victor

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

Aaron    2022
58 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

10 episodes in . and you can really see the Trigger influence (so much fanservice). Really enjoy that it actually makes use of an outro to end each episode. 

Violet Evergarden is underrated. Did not think I'd like it as much as I did. 

May watch 7 deadly sins just to catch up/finish it since i already watched the first season, but I wasn't overly impressed with the initial season.

Second season is better than the first but suffers from similar issues. 

The power scaling it out of the window which is a bit annoying... however its setting up for some great stuff.

A bit like One Piece, they don't like to let characters die and would rather use them for bigger & better things which I can get behind if done right.

The OST is freaking amazing. Seven Deadly Sins is bang for your buck the best shounen/minute but ultimately still pales in comparison to the big 2 (OP and HxH). 

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Second season is better than the first but suffers from similar issues. 

The power scaling it out of the window which is a bit annoying... however its setting up for some great stuff.

A bit like One Piece, they don't like to let characters die and would rather use them for bigger & better things which I can get behind if done right.

The OST is freaking amazing. Seven Deadly Sins is bang for your buck the best shounen/minute but ultimately still pales in comparison to the big 2 (OP and HxH). 

Eh idk i feel like mha is better executed and has a better soundtrack (albeit a much more limited one). But i'll watch it and see

Aaron    2022
44 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

Eh idk i feel like mha is better executed and has a better soundtrack (albeit a much more limited one). But i'll watch it and see

yup boku no hero after s03 is nearing top-tier tbh. its only lacking thing is consequence which will surely come soon. i hope they maintain the balancing too. i like that even the best characters can be beaten by a bad quirk matchup. my only worry is some really lovable characters with tonnes of room to grow will be discarded soon for the big 3 (bakugo/todoroki/midoriya) which will be really sad because so many of the quirks are so interesting. 

7 deadly sins i appreciate because they have turned the shounen genre on its head. rather than seeing some feeble shits becoming stronger, they have given us 7 legendary knights who are all OP from the beginning with varying mysterious backstories and interpersonal relationships thrown into situations. i particularly love when the sins fight eachother. 

the issue is 7 deadly sins has gone into naruto shippuden territory of discarding some really awesome characters by making their power levels beyond shit compared to the top-tier characters. 

however its absolutely spectacular pacing in return for less realism and melodrama is something to be respected.

I still think HXH and OP are very hard to beat. OP's pacing is dreadful but the story its telling is legandary, HXH lacks an ending... the only other anime I see rivalling them is Gintama (which only decides to be a shounen maybe 1/20th of the time at most). 

Its weird because I really love Shounen but Bleach & Naruto's implosions have really turned me off of them. 

hazmah    22
Posted (edited)

I mean I can get behind HXH being arguably the best shounen, but I don't really know how to treat OP. Admittedly, I haven't actually watched it yet, but everyone I've talked to that has watched it, tells me that it's incredibly slow and the pacing is flat out garbage, and looking at it's 700+ episode list, I can kind of guess why. Only like Naruto could accomplish that feat, and that's with more than half of the series being filler. 

BNHA though, that is some good shit. Not quite on HXH's level, but certainly above the average of the stereotypical shounen. And certainly the only one, outside of maybe Naruto, deserving of its popularity as a story.

As for what I'm watching right now, highschool dxd s4. On ep2 right now and the storyline is still as compelling as ever, just wish the shit fanservice would be dropped already. Seriously, the show would be at least 15x better than it currently is if it wasn't for all that stupid shit, and I'm considering dropping it just for that feat. In the LN this was much more tolerable.

I'm also just starting to watch Black Clover. Read the manga for the series, and I think it's going to be pretty good if it stays loyal. Whilst its stories and characters aren't as fleshed out and in-depth as BNHA, the characters are more fun/interesting/quirky (pun not intended) and the action scenes are really interesting too. Wish this would get more coverage.

