Sign in to follow this  
Liquid Snake

Premiership Discussion [R]

»Liquid Snake    4567
they were at HOME and they weren't playing the strongest of teams.

Same goes for Man U who didn't win and Arsenal who won only 1-0.

»PJ    4183
Mentally retarded? My IQ is 89%

IQ doesn't come in percentages :rolleyes:

On topic: After seeing the Liverpool highlights and the Keane/Torres slipup, I think one of them needs to take on the role of 'lead striker' quickly. Having Keane behind Torres would probably be the best imo.

Takeo    1
Mentally retarded? My IQ is 89%

IQ doesn't come in percentages :rolleyes:

On topic: After seeing the Liverpool highlights and the Keane/Torres slipup, I think one of them needs to take on the role of 'lead striker' quickly. Having Keane behind Torres would probably be the best imo.

That's immaterial though, cuz that fuckup could happen to any two players in the box.. and the way sunderland were playing, so tight + compact.. there would never have been any space for Keane to drop off and Torres to play on the shoulder of the CBs... But in future, YES .. this is the way it is going to work when they are both playing.

Need them wingers, though.

Shaheed tells me Maxi R has a 14m release clause. Sign the bastard already, so that i can get over missing out on Bentley!... Hell, even get Lennon the cheap if you can 5m or less cuz he'll do more than Pennant.. ESPECIALLY off the bench when we need to break games. Seb Larsson is still a good cheap option to plug the hole for awhile.. and he is the sex at set-pieces... and Drenthe has been linked on-loan with so many clubs, including us i was surprised to hear. He's quality... and is arguably better than Larsson at direct freekicks... and is probably one of the best at set-pieces all-round (delivery included ;/)... up there with the best... the sneijders, pirlos, VdVs, ashley Youngs, Barrys!, Shoreys (lol all you want).

---

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/7570584.stm

Joaquin for 9m. GIMME, GIMME... !

Zigic is good, too... season long-loan, could be useful!.. Crouch replacement for those hard times ;)

Aaron    2012

i actually want lennon. the kid at a big club i think would shine. we need his flair, direct runing and pace in our squad. we would be so lethal on counterattacks. gerrard to lennon to torres. :| i dont wanna loan drenthe without an option to buy (which madrid will NOT agree to!). i'd rather keep giving babel time on the pitch tbh just like utd did ronaldo.

the americans have kept to their side of the deal of one superstar a season. rafa decided he'd get keane. lets just hope that pays off. how good is lucas's delivery btw? hes still young. i wouldnt mind rafa trying him on the right since the battle for the midfield spots is tight (mascherano, alonso, stevie, plessis). out of all of them, lucas is definitley the one with the pace to play on the right for us (even if its just him covering that position... im worrying a little for lucas cos battling for a first team place between stevie+mascherano+alonso will be so difficult and i don't want his development as a player to be halted/stunted).

and LS, utd's results are irrelevant. they are missing so many key players, lost giggs/carrick to injury part way through the match and they were playing newcastle who were obv fired up by keegan brilliantly. if they were only missing ronaldo and a midfielder (liek chelsea missing drogba +essien).. then its comparable. arsenals result of 1-0 was dissapointing on paper but during the match, did u ever think they'd lose?

»Muffin    1

I knew after the save on Campbells first header that United would only get 1 point out of that match. It just seemed like one of those days when a poor team is really fired up and plays out of their socks.

»Liquid Snake    4567
arsenals result of 1-0 was dissapointing on paper but during the match, did u ever think they'd lose?

No but losing isn't the next step down from losing. A team can be completely dominant while it's only 1-0 there's still the chance of a draw, the game isn't dead.

Newcaslte were missing players too but even with half their squad missing Man U can still put out of a far stronger line-up than Newcastle's.

Aaron    2012

i think newcastle are underrated. given was on form, utd had no proven striker.

Takeo    1
i actually want lennon. the kid at a big club i think would shine. we need his flair, direct runing and pace in our squad. we would be so lethal on counterattacks. gerrard to lennon to torres. :| i dont wanna loan drenthe without an option to buy (which madrid will NOT agree to!). i'd rather keep giving babel time on the pitch tbh just like utd did ronaldo.

