Farley

What games are you currently playing?

Indignation    2858
On 4/18/2017 at 3:57 PM, Indignation said:

I fell behind in my gaming lol.

Ff15 (I keep exploring and getting killed lol, finally gonna start doing the story)

Dead space (almost done, luckily it's short but fun)

Earthlock: The festival of Magic

Shiness: The lightning kingdom

Persona 4 golden

Dragon Quest 8 3DS

Kingdom hearts 3DS (after DQ8)

I'm always playing:

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius

Brave Frontier

Well I'm still on those but got sidetracked. I have since beaten borderlands 2 in split screen coop. And beaten Until Dawn which was a really great experience. Also got battle chasers nightwar on PS4. :P

+Urthor    10211

Trails in the Sky is without a doubt the single greatest JRPG ever made.  Absolutely better than Chrono Trigger much less Final Fantasy, definitely better than the Persona/Shin Megami Tensei games I've played.  One of the best written games ever.  

Aaron    2023
On 01/12/2017 at 6:46 AM, Urthor said:

Trails in the Sky is without a doubt the single greatest JRPG ever made.  Absolutely better than Chrono Trigger much less Final Fantasy, definitely better than the Persona/Shin Megami Tensei games I've played.  One of the best written games ever.  

at last someone else has played it

Aaron    2023

Suikoden 2 - I'm about 3/4 of the way through and struggling. ATM I'd give it a 6. Its storyline is great, its pacing is excellent but its just so lacking in terms of a good captivating combat system (I feel like it cuts a lot of corners here), customisation and how important it is and in characterisation if I compare it to something like the Trails series. Lots and lots of one liners and its hard to get attached to any characters including your protagonist who is the most boring person in the game/totally silent. Hopefully I'll finish it as I heard the last 1/4 is amazing. 

Finished Mario Odyssey - 10/10   but has its flaws.  Nintendo need to make their boss fights a bit harder. I think this one was just a bit too easy and Mario was too invulnerable at times.  I totally understand as they want to encourage exploration with cappy and the fuck load of new mechanics. 

Finished The Witcher 1 - ok so very mixed thoughts on this game. 

Gameplay - surprisingly deep in regards to potion making, customisation, items... but it still falls flat on its face. too many fetch quests, crap movement, clunky AF, poor combat to name but a few. 

Sound - voice acting superb, musical score great (although there wasn't a specific song I found epic which i'll d/l) 

Story - amazing for the most part, really excellent with the moral dilemmas. Chapter 2 was easily my favorite and involves *spoiler warning* elements of witches, rape, child abuse/abduction, demonic spirits + general thuggery. I just feel like the gameplay is so bad and the fetch quests are so frequent you can't really sink it all in. 

Very excited to play Witcher 2+3 later on this year given. Very tempted to read the books because I find this a bit like Berserk.. ala a concentrated GOT. 

+Gemstone Mine    2596

finished wolfenstein 2: new colossus.

Fantastic game all around. It fixed almost all the problems from the first game, and made it a lot better. My only 2 problems were that it's too short, and that the enemy ai is atrociously bad. I'm 90% sure they just c/ped the ai from doom 2016, and while it works most of the time, there are a lot of parts where it's really, really bad.

• Upvote 1

Aaron    2023

finished witcher 2. 

better than 1. still not really convinced tho. the combat was REALLY iffy. 

the difficulty was really weird too. 

this dragon fight near the end was just.. boring. it was me tossing bombs at some shitty dragon whilst casting quen and running around. when i googled how else to do it, this was the reccomended route which kind of sucks. you build up all these different arts and for what.

alchemy was rly restricted because u have to go into this long ass menu to take the potions, and u need to plan ahead.. to plan ahead u need to know whats coming next .. and for that u normally have to of died before hands.

the quick time events were annoying AF too.

in all honesty i cant remember any boss fight i enjoyed in this game which sucks. 

the story was excellent.

characters were excellent. TRUE branching of choices and it affecting how everything is played out is excellent. 

ost brilliant.

just gameplay was very very very very iffy sadly from a combat (and navigation perspective actually). 

Aaron    2023

doki doki literature club

hm... just play it

its on steam, its free and its weird AF... fucking with my mind at times. 

Indignation    2858

Got Monster Hunter World! Not sure what weapon I like best. Been using charge blade. I might try the bow.

anduril38    358

Well I'm back. 

Playing: 

MGSV

Hitman (Season 1)

Divinity Original Sin 2 (My game of 2017. It is glorious)

Streets of Rogue

Aaron    2023

finished botw

i personally thought it was brilliant, very well balanced, lots of great mechanisms, encouraged exploration. charming characters and great storytelling mechanisms. 

i can see the counter argument to why some people would think its average, but i think that would mean giving lots of other games a free ride. 

10/10

I'm now playing xenoblade 2. I have JUST finished chapter 1 and got treated to possibly one of the best opening cut scenes of all time. I'm hooked. 

anduril38    358

Started playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Pripyat after having it on my Steam for 2 years. 

