Ghosty

The Official Wrestling Thread

16087 posts in this topic

make sure you watch NXT tonight, the Tyler Bate/Trent Seven match is apparently the nuts

Not looking forward to Wrestlemania so far. :(

ya'll crazy

jericho set it up so perfectly.

i was getting into it and right before KO double left turned my brain went into "heel mode"

KO should have hit him the nuts like jericho hit HBK and mania

Matt and Jeff Hardy have left TNA and are more than likely showing up back in WWE in April or May

Concerned because Broken Hardys is the best indy gimmick going, not being able to book the Hardys on your indy show sucks so much for promoters. Also, if WWE writers get a hold of the Broken Matt Hardy character they are guaranteed to fuck it up

On 2/28/2017 at 5:15 PM, Mascis said:

Matt and Jeff Hardy have left TNA and are more than likely showing up back in WWE in April or May

Concerned because Broken Hardys is the best indy gimmick going, not being able to book the Hardys on your indy show sucks so much for promoters. Also, if WWE writers get a hold of the Broken Matt Hardy character they are guaranteed to fuck it up

Yeah Drew Galloway isn't returning either. IIRC the Hardys do want to go back to WWE but it'd be better to stay in the indy scene for another year or so. 

Also with the the way things are with Omega/Cole would Cole be turning on Omega as he would join WWE soon especially w/ the Young Bucks being away for 2 months from NJPW?

1 hour ago, 7hhzz7 said:

Yeah Drew Galloway isn't returning either. IIRC the Hardys do want to go back to WWE but it'd be better to stay in the indy scene for another year or so. 

Also with the the way things are with Omega/Cole would Cole be turning on Omega as he would join WWE soon especially w/ the Young Bucks being away for 2 months from NJPW?

a ton of names have left tna, becuase tna wants them to not have guaranteed money and they want to control indy dates

drew, the hardys, jade, mike and maria

they are basically gonna hit the reset button, bury the old tna product, and try and do new things

- i don't think drew is wwe bound soon. has a good thing going with evolve and wcpw.

- hardys not having tna income is huge for the broken characters. jeremy borash was one of the key guys behind the production, and they need a producer to continue what they are doing. matt can't do that alone. they don't wanna go to wwe because they have families and they will probably lose creative control a lot of things if they don't negotiate, but they can make so much money if they go back it's kinda hard to resist i would think. fyi, jeff hardy at his peak drew more and sold more merch than cm punk at his peak.

- i personally think the mike bennett is prototypical wwe performer, yet he hasn't gone to the company yet. i think that he could be a serious player there given the right push. however, smart money is that he'll end up back in roh.

- omega/cole tension is good because it makes the bullet club more interesting. i'm still betting they give omega the title in the summer before the g1. i think omega is comfortable with how things are for him, and i don't think he's going to be going to new york anytime soon. give it a year maybe.

- adam cole is more likely to show up wwe within a years time than omega is.

Fastlane was utter garbage but did what was needed. Braun losing clean doesn't kill him but kinda makes you go "so what was the point?" If he is just gonna lose to Roman.

anyway, Meltzer reports that the hardy are taking Indy dates now, and are gonna be in ROH full time. This is a actually the best from a fan prerspective imo 

So glad I skipped this PPV, saw the shitstorm on twitter about it. 

pretty much sums up my thoughts

really can't stand adam or what culture in general. however, i think wcpw is neat lol

what i can't really stand is why they use stats to add to the build of a match when they just don't mean anything in the end

34 minutes ago, Mascis said:

really can't stand adam or what culture in general. however, i think wcpw is neat lol

what i can't really stand is why they use stats to add to the build of a match when they just don't mean anything in the end

see i love adam and agree with the majority of what he says

also he got me a bunch of drinks at nxt london a few years ago when me and a friend sat next to him so yknow

hes a pretty sweet dude

sounds like a real nice chap, too bad he and i differ on wrestling opinions

im thinking that if they don't do the double turn on lesnar / goldberg there is no way they are gonna salvage this

i think that a ton of "casual" fans like goldberg, last night he was certainly over. however, EVERYONE wants to see him actually have a match. the pop for him beating brock quick was good. the pop for him in the rumble was good. this match, however, was so predictable and so insulting to the fans' intelligence that i can't see how going into RAW in Chicago tonight that goldberg is gonna get a babyface pop

Yeah it's pretty bad like I can see Brock doing the same shit on Goldberg at WM, though their last match back in what 2004 WM where it was a shit fest bc their contracts were pretty much over so they didn't care. I'm not really keen on WM this year though with AA going after Neville it'll be one of the couple of matches I'll see that night. Also when Finn Balor returns he's issued a shot for the Universal Title as he gave it up due to injury, Owens will be issued a rematch when he wants and could we just revert back to August for all of this? I'm not sure where WWE is going with this though I believe Lesnar will win at WM regardless.

lesnar is 99.9% winning i think

big problem with lesnar is that he's hard to beat clean, you pretty much always need a gimmick to get a win over him or beat him with someone who've you position

you could probably have owens vs. lesnar finally and have joe do a run-in to beat lesnar, then do a balor vs. owens program

seth will probably go after joe after he beats triple h at mania so thats a good transition to beating

idk who you but balor against during the time period after mania and before summer slam. would be hilarious for balor to win the universal title twice at summer slam though

---------------------------

anyway, the above is all fantasy booking

i wanna ask dgz prograps people a serious question. How do you all feel about the AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon match? I think the way they've gone about doing this was kinda ass-backwards. First with Randy relinquishing the title shot, then the battle royal tie (despite AJ clearly wining), then AJ winning over Harper. Like, definitively he should be facing Bray at Mania. He'll probably lose to Orton or get screwed somehow tonight, prompting the match with Shane. If anything though, he should be in the fucking match. There isn't a reason they can't make it a three way.

Saw in a spoiler that Lesnar wins [if goldberg doesn't renew contract] & roman beats taker then they go on to fight for the title. If so, well that's more depressing than watching TNA repackage itself from last night.

Bruh, Paige/Brad Maddox/Xavier Rhodes sex tape leaked and Paige can give some head.

I can't post a link here bc of new rules but someone on twitter posted one w/ Jim Ross commentary.

google "wwe paige eroshare" 

Summer and Emma should be back either at mania or after

Balor basically confirmed for after mania at this point

Hardys entered new negotiations with WWE

fun fact i learned from twitter today, Kenny Omega used to play Yu-gi-oh!

i know its UFC but she did make a cameo in wrestlemania

but ronda rousey was a mod for a pokemon forum when she was 16