Made in Abyss

The Promised Neverland

Goblin Slayer

That time I got reincarnated as a slime

Dr. Stone

Fruits Basket

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon

Ugh waiting for all their next seasons...

• Upvote 1

+rei+    34993
6 minutes ago, Lady Athena said:

My hero academia

Made in Abyss

The Promised Neverland

Goblin Slayer

Dr. Stone

Fruits Basket

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon

6 minutes ago, Lady Athena said:

My hero academia

Made in Abyss

The Promised Neverland

Goblin Slayer

Dr. Stone

Fruits Basket

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon

if you liked slime and goblin slayer def check Konosuba 

2 minutes ago, rei said:

if you liked slime and goblin slayer def check Konosuba 

I saw that already too lol 

• Upvote 1

+rei+    34993

also overlord