Edited by hazmah

Aaron    2022
14 hours ago, hazmah said:

I mean I can get behind HXH being arguably the best shounen, but I don't really know how to treat OP. Admittedly, I haven't actually watched it yet, but everyone I've talked to that has watched it, tells me that it's incredibly slow and the pacing is flat out garbage, and looking at it's 700+ episode list, I can kind of guess why. Only like Naruto could accomplish that feat, and that's with more than half of the series being filler. 

BNHA though, that is some good shit. Not quite on HXH's level, but certainly above the average of the stereotypical shounen. And certainly the only one, outside of maybe Naruto, deserving of its popularity as a story.

As for what I'm watching right now, highschool dxd s4. On ep2 right now and the storyline is still as compelling as ever, just wish the shit fanservice would be dropped already. Seriously, the show would be at least 15x better than it currently is if it wasn't for all that stupid shit, and I'm considering dropping it just for that feat. In the LN this was much more tolerable.

I'm also just starting to watch Black Clover. Read the manga for the series, and I think it's going to be pretty good if it stays loyal. Whilst its stories and characters aren't as fleshed out and in-depth as BNHA, the characters are more fun/interesting/quirky (pun not intended) and the action scenes are really interesting too. Wish this would get more coverage.

you havent watched it, therefore don't know how to treat it. uhhhh.

i just hate people being perplexed or anti-any anime without having watched it. 

BNHA has potential to surpass HXH. the fact HXH doesn't have anywhere near a solid enough ending and its pacing in the chimera ants arc was shit is telling. 

hazmah    22
3 hours ago, Aaron said:

you havent watched it, therefore don't know how to treat it. uhhhh.

i just hate people being perplexed or anti-any anime without having watched it. 

I mean there is a reason I specifically said I haven't watched it. My opinion should be taken with a grain of salt, but from what I've heard and the facts in front of me, I wouldn't call it a long shot to say its pacing is garbage.

BNHA has potential to surpass HXH. the fact HXH doesn't have anywhere near a solid enough ending and its pacing in the chimera ants arc was shit is telling. 

BNHA does indeed have the potential to surpass HXH, whether it will live up to it is another matter in its entirety. If HXH is written to completion I sincerely doubt it though. The CA arc was slow but a masterfully done arc, and tbh it was pretty compelling throughout. It was long certainly, but I don't really understand how people really can dislike it unless you were like binging it daily. 

Aaron    2022
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, hazmah said:

I mean there is a reason I specifically said I haven't watched it. My opinion should be taken with a grain of salt, but from what I've heard and the facts in front of me, I wouldn't call it a long shot to say its pacing is garbage.

BNHA does indeed have the potential to surpass HXH, whether it will live up to it is another matter in its entirety. If HXH is written to completion I sincerely doubt it though. The CA arc was slow but a masterfully done arc, and tbh it was pretty compelling throughout. It was long certainly, but I don't really understand how people really can dislike it unless you were like binging it daily. 

Im talking about the hxh anime specifically. its incomplete.

as a manga, hxh/onepiece/berserk/gintama have very few equals. 

ya watch one piece first. 

its pacing is shit especially post-time skip but i thought hxh's pacing was just bad for the chimera ant arc and everything after that paled in comparison to the first few arcs. 

boku is just perfect in so many ways without being spectacular. i think it still lacks that x-factor. 

Edited by Aaron

hazmah    22
Just now, Aaron said:

Im talking about the hxh anime specifically. its incomplete.

as a manga, hxh/onepiece/berserk/gintama have very few equals. 

Then if the hxh anime is animated to completion... it doesn't change anything at all lmao.

Just now, Aaron said:

i think its not even an opinion tho right... its just speculation based on other people's opinions? I just struggle in general to understand why people pose opinions on shit they're so knowingly ignorant on. 

It's an accumulation of multiple people's opinions--all telling me the same thing that its pacing is garbage. Then, that is further reaffirmed by the fact that it's 850 episodes long, which no other shounen anime is even anywhere near to excluding Naruto which is predominantly filler and is still only like 700. Like, the next closest is Bleach, which is at around 350 episodes.

Aaron    2022
1 hour ago, hazmah said:

Then if the hxh anime is animated to completion... it doesn't change anything at all lmao.

