victor

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

HououinKyouma    811
4 hours ago, Francis J Underwood said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-qSY4IdLNE

If I couldn't recommend this enough. 

idk if this guy is popular or not but he is pretentious af on top of being boring as hell. 11 mins of absolutely nothing lol. 

sorry i tried but this show is just not for me. i think the humor of the show is w.e, didn't laugh once during the first 3 eps. also thought the leads were completely insufferable. it also doesnt help that i also dont think there's a single animu romcom that ive actually enjoyed. the only positive thing i can rlly say about this show is that it's better than most crap that's airing this season i guess? also better than bunny girl w.e but it's not tht hard to clear that bar.

• Upvote 1

+rei+    34669

Mothers Basement is a fuckin hack who can't make a coherent point if his life depended on it

Really Gigguk and his GF Sydsnap are the only anitubers i have any patience for 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, rei said:

Mothers Basement is a fuckin hack who can't make a coherent point if his life depended on it

Really Gigguk and his GF Sydsnap are the only anitubers i have any patience for 

Agreed, but he's not wrong about this show being the RomCom of the season and legitimately funny. 

HououinKyouma    811

I was actually curious to see if my claim of not liking any anime romcoms was accurate and out of curiosity looked through a few "best romcoms" clickbaity lists. I guess I am a heartless person because the only one I really enjoyed was Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. I also fucking loved it so idk man.

+rei+    34669

Tsugumomo is getting another season next year. I'm pretty happy it was nice easily digestible trash I wanted more of but had no expectations of

Haruki    12630

i'm also watching mob psycho 100 ii

• Upvote 1

NB96    854

Is attack of titan good because I don't usually watch anime the only one I've ever seen is dragonball

HououinKyouma    811
2 hours ago, NB96 said:

Is attack of titan good because I don't usually watch anime the only one I've ever seen is dragonball

I mean what do you want/expect out of it? I think someone else can probably comment on it much better than me because personally it's not for me but it's really popular among shounen fans because it hits all those tropes. I would assume it hits all the major beats that dbz hits but again can't really comment on either as I'm personally not a fan of this genre of shows.

• Haha 1

+rei+    34669
13 hours ago, NB96 said:

yeah 

Aaron    2031
On 3/14/2019 at 9:20 PM, NB96 said:

its awesome

its not shounen

its nothing like dbz 

+rei+    34669

well i mean by definition / target audience it's shonen, but it's not your 'use the power of friendship and intense training to overcome big evil' shonen. It's not a battle-arc series like your dragonballs and narutos 

+rei+    34669

(and HK has no idea what the fuck he's talking about) 

• Upvote 1

On 3/14/2019 at 5:20 PM, NB96 said:

Agreed with the above posters. It is distinct from dbz etc . . . because there is an actual overarching plot/story that gets developed (as opposed to boilerplate arcs that get filled in with a new villain).

+rei+    34669

@Aaron have you checked out Goblin Slayer? I feel like you'd dig it. Most people complaining are saying either A: it's too edgy or B: it's too much like berserk. I don't really agree with either and think you'd prob like it

Aaron    2031
5 hours ago, rei said:

@Aaron have you checked out Goblin Slayer? I feel like you'd dig it. Most people complaining are saying either A: it's too edgy or B: it's too much like berserk. I don't really agree with either and think you'd prob like it

Nope. I'll download it now and check it out this week.

Although its MAL rating makes me feel like I'll hate it. 

+rei+    34669

what about it, that it's sub-8?

there's a rape scene in episode one and a good portion of the internet went batshit insane and said it was the worth thing ever released