victor

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

Just finished 7 deadly sins season 2 and was unimpressed overall. 

Thoughts below 

Still hate that they use that i tro prior to the op just to fill time.

The amount of time spent info dumping on the sins backstories is pretty unreal. At least 10 episodes were either backstory or a plot device to convey backstory in an uninterestng way. 

The power scaling if the sins, as was mentioned, feel like ass pulls which shouldnt happen given the smount of time spent on backstory. 

Diane is still the most annoying character on the show and i think the show would benefit from killing her off. 

The whole gowther plot line never came to fehition and until the last episode it was like whoops we forgot about that. Feels like gowther developed autism in between seasons. Maybe it has something to do with him being a commandment but still

Escanor will create problems for the writers doen the road in trying to find a villain that balances him which in all likelihood will be meliodas

On 7/14/2018 at 10:22 PM, Francis J Underwood said:

Watching A place Further Than The Universe next because i have heard good things

Finished this. It's clear why some people hyped this as one of the best anime of last season, but not sure if I agree. However, this does go to show Madhouse's talent for executing a simple concept beautifully and for identifying quality source material.

Edited by Francis J Underwood

Faint    5726
On 7/14/2018 at 10:10 PM, Francis J Underwood said:

Just finished 7 deadly sins season 2 and was unimpressed overall. 

Thoughts below 

Hide contents

Still hate that they use that i tro prior to the op just to fill time.

The amount of time spent info dumping on the sins backstories is pretty unreal. At least 10 episodes were either backstory or a plot device to convey backstory in an uninterestng way. 

The power scaling if the sins, as was mentioned, feel like ass pulls which shouldnt happen given the smount of time spent on backstory. 

Diane is still the most annoying character on the show and i think the show would benefit from killing her off. 

The whole gowther plot line never came to fehition and until the last episode it was like whoops we forgot about that. Feels like gowther developed autism in between seasons. Maybe it has something to do with him being a commandment but still

Escanor will create problems for the writers doen the road in trying to find a villain that balances him which in all likelihood will be meliodas

i agree with most of this tbh. only points are that from reading the manga i feel that the diane, escanor and gowther problems do all eventually get dealt with and justified - it just takes a long time for them to payoff (expect that in s3 - gowther and diane basically solve each others plotlines)

power scaling is basically an asspull but as far as the sins are concerned it is attempted to be corrected

Faint    5726
On 7/15/2018 at 3:22 AM, Francis J Underwood said:

Watching A place Further Than The Universe next because i have heard good things

this is my next stop tbh

On 7/17/2018 at 6:51 PM, Francis J Underwood said:

Watching Hinamatsuri . . . why did people hype this up as anime of the season, comedy of the year, and/or funny at all?

Trash. 

Steins Gate 0 looks to be my favorite thing currently airing. Depending on how it finishes, its gonna challenge Violet Evergarden for best of year so far (god Evergarden is criminally underrated for how well its written. Very tempted to say its a masterpiece with all the tricks it uses to execute such a simple idea).  

Started Planet with because i have heard good things

Edited by Francis J Underwood

N e J i    902

So Boruto Episode 65 that aired this week is probably one of the best in the Naruto series so do yourselves a favor and go watch it even if you're not following the show.