It's an accumulation of multiple people's opinions--all telling me the same thing that its pacing is garbage. Then, that is further reaffirmed by the fact that it's 850 episodes long, which no other shounen anime is even anywhere near to excluding Naruto which is predominantly filler and is still only like 700. Like, the next closest is Bleach, which is at around 350 episodes.

I think the odds that madhouse picks up hxh and finishes it after completion is extremely low. 

I've got bored of talking to someone about an anime that they haven't watched. Keep googling and accumulating your opinions. 

+rei+    34637

i got nothing

and by that i mean i havent watched it yet

Aaron    2022

is anyone here watching gintama yet 

On 7/9/2018 at 7:01 PM, Aaron said:

I think the odds that madhouse picks up hxh and finishes it after completion is extremely low. 

I've got bored of talking to someone about an anime that they haven't watched. Keep googling and accumulating your opinions. 

Havent watched it but from what i know of madhouse, it is notorious for not finishing or rebooting series (want deadman wonderland season 2)

Aaron    2022

yup they are dicks. best in the business but ruthless. 

i wish they had gotten hold of berserk. 

+Urthor    10210

I actually unironically stopped watching Darling at Episode 17 because finals lul.  Anime of the season for me.  

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Aaron said:

yup they are dicks. best in the business but ruthless. 

i wish they had gotten hold of berserk. 

This. Honestly, I can't think of a studio thats as consistent quality wise as Madhouse. I'll watch something I have never heard of before. When I look it up because I liked it, more often than not its Madhouse 

Edited by Francis J Underwood

+rei+    34637

Madhouse are def rock solid though not so good at following through and finishing shit; Shaft are really good too, big fan of Production IG; Bones is up there too 

Aaron    2022

ppl who anime gintama are quite good for reliability. they've stuck with the show for fuckkkkkk ages with many hiatuses. 

Faint    5840
2 hours ago, Aaron said:

ppl who anime gintama are quite good for reliability. they've stuck with the show for fuckkkkkk ages with many hiatuses. 

have u watched nanatsu no taizai s2 yet?

Aaron    2022
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Faint said:

have u watched nanatsu no taizai s2 yet?

yup it was good.

power scaling all over the place and a lot of my favorite characters such as ban, diane seems really inconsequential by the end of the season. unless someones name is meliodas, escobar or merlin, it felt like they were useless... could have easily been the 3 deadly sins.  not top tier but close. i feel like it really fails in scaling and managing the cast so they stay relevant. sadly its basically the meliodas show. 

also had one of my favourite moments of an anime.. when meliodas beats his trial. that really made me love meliodas.

the 10 commandments were awesome.... honestly so much to love about it except for the power scaling. 

Edited by Aaron

Faint    5840
5 hours ago, Aaron said:

yup it was good.

power scaling all over the place and a lot of my favorite characters such as ban, diane seems really inconsequential by the end of the season. unless someones name is meliodas, escobar or merlin, it felt like they were useless... could have easily been the 3 deadly sins.  not top tier but close. i feel like it really fails in scaling and managing the cast so they stay relevant. sadly its basically the meliodas show. 

also had one of my favourite moments of an anime.. when meliodas beats his trial. that really made me love meliodas.

the 10 commandments were awesome.... honestly so much to love about it except for the power scaling. 

The power scaling does get fixed as far as the sins go (No spoilers but it's done in a way that makes sense and progresses the story which is cool) but yea for people lile gillthunder theyve become pretty irrelevant now tbh

Commandments were such great villains cos even with Hendrickson the sins never felt like they were in trouble because they were introduced being so strong. Commandments flipped that on its head completely

Aaron    2022
1 hour ago, Faint said:

The power scaling does get fixed as far as the sins go (No spoilers but it's done in a way that makes sense and progresses the story which is cool) but yea for people lile gillthunder theyve become pretty irrelevant now tbh

Commandments were such great villains cos even with Hendrickson the sins never felt like they were in trouble because they were introduced being so strong. Commandments flipped that on its head completely

yup and their powers/personality were awesome AF and equally as overpowered. like bringing ppl back from the dead lmao.