ServantxService

Railgun S

Uchouten Kazoku

Watamote

From the Backlog

Kamichu

Katanagatari

enyad    64

Just finished Cowboy Bebop, moving on to Eureka 7. And Shingeki no Kyojin, of course.

N e J i    902

Sword Art Online

Expected a full-on action packed, RPG-based Shounen and what I got was a Harem with some action, set in an RPG world. Had I known this before I started watching SAO and I would have skipped it; and that would have been a big mistake, for prior to SAO I had lost faith in Harems and this pretty much restored it. What makes SAO click is the fact that the romance was well constructed. It wasn't the result of just physical attraction or weird stalking impulses but rather something that grew stronger as the characters discovered more about each other and became more intimate. This is why when the plot shifts into the 2nd arc, there's a sense of urgency and purpose in doing whatever it takes to reunite the 2 lovers. It's not because it was established that they were supposed to be together but because we felt why they should be together. Besides the heartwarming romance, there's also the theme of existentialism as an online persona, which is not explored with much depth but it's there and it is indeed thought provoking for those who are into that. The action scenes are good, i.e. they are gorgeous and very well animated though not particularly engaging. There are also a few things against it: video-game mechanics are only slightly present (even if what we get is pretty good, such as the amazing in-game menu navigation) and there's not a sense of progression, both story-wise (we are informed that they are advancing levels but that progression is not actually felt) and character-wise (again, we see some power-ups here and there but there's no sense of actual effort or urgency into strengthening the player); the other aspect I particularly disliked was the family bonds with the "daughter" and the "sister" - both should have been approached differently. All in all, SAO is one of the most cinematic animes I've seen and its beautiful execution set in such an amazing world results in a great experience. I did enjoy it a lot. 8/10

Wow I'm surprised that even after you shit all over Mirai Nikki you give SAO a favorable review. This anime is terrible, man

Actually, it was because of everything that Mirai Nikki did bad and this didn't that I liked it so much.

Candela    546

SAO season 2 was utter garbage. I watched all of it, but...I sure as hell didn't like it. 

»CheyMcFly    4637
Bakemonogatari So far I have watched the cat and crab story. Tomorrow I am marathoning it with a few friends. The animation is beautiful and the story is great. I just dislike the fact I have to pause it often to read the words that appear for about 2 seconds.
  • Upvote 5

Candela    546

Bakemonogatari So far I have watched the cat and crab story. Tomorrow I am marathoning it with a few friends. The animation is beautiful and the story is great. I just dislike the fact I have to pause it often to read the words that appear for about 2 seconds.

You skipped to the cat arc? 

»CheyMcFly    4637
[quote name="Candela" post="3529511" timestamp="1374501963"][quote name="CheyMcfly" post="3529494" timestamp="1374499347"]Bakemonogatari So far I have watched the cat and crab story. Tomorrow I am marathoning it with a few friends. The animation is beautiful and the story is great. I just dislike the fact I have to pause it often to read the words that appear for about 2 seconds.[/quote] You skipped to the cat arc? [/quote]my friend was watching it and I caught most of itm we are going to restart from the beginning so I wont miss anythingm

Guru    736

Monogatari series formula

Lots of talking and deep conversations
Unnumbered cut
More talking
Head tilt
Boobs

Rinse and repeat

My Currently Watching:

Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya

Free

Nekomonogatari White

One Piece

Senki Zesshou Symphogear G

Shingeki no Kyojin

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S

Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!

»infinite    2317

Watching for this season

It's not my fault im not popular

Gatchaman Crowds

Free!

Shingeki no Kyojin 

Uchouten kazoku

Just watching

Chuuninbyou

Matticus    2253
Currently watching this season:

Watamote
SxS
C3
Free!
Gatchaman
Shingeki

Rewatching
Ippo

Also just finished re-watching Black Lagoon, still has one of the best dubs imo. I don't think I could watch that show subbed, especially the last arc of 2nd raid.