Lennon is one-dimensional, he's not a great winger... he'd be good to plug the hole.. that's all. He's not as good as anyone in that tier below Ronaldo-Messi-Ribery....; I wouldn't mind Vicente, even though he's injury-prone (although like I him, I think Valencia's medical staff are SHITE). Vicente on his game was the best left-winger in the world!... Malik will back me up on this, i hope xD.

And Drenthe, if he has a great season with us... then we'll just bid... it doesn't matter. They're happy with their Marcelo now... with a bit of persuasion and cash, they'll get Drenthe go eventually.. just pray Drenthe comes and Marcelo continues to have a good season.

the americans have kept to their side of the deal of one superstar a season. rafa decided he'd get keane. lets just hope that pays off. how good is lucas's delivery btw? hes still young. i wouldnt mind rafa trying him on the right since the battle for the midfield spots is tight (mascherano, alonso, stevie, plessis). out of all of them, lucas is definitley the one with the pace to play on the right for us (even if its just him covering that position... im worrying a little for lucas cos battling for a first team place between stevie+mascherano+alonso will be so difficult and i don't want his development as a player to be halted/stunted).

Lucas is not a winger, and again it solves no problems... he isn't going to run at ppl and beat them... nor is he going to hug the touchline for any period of the match.. he will ALWAYS leave the line and come inside... which doesn't solve the problem of width.

and LS, utd's results are irrelevant. they are missing so many key players, lost giggs/carrick to injury part way through the match and they were playing newcastle who were obv fired up by keegan brilliantly. if they were only missing ronaldo and a midfielder (liek chelsea missing drogba +essien).. then its comparable. arsenals result of 1-0 was dissapointing on paper but during the match, did u ever think they'd lose?

United should still be beating Newcastle at home... NCL are not even a UEFA-Cup side anymore (for quality of team)... unfortunately. And they destroyed the careers of some great players who went there for revival/kickstarts... the Luques (started off brilliantly), Emre (never allowed to assume a playmaker's role), Owen (okay he's not been fit much.. but used as a right-winger? just sell him already if you won't use him properly!)... goes on n on n on.. not to mention all their players being susceptible to injuries becuz their training facilities are notoriously hard.

i think newcastle are underrated. given was on form, utd had no proven striker.

Newcastle aren't underrated, they ARE terrible. And as a fan of football, I'd like to see them do fairly well... but they've had terrible managers over the years who have made terrible decisions (King Kev included-- he's not really a manager, just a motivator!).... and i would "LUV IT IF WE BEAT THEM.. LUV IT!" (XDDDDDDDDD). Bless him xD

I think Newcaslte are terrible and that Martins needs to move to Liverpool.

Fuck Martins

lol i'd love martins :|

Fuck Martins

Also, are you all blind? B'burn... Joaquin and Zigic... 9m + Loan for Zig.... that's ridiculous. Go ince LOL!

Aaron    2012

joaquin+zigic is a sick deal. :| didnt know that flying around.

lennon imo is better than any other RMF options we have apart from stevie.

we'll see where newcastle finish this season =P.

Takeo    1
joaquin+zigic is a sick deal. :| didnt know that flying around.

lennon imo is better than any other RMF options we have apart from stevie.

we'll see where newcastle finish this season =P.

well, top 10 finish is possible... but nothing better than 9th or 10th (and that's on some crazy Duff-inspired form!!)...

Spurs, Villa, Pompey are all vying for UEFA cup. City will hope to be doing so once their off-the-field problems settle down (they're not going away permanently any time soon...) and B'burn will hope that Joaquin-Zigic-Gamst&Santa Claus can give them a t10 finish... whilst West Ham will be hoping the same of Ashton and their new signings (in which I still include the likes of Faubert becuz they barely played last season....). The league is VERY interesting below the top4...