Playing BOTW, and likely will be for the forseeable future, pre-ordered Secret of Mana on Steam and will likely spend as much of thursday as i can blowing through it. Fire Emblem Warriors kinda burned out on me after the main campaign, and splatoon 2 is still hella fun to whip out when there's nothign better to do.

also playing my like 5th Randomized run of A Link to the Past.

+Gemstone Mine    2596
5 hours ago, Stomach The MachoPony said:

also playing my like 5th Randomized run of A Link to the Past.

my man

whats your times looking like atm?

so far i havent kept a record of times, need to get good at the game (like properly good) first. though i have learned some of the games Crazier glitches for this recent playthrough, Spindashing, Clipping into places early, the exploration glitch. For god's sake i'm about to complete my 2nd Dark World dungeon and i STILL dont have the bow, hookshot or mirror. 

+Gemstone Mine    2596

I haven't even bothered learning that stuff, because by and large most races don't allow major glitches. I've learned the minor stuff that is allowed (bomb jumps, dark room strats), although still haven't learned how to do silverless ganon yet.

yeah the last playthrough was just for show, i might try a speedrun sometime. i do like how you can pick a diff sprite for link using the randomizer site (yes i would like to play alttp with Derpy Hooves)

+Urthor    10211

Holy shit Kingdom Come Deliverance is an absolutely amazing game.  It's sooooo good, superb Elder Scrolls historical fantasy with Dark Souls complex combat

• Upvote 1

NB96    838
11 hours ago, Urthor said:

Holy shit Kingdom Come Deliverance is an absolutely amazing game.  It's sooooo good, superb Elder Scrolls historical fantasy with Dark Souls complex combat

I heard it was good too but also has lots of bugs and is very dialogue heavy. Also a very long prologue. I barely got out of the cave in Skyrim at the start before I got bored and didn't play it again back on Xbox 360. Also I got stuck at a glowing green ghoul in Fallout 4 which made me quit that too so maybe those open world RPGs aren't my kind of game.

I just downloaded Bayonetta for Switch and it gives you a 37% discount of Bayonetta 2. I didn't get to play either but I liked Devil May Cry as a kid so hopefully this will be just as good. They are level based games as far as I know so hopefully that will lend itself towards playing portable as well if the evels are no more than 15 mins or so each.

Edited by NB96

Aaron    2023

holy shit xenoblade 2 has rly grown on me... might be my favorite switch game. 

i feel like the positives are really resonating w/me:

1. great plot [better than most anime imo]

2. great characters

3. amazing ost

4. great fun battle system which is ever evolving

5. huge levels of customisation

6. pokemon level grinding at times but w/interactions, foods, bonding w/ur blades

7. LOADS of secrets

8. side quests much easier to do given its portable nature

im just so engrossed. the world building is on par with trails in the sky/falcom but sadly falls flat when it comes to interpersonal relationships and characters in comparison.. but then it swings back with how insane its plot is. 

i think the technical issues and presentation has possibly led to this game going a bit under the radar... if u can call a game which has 8-9/10 across the board under the radar. i would have expected it to be hitting more of a metacritic score of 87

Edited by Aaron

+Urthor    10211

Kingdom Come report, combat is amazing and the game feels like a sequel to Elder Scrolls Oblivion with better stats and everything.  Technically some lategame side quests are broken so waiting for patches is, well, advised.

How does Xeno 2 compare to Xeno 1 exactly?  Xeno 1 on emulator I felt was kind of underwhelming and while a good game I never finished it.  Very standard JRPG fare.

Aaron    2023
7 hours ago, Urthor said:

Kingdom Come report, combat is amazing and the game feels like a sequel to Elder Scrolls Oblivion with better stats and everything.  Technically some lategame side quests are broken so waiting for patches is, well, advised.

How does Xeno 2 compare to Xeno 1 exactly?  Xeno 1 on emulator I felt was kind of underwhelming and while a good game I never finished it.  Very standard JRPG fare.

only played xeno 1 for about 2-3 hours then gave it up. heard it gets really good.

xeno 2 has this ridiculous fast pace to the story, if you dont mind spoilers I'll show u a scene im talking about and u can judge for urself any game which has a scene like this literally 1-2 hours into the game.

watch from about 46:08 .. 

the battle system starts of shit and simple then gets challenging and very complex.. and it  has pokemon level collecting/grinding affinities on ur blades to make them good which is really shit on a console game where u sit on a couch but so good when ur in the car and in portable mode and grind out a few affinities quickly with some fun side quests. 

Aaron    2023
On 2/24/2018 at 2:30 AM, Urthor said:

Just to update you,

Xeno 2 is one of my favorite JRPGs of all time, up there with trails. Does  A LOT of things better than trails but lacks the deep characterisation and world building which falcom do, in favor of a more progressive, exciting plot. Ultimately Trails is better, but I xeno 2 shines in the exploration/gameplay department. 

+Urthor    10211

Ni No Kuni is an interesting game, can't quite say I recommend it it has its ups and downs.  Beautiful art and I love Evan he's so cute but the trash mob count is off the charts and a few other things I can't quite put my finger on.  

• Upvote 1