Rich Franklin vs. Matt Hamill

Dan Henderson vs. Rousimar Palhares

Martin Kampmann vs. Nathan Marquardt

Thiago Tavares vs. Kurt Pellegrino

Tim Boetsch vs. Michael Patt

Dong Hyun Kim vs. Matt Brown

Jason Lambert vs. Jason MacDonald

Roan Carneiro vs. Ryo Chonan

*Karo Parisyan vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida scrapped at the last-minute, Karo withdrew due to a back injury. (Gutted... was REALLY looking fwd to that one).

Let's hear your predictions n wants/wishful thinking..

Chuck Liddell vs. Rashad Evans | Prediction: Chuck, will TKO a star-struck Evans who starts to get into gear a little too late, late in the 2nd round.

Rich Franklin vs. Matt Hamill | Prediction: Toss up between Franklin decision & Hamill decision... But since I have to lean one way, it'll be Franklin picking Hamill apart on the feet with good footwork... 29-28 Unanimous Decision | Want: Franklin to KO him / submit him early (fat chance, worst stylistic match for Rich).. and then fight Machida next month!

Dan Henderson vs. Rousimar Palhares | Prediction: Hendo survives a few scares on the way to a decision... If Palhares throws a leglock though, and is cornered properly by Bustamante.. he's got a good chance of catching the headstrong Hendo.

Martin Kampmann vs. Nathan Marquardt | Prediction: Another close one... Marquardt by SPLIT decision- by virtue of takedowns & top position, plus size advantage- after an entertaining bout.. especially on the feet (where Kampmann gets the better.. but then gets taken down). Kampann down to 170 plz. | Want: Kampmann to win.

Thiago Tavares vs. Kurt Pellegrino | Predition: depends which Thiago shows up... but Thiago by 3rd round submission. | Want: Thiago better turn up!!.. he's as inconsistent as a certain Phenom & a certain hard-headed olympian greco fighting out of Temecula, CA.

Tim Boetsch vs. Michael Patt | Prediction: Boetsch by 1st round TKO.

Dong Hyun Kim vs. Matt Brown | Prediction: DHK by unanimous decision... Kim peps him on the feet with a long jab.. eats a few kicks... n then after throwing Matt Brown once or twice, beautiful lanky-Korean take on Judo, and some VICIOUS ground n pound... he wins.

Jason Lambert vs. Jason MacDonald | Prediction: Jason Mac by 3rd round choke...RNC/Triangle... after being pounded by Lambert the first two rounds. | Want: a J-Mac submission!

Roan Carneiro vs. Ryo Chonan. | Prediction: Carneiro by 2nd round submission..., he will lose the 3rd round if it gets that far (lack of cardio). I sure hope Chonan's been drilling his "signature" flying leg-scissors-into-a heel hook! (LOL!!). ;)

WOKKA    227

Chuck vs Evans- Chuck shows off his TDD and batters Rashad. Chuck by TKO.

Franklin vs Hamill- Hamill takes him down and controls him enough to score a decision. Unless he's robbed again. Hamill by decision.

Kampman vs Marquandt- MMA math says Kampman, my gut says Kampman, Kampman by triangle choke.

Henderson vs Palhares- Henderson could easily win by knockout but I think this fight will go to the ground. Pal by kimura or knee bar.

Kim vs Brown- Stun gun will ground and pound Brown into a coma. TKO by strikes. Hopefully Kim will land a powerful slam on him.

Takeo    1
Kampman vs Marquandt- MMA math says Kampman, my gut says Kampman, Kampman by triangle choke.

While Kampmann's grappling is underrated.. he's the smaller man going up against someone who is a BJJ black belt... and very good (gi and no-gi)..... this is a guy who's competed at the full ADCC (not just qualifiers).. lost to Lister if I remember (but of course he beat Dean Lister convincingly in MMA... shut down Dean's XYZ and Rubber guard game). In short, on paper.. Marquardt has a decent advantage on the ground over Kampmann.

Spectre    29

Lister made Marquart look amateurish when they grappled.

Takeo    1

in ADCC? yes. sure did.

was very different when they fought in the UFC, though. WAY more different than you'd have thought it wuda been. Dunno why. Tentavity perhaps (especially on Lister's part?).

Lister-Maia.. can't wait to see that one.. although Maia's way higher up the food chain at 185...

Takeo    1
also, no way Brown makes it to a decision.

I'm just happy there are 3 people out of 3 in this thread who understand that Kim is quality... and will have some great match-ups with the t10 welterweights down the line...

same with Yoshiyuki Yoshida (although I think he can make 155.. and i would LOVE to see him there... Yoshida & BJ in the clinch lolol.. now that's the stuff of fantasy... Yoshiyuki throws ppl without a gi as though they've got a gi on with the heaviest invisible lapels you've ever seen). just to clarify: not saying Zenko beats BJ, actually he gets mauled at present... BUT them in the clinch is a great fantasy question like Tiger vs. Lion.