Krad    11

Just watched Dangan Ronpa Episode 3 (The first trial). I haven't actually played the game but I've seen a walkthrough of case 1 and the anime seems to cover the main points of the murder well.

I also liked how they took the execution scenes from the game and made them prettier, albeit slightly censored. 

JustBeKrillin    375

I just finished that Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar, everyone seems to have a good to decent opinion of the anime but I simply disliked it(All but the last 4 episode). It literally had no point to the show at all and the only reason I enjoyed the final 4 was because it had actual mechs and combat liek it portrayed from episode 1. The entire anime felt like filler.

iDunnoBro    822

Currently watching this season:

Rewatching
Ippo

I'm also re-watching Ippo the anime after catching up over 100 chapters of the manga to be current.

It's really helpful with my new diet/workout, I've lost 12 pounds since i started season 1 a few weeks ago, at ep 60 now. I like watching it while doing mindless aerobics, steps, etc. I know it's fictional, but the emphasis on training/exercise helps me get into the mood.

Shruikon    206

[spoiler]The final piece of evidence used to nail the killer was the fact that the killer thought the door the victim had hidden behind was locked and unfastened the screws with a screwdriver from his toolbox, meaning if the killer's toolbox had shown signs of usage it would have been all the proof needed. However these toolboxes were never mentioned at all prior to or during the trial and just sort of came out of nowhere.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]The toolboxes were briefly shown at the start of episode 2[/spoiler]

What I'm watching from this season:

Blood Lad

Danganronpa

Fantasista Doll

Fate Kaleid Liner Prisma Ilya

Free!

Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou

Highschool DxD NEW

Hyperdimension Neptunia

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi

Love Lab

Servant x Service

Silver Spoon

The World God Only Knows S3

And I rewatched Bakemonogatari and watched Nisemonogatari in the past few days so got Nekomonogatari Black to watch before I can start Monogatari Series Second Season too~

• Upvote 1

Krad    11

[spoiler]The final piece of evidence used to nail the killer was the fact that the killer thought the door the victim had hidden behind was locked and unfastened the screws with a screwdriver from his toolbox, meaning if the killer's toolbox had shown signs of usage it would have been all the proof needed. However these toolboxes were never mentioned at all prior to or during the trial and just sort of came out of nowhere.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]The toolboxes were briefly shown at the start of episode 2[/spoiler]

You're right, holy shit I'm blind.

A Loli    1924

watching:

Free!

Danganronpa

Watamote

sunday without God

jojo

just finished oreimo s2, wow i really love this series. i tried getting into the world god only knows s3 and i just couldn't get back into it because i either missed some ovas or they included some manga stuff and i haven't read it. and as much as i love type-moon. . .

• Upvote 1

»Digbick    7262
Currently watching Mirai nikki, hyperdimesion neptunia the animation, a certain magical index, oreimo s2, and eflen lief

Shruikon    206

just finished oreimo s2, wow i really love this series. i tried getting into the world god only knows s3 and i just couldn't get back into it because i either missed some ovas or they included some manga stuff and i haven't read it. and as much as i love type-moon. . .

Yeah they skipped over like 5 different conquests because they wanted to skip to the Goddesses arc =/

+rei+    34681
Initial D

I'm so JDM I only sleep on the right side of the bed

Light.    48

Re-watching Hunter x Hunter

Matticus    2253

Initial D

I'm so JDM I only sleep on the right side of the bed

2euhkkw.png

catching up with attack on titan it is pretty tame compared to the Manga, not so much the minor censorship but just the general feel of terror is removed to fair degree.

tumblr_mmb4idD68O1r37arko1_400.gif

Aaron    2047

still haven't finished hajime no ippo but going to pick up fate/stay night and then the fate/zero very soon after. 

ozy    724

^ I loved chu2. Can't wait for s2. Kind of hesitant on the movie cause it's only a retelling but it's still kyoani so I'll end up watching.

In the middle of Natsume Yuujinchou s3. Brilliant stuff.