@slickz what have you seen/liked?

cowboy bebop 

dbz / super 

my hero academia 

old naruto episodes 

yu yu hakusho 

sao

+Malcolm    4606

dont watch monster early on. it is probably the best anime of all time and why waste it early into your anime career

• Upvote 1

Faint    5854

Definitely watch death note and sins I think.

They're both easy to watch, entertaining and very good anime (death note for the psychology, sins for the more action packed fun based show with kickass characters)

I think monster you need to invest a bit more into to really enjoy it so try easing yourself in

• Upvote 1

Aaron    2027

attack on titan - spectacular compared to the other shit reccomended imo; pacing is a bit so/so but thats moresodown to the fact that the narrative covers a very small scope of the world and leaves u wanting a lot more

gintama - just simply better than nearly every single anime, definitely the best in regards to soul + character + humour + parody 

monster - masterpieces in general, not just of anime 

if u dont mind a 24 episode time investment, clannad [which is 6/10] then prepare for major feels in clannad after story [10/10]. 

ppl having not watched gintama is just criminal tho. its just so many leagues above so many other animes. check out some amvs or some shit guys. 

• Upvote 2

HououinKyouma    808

I think Fate/Zero is the perfect show for going from shounen into the wider world of seasonal anime. What I enjoy about anime is how many different genres it contains, and how it caters to almost every taste imaginable. Also an anime series opening is in general a great way to get a taste of how good an anime will be. It helps that F/Z 2nd opening is one of the best ever.

Faint    5854
8 hours ago, HououinKyouma said:

I think Fate/Zero is the perfect show for going from shounen into the wider world of seasonal anime. What I enjoy about anime is how many different genres it contains, and how it caters to almost every taste imaginable. Also an anime series opening is in general a great way to get a taste of how good an anime will be. It helps that F/Z 2nd opening is one of the best ever.

Hide contents

embarrassing to say but ive only watched fate stay night and fate stay night unlimited blade works. is zero better than them i presume?

ill definitely try to start it tonight in any case - sucks that it isnt on netflix tho

HououinKyouma    808
2 hours ago, Faint said:

embarrassing to say but ive only watched fate stay night and fate stay night unlimited blade works. is zero better than them i presume?

ill definitely try to start it tonight in any case - sucks that it isnt on netflix tho

I personally think all other fate universe shows are garbage barring Kara no Kyoukai, Carnival Phantasm, and F/Z. F/Z is a much more interesting show especially since Shirou is so unbelievably boring.

• Upvote 1

+rei+    34654
On 2018-09-22 at 2:39 PM, Faint said:

Sao had a great concept and shitty execution.

a great concept it ripped from .hack//SIGN a FAR better series. 

+rei+    34654
On 2018-09-22 at 11:05 PM, slickz said:

cowboy bebop 

dbz / super 

my hero academia 

old naruto episodes 

yu yu hakusho 

sao

Hunter x Hunter (the new one)

Death Note

Attack on Titan

Trigun (put up with the early silliness it gets good)
Re:Zero (some of sao's concept with better execution and more suffering)
konosuba (some of sao's concept with better execution and probably the funniest anime i can remember) 

Neon Genesis Get In The Fucking Robot Shinji

• Upvote 3

Aaron    2027
10 hours ago, Faint said:

zero is much better/complex. 

Faint    5854
18 hours ago, HououinKyouma said:

I personally think all other fate universe shows are garbage barring Kara no Kyoukai, Carnival Phantasm, and F/Z. F/Z is a much more interesting show especially since Shirou is so unbelievably boring.

yeah i agree that shirou is dull as fuck. will defintely check out zero

+rei+    34654
6 hours ago, Francis J Underwood said:

This so much, but I feel like .hack was executed pretty poorly having actually rewatched within the last decade. 

It's not perfect but I mean we're comparing it to SAO lol 

Blackshoed    9

IDK. I'm reading Death Note for the first time. Rereading the BNHA novels. The usual. But i do have to reccomend Bakuman. Same creators as Death Note and really really good. It's one of my favorite pieces of media ever. 

+rei+    34654

I'm watching Noucome aka 'My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy'

This is hilarious and wonderful trash you should all check it out 

+Urthor    10221

tfw summer season has actually started and continuations of all the series you love to hate Goblin Slayer is here in all of it's family friendly glory

+rei+    34654

Goblin Slayer literally all I've watched this season so far. 

Haruki    9174

jojo's bizarre adventure part 5: golden wind

HououinKyouma    808

ye if you're in it for the fanservice than gs is probably the show for u. i just went in expecting something completely different considering how many ppl i kno are watching it. its almost like made in abyss. if it ticks the boxes 4 u than thats gud, but my expectations were so vastly diff from the actual show.