Enough waffle. Newcastle aren't getting Europe... and I don't think Blackburn are getting relegated or fighting relegation IF Ince makes the signings we're hearing about (PLUS some defenders... he deffo needs some defenders and another solid CM!... Vogel doesnt count as quality)!

»Muffin    1

Newcastle are underrated. They have the best goalkeeper in the EPL after United, Pool and Chelski. They have a lot of good players and i think they will challenge for a UEFA cup spot this season.

And Scolari sucks

»Liquid Snake    4567
Newcastle are underrated. They have the best goalkeeper in the EPL after United, Pool and Chelski. They have a lot of good players and i think they will challenge for a UEFA cup spot this season.

And Scolari sucks

And Aston Villa.

Also World Cup winning managers do not suck.

»Muffin    1

He's a terrible tactician and he has never done well at club level.

Rafa is a better manager and that's saying a lot.

Takeo    1

And Scolari sucks

Keegan has said himself, and a lot of fans, that top half finish would be great given the circumstances.. but Europe will be expected over the next few seasons. They care about their UEFA cup, do them Geordies, like we care about our Champions League on Merseyside!.. at least on the Red half... which is more like Red 3/4, now!

He's a terrible tactician and he has never done well at club level.

Rafa is a better manager and that's saying a lot.

Scolari, terrible tactician? He's not a shit tactician... he's got very good man management skills and, unorthodox, but very sound tactical prowess. I wouldn't say he's one of the top 5 managers in the world, no, but he's still very very good!

Rafa is probably the world's single-best tactician as far as tactics alone go (Hiddink, Capello & Mourinho behind). As far as being a manager goes, saying rafa is a better manager 'is saying a lot' is so stupid. Rafa is a very good manager, get over it. Yes, he can be frustrating cuz he is quite stubborn and demands promises to be followed through with... (like at Valencia before)... but when we talk about how stubborn he is... it's not saying he's shit it's more like saying how great he could be if he was a little less stubborn in the market and a little more open-minded! Of course, he IS a spanish coach... and they traditionally suck at picking players.. and club directors aren't much better as far as the top 4 clubs go... star power + reputation only it seems!

You all forget that he is like Mourinho, younger in fact.. and they are both extremely young and VERY VERY successful + respected. QSF is on their level in most departments, just not in motivation (ala Mourinho) and he's more stubborn as far as dealing with players in his own squad... and transfers.. than a certain Spaniard whose office has an L4 postcode (although tactically, he isn't TOO far behind!).

Aaron    2012

aston villa are not underrated. anyone with half a brain and who watched them last season knows they have a great young team with lots of pace and skill.

chelsea will win this year, not just because of scolari, but because they simply have a large set of experienced great players.

i love rafa but in the market he is frustrating and slow. hes also not the best at mindgames (aka firing up drogba for the chelsea away leg last season). he also failed to note last year until later into the season that we did not have enough quality in our squad to rotate to the extent he wanted.

»Catalyst    198

Newcastle : Only team ever to lose their first 3 champions league group-games but still manage to make it to the knockout round.

Takeo    1
aston villa are not underrated. anyone with half a brain and who watched them last season knows they have a great young team with lots of pace and skill.

chelsea will win this year, not because of scolari, but because they simply have a large set of experienced great players.

Well, Scolari will play a big part... becuz he'll have them playing GOOD football. The only question mark is how will they play vs a stacked, no-major-injury Arsenal/Utd/Lpool side... dealing with the problems that the other t4 clubs bring (or rather the tactical problems that Arsenal present and the awkwardness of a Rafa side... with Utd, it's really just their aggressiveness and controlling the flair players that needs to be addressed... easier said than done!).

His squad, stacked with quality, and the new 7player bench.. means that when his Xmas tree (loosely speaking) ain't working.. he can get those wingers on... daddy wingers/wide-SecondStrikers.... Malouda, Joe Cole, SWP!... even Kalou deserves a mention..... and they will save the day.

He's not been good in the market either! I wonder how involved he will even be in signing players, I bet you the majority of the players will be strongly pushed for by the Sporting/Technical Director, Frank Arnesen?