Farley

What games are you currently playing?

NB96    806

If anyone enjoys the Dark Souls series you should try Nioh. It's so similar to Dark Souls you'd think they'd get in trouble with the law for copyright or whatever, but the game is supposed to have really good reviews. Dark Souls in an ancient Japanese setting pretty much.

+Urthor    10238

Torment Tides of Numenera soon!

Battle brothers, neato turn based game that's about to hit 1.0, pretty good combat n stuff do like

Deus Ex Mankind Divided DLC now that all the story DLC has gotten a release

Caves of Qud, don't know if I mentioned this but it's a pretty good roguelike honestly

Project Cars: bought on sale and refunded, body was not ready for a sim heavy racer, no not at all

The Enchanted Cave 2: Flashback to my past playing Kongai on Kongregate and all the other cool flash games on there, love

Hitman episodic reboot.  This game is actually really good and the 15 dollars for the first level of so is one of the best purchases I've ever made.  It's the perfect "I am time poor" AAA, gives me just the amount of hitman I want with about 5-10 hours and 1-2 levels, then I get bored and move onto another game and just leave it.  

Shadowverse TCG: Literally Hearthstone, Literally.  

Enderal: finished my playthrough of this, I'll be back once the DLC type relase hits.  Didn't enjoy it as much as Nehrim but that's mostly because Skyrim's gameplay is really dated, it's been 6 years AAA games have moved on a ton.  

80 Days.  Best ios/android game bar none.  Compared to clash of clans n shit this game is like jesus.  

• Upvote 1

Aaron    1983

games:

fall out new vegas (pc) w/graphics mods - dropped the game for now, about halfway through and not invested in the factions at all.. i honestly dont give a fuck about any of them, idk what it is about western rpg telling but its so behind in regards to JRPG personality

Hopefully will pick it back up but its just not holding my attention.

trails: cold steel Ps3 - fucking hell, only on chapter 4, put 37 hours into this and its beautiful. Its like a really really well written piece of media portraying an intimate story that couldn't be fully realised via any other form of media. unlike new vegas for example, where im tempted to skip text, these guys really know how to deliver a stellar cast and build a slowly evolving plot. 

big fan of falcom now. i thought trails in the sky was a fluke of a good game but i think maybe falcom's story telling in RPGs is just borderline ridiculous aslong as you don't mind a bit of linearity and text. 

• Upvote 1

+Urthor    10238

Western RPGs are all about the Dungeons and dragons man, the character sheet>>>>>>>>factional alignment in almost all storytelling.  Especially for the Infinity engine reboots like Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment, it's all about the character sheet and the individual protagonist.

+Urthor    10238

Honestly didn't like it that much in the end.  Loved the writing, but the crisis were generally mandatory and mostly awful, really ruined the game for me.  plus the companions weren't that sharp.  

NB96    806
On 28 February 2017 at 1:19 AM, Urthor said:

Hitman episodic reboot.  This game is actually really good and the 15 dollars for the first level of so is one of the best purchases I've ever made.  It's the perfect "I am time poor" AAA, gives me just the amount of hitman I want with about 5-10 hours and 1-2 levels, then I get bored and move onto another game and just leave it.  

Was thinking about picking up Hitman but I haven't committed to it just yet. I realise the game is mainly about replay value but I wouldn't want to finish it in a day or two. There's only so long you can replay levels before you get bored I guess.

Edited by NB96

+Urthor    10238

I mean that's for the 15 dollar version.  You can buy 7-8 levels for 45 dollars and get the full game.  

Aaron    1983

I'm starting cold steel 2 as my next game whenever i cba to put it on my ps3. 

i feel like a weaboo... watching anime and enjoying JRPGs the most. i could easily swap them for a generic US RPG and netflix but am i the only person who genuinely thinks the japanese are a class above in regards to storytelling etc.? 

• Upvote 1

Indignation    2856

I fell behind in my gaming lol.

Ff15 (I keep exploring and getting killed lol, finally gonna start doing the story)

Dead space (almost done, luckily it's short but fun)

Earthlock: The festival of Magic

Shiness: The lightning kingdom

Persona 4 golden

Dragon Quest 8 3DS

Kingdom hearts 3DS (after DQ8)

I'm always playing:

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius

Brave Frontier

Edited by Indignation

If you like FPS you need to be playing Titanfall 2. The devs that got fucked over from Infinity Ward after Modern Warfare 2 went on to found Respawn. Respawn was acquired by EA, but because the first game didn't do as well as they hoped, Respawn was pretty much free to do what it wanted with the sequel with little executive meddling.  What has resulted has been my favorite shooter of the generation so far, better than Doom due to its awesome multi, and much deeper and faster than its Call of Duty pedigree would imply. The people who knew what they were doing a decade ago at the apex of that shooter zeitgeist all seem to have gone here. Hitscan and projectile weapons with comparable effiicacy, an extremely fluid movement system, grappling hooks, giant robots--what more can man ask for besides marijuana, blowjobs and Mexican beer? 

