victor

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

+Urthor    10161

Season is not that great gotta be said.  No Game No life movie was eh though, forget prequels and alternate realities give me season two!

• Upvote 1

+Urthor    10161

Just going off the trailers Nish.

Forgot to admit though, Apocrypha and Virgin soul are pretty good they're the redeeming features atm

Aaron    1969

Is there anything I should be watching apart from boku no hero? 

I'm legit waiting on:

gintama 

attack on titan s03

re zero s02

one piece to get another 100 episodes ahead

haikyuu s04

There just seems to be nothing really good on the horizon. I haven't watched swore art online? shall i check out s01?  I know jojo is really highly praised but s01 underwhelmed me. 

Are the times of Monster, Death Note, TTGL, Clannad After Story, Stein's gate, Berserk 1998, hxh, Psycho Pass s01 over? 

I feel like the quality of anime is REALLY going down hill now. Even potentially class animes like boku dake managed to fuck things up. 

This is my MAL fyi

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Aaron

I might just switch to TV shows & Films for a year and leave anime until Gintama comes back. 

+Logic    1999

We just finished Death Note again to watch the Netflix movie and be stupid critical afterwards together.

+Gojira    1702
7 hours ago, Aaron said:

Is there anything I should be watching apart from boku no hero? 

I'm legit waiting on:

gintama 

attack on titan s03

re zero s02

one piece to get another 100 episodes ahead

haikyuu s04

There just seems to be nothing really good on the horizon. I haven't watched swore art online? shall i check out s01?  I know jojo is really highly praised but s01 underwhelmed me. 

Are the times of Monster, Death Note, TTGL, Clannad After Story, Stein's gate, Berserk 1998, hxh, Psycho Pass s01 over? 

I feel like the quality of anime is REALLY going down hill now. Even potentially class animes like boku dake managed to fuck things up. 

This is my MAL fyi

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Aaron

I might just switch to TV shows & Films for a year and leave anime until Gintama comes back. 

no, don't watch Sword art online at all. It's really quite terrible. I could rant on how it fails in every aspect, but it's probably not worth it.

I know it's not really anime, but Netflix's Castlevania was quite enjoyable for me, if short.

HououinKyouma    793
On 6/1/2016 at 1:00 PM, HououinKyouma said:

I think I would rather have shit ladled into my eye than watch Tokyo Ghoul Sword Art Online 2bh.

• Upvote 1

Aaron    1969
23 hours ago, N e J i said:

Question for DBZ fans, anyone watching Dragon Ball Super? Been hearing good things...

my friends roughly explained to me whats happened and it sounds very subpar.

like if u have time to watch dbz, just watch something like one piece or hunter x hunter instead. 

at this point its just transformation after transformation with universe after universe. it sounds quite awful. 

N e J i    897
14 minutes ago, Aaron said:

my friends roughly explained to me whats happened and it sounds very subpar.

like if u have time to watch dbz, just watch something like one piece or hunter x hunter instead. 

at this point its just transformation after transformation with universe after universe. it sounds quite awful. 

That was my initial thought. It's my understanding that the series includes the last 2 movies and I didn't care all that much for neither, however, I've been seeing a lot of people really excited about the show so I'm considering.

DBZ was my life growing up so I know I'll either love or hate it.

I've seen HxH. OP feels like too much of an endeavor. I mean 1000 episodes? That's crazy.

Edited by N e J i

Aaron    1969
On 21/11/2017 at 10:12 PM, N e J i said:

That was my initial thought. It's my understanding that the series includes the last 2 movies and I didn't care all that much for neither, however, I've been seeing a lot of people really excited about the show so I'm considering.

DBZ was my life growing up so I know I'll either love or hate it.

I've seen HxH. OP feels like too much of an endeavor. I mean 1000 episodes? That's crazy.

its like 600 or so, probably 1k by the time its finished but its just infinitely better. OP has fallen off after episode 460 or so in regards to pacing tho. 

If you like comedy I'd suggest doing Gintama. you will NOT regret it by any stretch, every episode is infinitely better and the pacing is just ridiculously good as they're constantly catching up with the manga. 

those would be my big 2 to watch instead of DBZ. it just looks a simplified cash grab and really just tapping in on nostalgia to garner attention .

for me what made me love DBZ was also bruce faulconer's ost.. with that gone im kinda like mhe. 

+rei+    34348

kings of shonen are HxH and Jojo's, though Boku no Hero Academia seems good

as for the months old question of "does anything good still exist" - absolutely, you just gotta filter through the trash

Also if you like comedy and liked re:zero def watch Konosuba

Aaron have you watched Knights of Sidonia? might be up your alley

Guru    734

DBS is good but ya compared to the old DBZ hype it's not that good.  I still watch it in hopes it gets better but so far it has just been ok.

Faint    5571
2 minutes ago, Guru said:

DBS is good but ya compared to the old DBZ hype it's not that good.  I still watch it in hopes it gets better but so far it has just been ok.

i think thats unreal expectations tbh cos nostalgia wears off

as a standalone anime i think its really very very good tbh. very engaging, lots of action - my only qualm is that it gives too much to characters and battles i dont care for (i mean who the fuck cares about that "maiden of love" seriously but i guess they love that shit in japan)

Guru    734
1 minute ago, Faint said:

i think thats unreal expectations tbh cos nostalgia wears off

as a standalone anime i think its really very very good tbh. very engaging, lots of action - my only qualm is that it gives too much to characters and battles i dont care for (i mean who the fuck cares about that "maiden of love" seriously but i guess they love that shit in japan)

I swear if I hear Champa chiming in one more fucking time saying "ya go so and so beat them!" I'm gonna throw something.

Faint    5571
1 hour ago, Guru said:

I swear if I hear Champa chiming in one more fucking time saying "ya go so and so beat them!" I'm gonna throw something.

Yeah after hit died he needs to stfu