WOKKA    227

in ADCC? yes. sure did.

was very different when they fought in the UFC, though. WAY more different than you'd have thought it wuda been. Dunno why. Tentavity perhaps (especially on Lister's part?).

Lister-Maia.. can't wait to see that one.. although Maia's way higher up the food chain at 185...

That fight would probably go the distance, Maia winning.

Takeo    1

in ADCC? yes. sure did.

That fight would probably go the distance, Maia winning.

Agree. Dean would have to hope that Maia has a once in a life time brain-freeze n posts a leg out or let's Dean stand in his guard... ain't happening!.. so Deano ain't getting that kneebar/heel hook!

Spectre    29

Off to watch the event in the hooters next to serra's gym. bitches.

Takeo    1
Off to watch the event in the hooters next to serra's gym. bitches.

ill be streaming it here from 3AM to 6AM... on the comp... whilst somewher in the middle i'll be eating some juicy steak (thank you foreman) & some other stuff before my fast starts at like 4:20AM!

Spectre.. your predictions please, biatch! :rolleyes:

WOKKA    227

ROFL!!!!!!!! I guess this will set up the most boring fight in the history of MMA, Machida vs Evans, may god have mercy on our souls.

Drag0nic    0

All I can say is, "WOW." Somebody got knocked the fuck out!

Indignation    2858

WOW. I seriously thought Chuck was dead for a second. In normal time and the first camera angle they had he fell fast, really fast and hard. I thought his neck cracked in the punch.

Evans deserves a title shot NOW!

Drag0nic    0

That was brutal. Evans does indeed.

WOKKA    227

I hope Evans fights Lyoto after this so I only have to stay awake for 15 minutes instead of 25. XD

Now I see why Evans is so boring, every time he takes chances he knocks someone the fuck out, he's probably scared he's going to kill someone. XD

Takeo    1

http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?showto...t=0&start=0

4: Rashad has a chance like I have a chance of surviving a gunshot to the head.

Lol.

Now okay, none of us predicted a Rashad win... but i dont think you got a single main card prediction right...

Hammill lost

Kampmann lost

Palhares lost

oh wait u did get Kim's semi-right... Kim won but not by TKO!

what happend man. off-night or are you just daft? XD

WOW. I seriously thought Chuck was dead for a second. In normal time and the first camera angle they had he fell fast, really fast and hard. I thought his neck cracked in the punch.

same man. The reverse angle from behind was just brutal. i was worried as hell. i was chatting to gurnit while watching, ask him bout my reaction. i was shawkd.

Now I see why Evans is so boring, every time he takes chances he knocks someone the fuck out, he's probably scared he's going to kill someone. XD

what? huh? =/.

This is the 3rd time Chuck has lost a set-up fight he has been looking past. I didn't say it cuz everyone was saying how Hackleman sez he hadnt seen Chuck so focussed since the first Tito fight... but i mean it's happened 3 times (Couture 1- setup for Tito, Jardine- set up for 'Page re-match, now Rashad- for title shot vs Forrest). He was talking too much about a title shot imo... but i duno.. he wasnt doing a bad job... he just pressed a little too much, went too far in... his uppercut was just a little off and Rashad's counter (thrown 1/2 a second after chuck telegraphed his uppercut by planting the legs) was the perfect counter (overhand right) that landed perfectly on the critical area. Now that's either the result of amazing coaching, padwork and HARDWORK.. or amazing luck (or maybe a bit of both?).

It is kinda weird though. Rashad was deffo looking extremely nervous. I mean he was semi-dancing off his nerves to the Mike Tyson DMX intro that chuck comes out to.. lol. Then first round he was backpeddling, dancing around... threw a kick, landed a few soft speculative efforts with the hands.. n that was it... chuck was pressing it - without that there's no fight! ah wells, harsh reality. Chuck pressed too much not long ago vs Rampage... boom, great fadeaway right-hook from Rampage...

Chuck keeps his hands low (helps him to plant them feet n fire the powershots) but if he's gonna do that he has to keep the distancing and COUNTER-FIGHT.. he knows that... and even Jon Hackelman was saying to him in the corner: movement + dont follow him... n the other guy (glover txeiria?? i coudlnt make it out on the stream) was saying 'you be patient!' right after i think..!

Every time chuck has been down in his career has been from a counter punch, or pretty much every time.. ain't it?...

