victor

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

N e J i    895

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to animate Berserk in such a shitty way? I understand the use of 3D for the swooping shots but I just can't shake the feeling that the characters look like puppets. The fact that there's frontal nudity without drawing the nipples further underlines this feeling (which btw is complete bullshit given the all around extreme violence - this has been pointed countless times but it never ceases to amaze me hoe displaying lots of blood, severed heads and limbs and, all kinds of nasty shit is OK, but the mere sight of a nipple is considered unacceptable...).

• Upvote 2

Aaron    1983

they've ruined it. 

god knows what they're thinking. they have an amazing script, its easy money but they've decided to fuck it up. 

the movies from the get go were stupid in the way they did them but this series just takes the piss. 

if only madhouse got hold of it. 

N e J i    895

Battery: Fails incredibly to show the beauty and enthusiasm inherent to the sport. Plain and mopey with traces of beauty here and there. 5/10

Boku no Hero Academia: Holds the promise of a great Shounen right from the start. 8/10

Cheer Danshi!!: I was interested in team dynamics~. I got team dynamics. The most basic and flat version of it. 5/10

Nanatsu no Taizai: Mindless action? Check. Random plot? Check. Female objectification? Check. Still enjoyable at times? Check. Michael Bay must be behind this. 6/10

Orange: Intriguing at start. Boring and repetitive during most of the middle. Infuriating and sloppy by the end of it. 5/10

ReLIFE: Lacks ambition but an all around solid exploration of an adult in a kids' world. 7/10

Sakamoto desu ga?: Hilarious paradoy of the Shoujo and Shounen genres. 7/10

Tales of Zestiria the X: UFOtable still carrying shows with its incredibly beautiful animation and innovative design. 7/10

Rewatches:

One Outs: Pure entertainment. I could watch this forever. 9/10

Zankyou no Terror: No previous expectations this time around allowed me to enjoy it for what it is. A superiorly made psychological thriller with surprising depth. 9/10

• Upvote 3

+Urthor    10239

Has anyone got an opinion on Drifters?  On paper the current season is absolutely shocking except for Drifters and 3Gatsu, and 3Gatsu is probably a better manga than anime.  But I haven't watched it yet so we'll see.

+Gojira    1741
7 hours ago, Urthor said:

Has anyone got an opinion on Drifters?  On paper the current season is absolutely shocking except for Drifters and 3Gatsu, and 3Gatsu is probably a better manga than anime.  But I haven't watched it yet so we'll see.

It's meh. Depending on how the plot is revealed, it could be good, but hard to tell from the first couple episodes.

3gatsu impressed me besides a few conflicting character traits, but I haven't read the manga.

I'm starting rewatching Hikaru No Go only this time subbed since I grew up with the dub. So far comparing it to the dub it looks the version I grew up with might have actually stayed true to the original unlike a lot of dubbed anime.

JAPANESE GOBLIN    2182

yeah season 8 started like 2 weeks ago and i havent been keeping up super well but im excited

+greasy thug    19083
23 minutes ago, subculture bitch said:

yeah season 8 started like 2 weeks ago and i havent been keeping up super well but im excited

I never even heard of it this shit is low key as fuck

JAPANESE GOBLIN    2182

the episodes are 2 minutes long and play real fast and loose with things like animation and talking speed so it ends up being a bit impenetrable, ergo it is very unpopular outside of japan

»Tygo    14313

When you fall asleep watching reruns and watch up to everyone waiting for you to start the next episode:

17bS7rA.png

Aaron    1983

Finished haikyuu.

fucking hell it SHITS on hajimee no ippo to no end. like literally it bends over hajime no ippo and shows how a sports anime should really be. 

Watching:

Gintama (up to date)

One Piece (about 60 episodes behind)

Gintama has made me realise just how slow and shit one piece is in comparison. Gintama is the best anime handsdown. I wish I could rewatch it. The last arc if you like shounen or just good plots is remarkable. EAch episode packs so much fucking content, zero filler,.. fuck it i could write an essay on how good gintama is. 

N e J i    895
On 01/03/2017 at 10:45 PM, Aaron said:

Finished haikyuu.

fucking hell it SHITS on hajimee no ippo to no end. like literally it bends over hajime no ippo and shows how a sports anime should really be.

Does it have to be one or the other? I mean, they're both great.

Aaron    1983
19 hours ago, N e J i said:

Does it have to be one or the other? I mean, they're both great.

They're both good but Haikyuu is leaps and bounds ahead for me. 

no 4 minutes of hajime no ippo runs that close.

+Urthor    10239

fuck I need to read the entire gintama manga, but I literally don't have enough space on my phone lol

Aaron    1983

new attack on titan episode was quite epic. typical aot, lots of action & excitement but still lacking that substance. the show is a huge mystery in where it will go and i hope they fulfil the obvious potential. 

gintama finished this season. amazing season but definitley not typical gintama. they prove that when they do shounen, they do it better than any other shounen. it would have taken one piece or naruto 100 episodes to do what they did in 12... and they'd do it worse. 

it makes me sad reading shit like battle of the anime characters knowing a lot of anime fans haven't watched gintama which has handsdown the best cast of any anime but oh well, fuck it. 

• Upvote 1

Matticus    2254

I've been on a massive gundam binge lately, just finished Zeta this afternoon, it was really good. 

Oh, and Iron Blooded Orphans of course. 

»Tygo    14313

Did....... did Super just make me like Krillin?

• Upvote 1

+mmf    23269
On 3/7/2017 at 5:54 AM, Urthor said:

fuck I need to read the entire gintama manga

why, yes, yes you do

+rei+    35453
On 4/3/2017 at 1:03 AM, Tygo said:

Did....... did Super just make me like Krillin?

TFS already did that for me

• Upvote 2

»Tygo    14313

That made me like him because funny. This made me like him because fighting. 

Also missed opportunity on super solar flare c'mon guys.