It's the closest thing to an arena shooter a stop-and-pop descendant has gotten to, and it's done it far better than Blops 3 or Advanced Warfare. If you're waiting for the new Quake and are playing UT in alpha/beta/whatever it may not be so impressive, but many standard weapons and movement principles from those lineages appear in the game. I will say it's not Tribes.

The campaign is also short and sweet, if that matters to you. 

The cash shop is purely for cosmetics, and one only "prestiges" for cosmetics. A day of online multi or less if you're decent or playing on a 2XP weekend will get you everything. All DLC has been free including new weapons , maps, and modes. A horde mode that was in the first game is soon to be released for this one. The devs actually give a shit about balance and give regular updates. It's as benign as any tumor generated by EA in a long time.

I've also been playing Parasite Eve II on Nightmare Mode because of course I am.

robotwaifu.png

• Upvote 1

Aaron    1983

Finished Uncharted 3 in preparation for 4 (I play all my games a year later after release minimum).

Uncharted 3 on PS4... beautiful experience, but so flawed. I felt like I was playing an interactive film. The quicktime events were awful, the hand to hand combat was the worst I've experienced from a third person action game, the shooting was okay but the AI was thick as shit. 

But.. cinematically beautiful. Characters awesome for what they are, atmosphere great, story excellent for what it is, set pieces gold standard in video games, but SO much of it is out of my control. Rather than thinking "what shall I do", I'm thinking "what does the game designer want me to do next". No linearity in ANYTHING apart from a few optional stealth or go guns blazing. The worst thing about the franchise is the platforming. This is NOT a platformer.. its just a pseudo movie experience. A platformer is something like Mario with tight as fuck controls and a genuinely skill based and challenging system of learning.  You really realise how good a video game is when it can live and die by its gameplay. Mario does it with platforming, Dark souls does it with combat.  For all the cinematic draw it does hold, The Last of Us trounces it in every department which makes me feel like.. .is this really worth it. 

Enjoyed the experience but Tomb Raider (2013) >>>>>>>>>>> Uncharted 3 in every way. The inorganic set pieces which Naughty Dog put into place are too much for me. 

Next game I've picked up is Witcher 1. Instantly drawn into the lore of the story, characterisation seems really solid, combat is shit but addictive, the depth of the combat system though is quite phenomenal. For the first time in a video game, I'm reading the books I can purchase in game for hints and tips on how to deal with certain monsters. Its just a step up from uncharted 3 in so many ways yet so backwards in a presentation perspective. 

Once I've finished this I'm going to play:

Red Dead Redemption

Mass Effect 2

Cold Steel 2

Witcher 2

Dark Souls 2

• Upvote 1

NB96    806

Arms, Arms and more Arms. The game has a surprising amount of depth.

Nate1080    1171
20 minutes ago, NB96 said:

Arms, Arms and more Arms. The game has a surprising amount of depth.

This is also what I am playing.

• Upvote 1

NB96    806

Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy came out today in the UK. Really wonderful game, the graphics look great and you can even play as Coco! A really good remaster for a historic series. Surely this will sell fantastically and encourage activision to make another Crash Bandicoot game. There's been rumors that it will at some point be released on other consoles; imagine playing these Crash Bandicoot games on a portable handheld like the Nintendo Switch... amazing.

Also DLC #1 for Breath of the Wild came out today.

Aaron    1983

I've put on hold witcher 1 because i cba to remember where i was up to with the quest storyline. Instead I've picked up Xcom enemy within. First 90 minutes has flown by. I think it wont have the same characterisation + individual personability which fire emblem has but oh well. 

I might do RDR after that although I really want to play FE Radiant Dawn. 

+Urthor    10238

Divinity 2 is amazing and the best thing since sliced bread and you should all play this game.

• Upvote 1

+Urthor    10238

Also I want to start a second coop playthrough at some point hit me up if you're down

new total war is good but like honestly I think you need a 4.5ghz CPU  and 2400 ram to enjoy it, the world map lag has done nothing but increase with each gen of this game and that's super concerning

Aaron    1983

finished xcom. it was good but. xcom <<< fire emblem

as i said previously, more personality, better plot, better attachment to characters etc, better/more fun customisation. 

when a unit dies in xcom, im like fuck. in fire emblem im like wtf omg no noooo nooooo soft reset. 

I've started cold steel 2, and its as good as cold steel 1 in all honesty. im just struggling to find the time to play it. only thing im hating is the boss battles you can't win but u have conditions set on a time limit to get extra bonus points... like please just tell me and i'll actually try to ohko these fuckers with all my s-crafts etc. 

Great game & characterisation as per every trails game, leagues above most other crap i've played.

After Cold steel 2 I might finally try and jump back into PC gaming aka mass effect 2, assasins creed 2 but tbh I'm struggling for time and most of my free time is at work so I'm really playing around with just buying a nintendo switch for BOTW/Mario Oddyessey/Mario Kart.. but I'll probably hold off until I've at least played Super Mario galaxy / xenoblade chronicles 1.