Be funny if Rashad gets Wandy (not happening, unlikely... and of course Wandy might not even be free.. it's either him or Shogun vs Rampage... n we're getting conflicting reports atm). But imagine if the same thing happens just like Keith Jardine all over again. Wanderlei defeats cocky, overconfident fighter by DEATH STRIKES! xDDD (huge difference ofcourse is that Rashad can EASILY take Wandy down.. n will.. n wud prolly win a 3-round decision if he doesnt stop it on the ground. Wanderlei may be a blk-belt but he's not active on his back n does little more than grab n hold...)

Very impressed by Rich. Great fleet footwork, GREAT angles as usual... and each time Hammill leaned forward slightly thinking bout the shoot... Rich hit him with some good knees (one beautiful flying knee looked in mid-flight as tho it cud be highlight reel material!!). Great bodykick to finish it..

As much as his pride wants it, i hope he doesnt try to push to be Machida's opponent next month... the UFC are hard-pushed to find someone in 6 weeks... i mean like, who. The underrated but still not top-level Boetsch?... Whoever's free out of Shogun and Wandy (i doubt Shogun wud take it as his comeback from knee injury so early) ?... Chuck cud ask for it.. since he needs it, very few options on his part now?... n then there's rich if he pleads for it!

Chuck's options now?:

-push for and take the machida fight next month

-ask for anderson on NYEve and in that fight.. he HAS to land the moneyshot on Anderson.. (highly unlikely.. but Chuck might feel okay, make or break...)

-Wait awhile.. hope Randy loses to Brock... and setup Randy-Chuck numero4.. last stop... if he loses his next fight (be it Machida, Anderson or someone way lower).. he HAS to hope Randy loses to brock.. n hence has to step down to 205 for the time being...

most of my main card (and other notable fight picks) were quite accurate. all right cept main event...

Kim decision'd Brown

Marquardt beat Kampmann by ko (i thought split decision)

J-Mac got the submission. RNC!!

Boetsch TKO 1st round (perfect.. EXACTLY how i imagined it)

Henderson beats Palhares by decision and survives leg-lock attempt!!! knew it'd happen [Oh Danny Boy - make sure you call up John Machado n say ThankYou!!]

Rich beats Hammill

my stream was piss-poor tonight. gona hav to watch some of the fights again 2mrw off share/linker.. ahwell.

decent card. and kim is a nob for not establishing the clinch once on my screen (doesnt seem like he did it while my stream had cut... =/ ).

Takeo    1
You write more per post than anyone ever.

Rofl, you seem annoyed....

he has full reason to be xD!

Spectre    29

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silly shaheed and his man love for Who-see-mir.

I am vindicated through Dan. I split on the chuck fight. I did 2 mma fantasy leagues and ended up picking chuck in one and rashad in the other so meh.

Franklin fight was a fix i say!

Chuck should either retire or at least take a safe fight in 2009 like...a post being mauled by Brock Lesnar, Randy Couture?

Other than that, I don't see many relevant people at 205/HW that Chuck could beat anymore, he is a bad striker. Punches hard, but technically a bad striker.

Takeo    1
Franklin fight was a fix i say!

Chuck should either retire or at least take a safe fight in 2009 like...a post being mauled by Brock Lesnar, Randy Couture?

Other than that, I don't see many relevant people at 205/HW that Chuck could beat anymore, he is a bad striker. Punches hard, but technically a bad striker.

I duno. it's possible that they agreed something with Hammill (being good friends and KNOWING that rich's career NEEDS this.. and that at 205, the only real ppl who can screw with shut-out 3-rounders are world-class wrestlers like Hammill!). Maybe Hammill just froze? He did get the takedown once... but other than that, he seemed tentative (friendship or respect for the striking? either or...) but Rich did do well... with them knees especially! that bodykick was beautiful.

I'm anxious to find out who Machida will get. Please do not be Chuck/Franklin.. don't wana see it yet... please be (wishful thinking) whoever ISN'T fighting Rampage out of Shogun & Wandy!!

I told you hendo would win unless toquinho pulls ((vishnu))guard and gets a sub.

well that's stating the obvious. That's like saying, I told you 'x' would lose unless 'y' knocks him out.

The point was, he wasn't gonna sub hendo... i KNEW he'd come close. Even said that he will survive a leg-lock scare did i not? And it would take some headstrong carelessness from Hendo to get caught in the guard n then submitted! need to see that fight again online.. i only caught like 30secs where Toquinho threw some capoeira-style kicks... and the post-fight interview.

Pulling-guard just isn't the same anymore once you've seen the vishnu-guard. If you want 100% success you have to pull vishnu guard / start from rubber.. go to new york->chill dogg -> vishnu.

The vishnu-guard is definitely the future. I can't believe none us realised the potential of the 3rd leg!!

but more seriously:: wrestler-friendly, high side-mount is the future. Once Lesnar realizes that.. not even the Nogs, Werdums and Gonzagas can do it. Our hopes will rest on a certain master of escapes, Roger Gracie (who will not be escaping my 'rubber ducky armbar').