J o S e J u A n

What was the last film you watched?

Bazoo    5701
[quote name='JewishMilkshake' timestamp='1340036959' post='3211753']
Philiadelphia (1993): Under appreciated. Contains incredible performances by Denzel Washington and Tom Hanks.
[/quote]

Did you watch this on TV? I just watched it too lol. I agree strongly, I was very impressed. I know I watched it as a preteen but it struck a different chord this time.

Oceanus    1125
[i]Snow White and the Huntsman[/i]: Stunning to watch, it just has some really well-imagined visuals that you can tell you have to sink a titanic budget into, it was worth it for that alone.

Could've been better, of course. I think the problem for me is it tries to be too things at once. It bounces back and forth between dark and gritty realism, and fantastic fable-like storytelling. It has Snow White clad in full-plate leading an army to battle, but also has Snow White calm a ravenous forest beast into ambivalence. Personally, I think it would've been sweet as more fable-like. Make Snow White the incarnation of purity; let her lead her army, but in flowing white robes, emanating a divine light that pierces through the corrupt monsters that have taken over her home; stuff like that.

+rei+    34993
[quote name='JewishMilkshake' timestamp='1340036959' post='3211753']
Philiadelphia (1993): Under appreciated. Contains incredible performances by Denzel Washington and Tom Hanks.
[/quote]
Ive never heard anything but the highest praise, curious how its underappreciated.

Oceanus    1125
[i]The Andromeda Strain[/i]: Kind of neat. I was wondering where it was going to go, but it actually got more interesting the longer it went on. It kind of just started throwing itself away the closer it got to the ending, though. It had good ideas, even the ones that were original, but it was sporadic enough that it met mostly negative feedback. Personally, I liked it.

Oceanus    1125
[i]Sin City[/i]: amazing visual style, truly crossed mediums flawlessly. What else do I need to say?
  • Upvote 1

Ammit    5159
Moonrise Kingdom - Wes Anderson's best film easily. Pretty much everything about it is perfect. It's also the only movie I've seen this year that wasn't average or terrible.

+rei+    34993
Abe Lincoln Vamprie Hunter:
fun movie, also taught me the valuable lesson that I still want to fuck Mary Elizabeth Winstead even when she doesn't have weird coloured hair.

Oceanus    1125
[i]Domino[/i]: made me realize I like Scott Ridley's action movies, the colors/shake/skew just really make action feel surreal and sporadic, which sounds right for action. I also loved [i]Enemy of the State[/i] and [i]Man on Fire[/i]. He really knows how to give criminals real character and make lawful characters more controversial than just knights.
  • Downvote 2

Oceanus    1125
[quote name='N e J i' timestamp='1341331509' post='3223445']
You mean Tony Scott, Ridley's brother.

I for one dislike his style.
[/quote]
Ah, right. I had both in my mind while writing, I thought I was going to randomly bring up Ridley, and I decided not to. But yeah, the style is not well-received. That's why I pointed out my opinion on it. It really enhances the adrenaline.

+rei+    34993
[quote name='rkat' timestamp='1341367552' post='3223909']
The Room. i would recommend this to everyone
[/quote]

YOU ' RE TEARING ME APART LISA !

honestly watching [url="http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/25743-the-room"]http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/25743-the-room[/url] is like an awesome highlight reel of the movie once you get past his stupid as fuck framing device.

Ammit    5159
The Room almost ruined Rebel Without A Cause for me.

Wilson    12516
[quote name='rkat' timestamp='1341445115' post='3224676']
[img]http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz271/Wilsonda23/TheRoom_bs.jpg[/img][img]http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz271/Wilsonda23/Untit.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
  • Upvote 4

saw the room a while ago, possibly the most hilariously bad thing i ever seen, but its good in the sense its so awful you can have fun with it, its isn't the pelvic cancer that is Battlefield Earth or the last airbender.

got ghost protocol to watch from ages ago and a few other movies to go through on me torrent list.
Just watched Puss in Boots, about as deep as a petri dish and some of the jokes were a little tired but was bright and fun, and some pretty decent music and animation so was worth the watch (8/10).

Oceanus    1125
[quote name='rei' timestamp='1341416027' post='3224350']
[quote name='rkat' timestamp='1341367552' post='3223909']
The Room. i would recommend this to everyone
[/quote]

YOU ' RE TEARING ME APART LISA !

honestly watching [url="http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/25743-the-room"]http://thatguywithth.../25743-the-room[/url] is like an awesome highlight reel of the movie once you get past his stupid as fuck framing device.
[/quote]
He's a goofy bastard, that's for sure. But he does have good criticisms and a good way of tying a review together at the end.

God Bless America. Fun movie to watch with friends who enjoy current television programming.
  • Upvote 2

┬╗orangeeyes    11863
My sister's watching Scott Pilgrim vs. the World right now and I'm in the same room. I'm only like halfway through it but this movie is pure torture.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

Loz    3642
Persona (1966)

The most challenging film I've ever seen
  • Upvote 1

A`C    781
This week I started watching movies from the 60-70s only. I feel like I miss a lot from those times. Watched some french movies and damn they were good.

Then I came across one while watching TV. Then downloaded it and watched it. Still regret how I missed it. It was - A Clockwork Orange (1971)

Damn, I can't even begin to describe how much I loved this one. The atmosphere, the soundtrack, amazing performance of the leading role, the messages.. Fuckin' loved it.

Anyone who knows old but really good stuff, feel free to send me a message via pm to recommend me some. I'd appreciate it, rly.
  • Upvote 1