Farley

What games are you currently playing?

Indignation    2854
On 4/18/2017 at 3:57 PM, Indignation said:

I fell behind in my gaming lol.

Ff15 (I keep exploring and getting killed lol, finally gonna start doing the story)

Dead space (almost done, luckily it's short but fun)

Earthlock: The festival of Magic

Shiness: The lightning kingdom

Persona 4 golden

Dragon Quest 8 3DS

Kingdom hearts 3DS (after DQ8)

I'm always playing:

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius

Brave Frontier

Well I'm still on those but got sidetracked. I have since beaten borderlands 2 in split screen coop. And beaten Until Dawn which was a really great experience. Also got battle chasers nightwar on PS4. :P

+Urthor    10167

Trails in the Sky is without a doubt the single greatest JRPG ever made.  Absolutely better than Chrono Trigger much less Final Fantasy, definitely better than the Persona/Shin Megami Tensei games I've played.  One of the best written games ever.  

Aaron    1979
On 01/12/2017 at 6:46 AM, Urthor said:

Trails in the Sky is without a doubt the single greatest JRPG ever made.  Absolutely better than Chrono Trigger much less Final Fantasy, definitely better than the Persona/Shin Megami Tensei games I've played.  One of the best written games ever.  

at last someone else has played it

Aaron    1979

Suikoden 2 - I'm about 3/4 of the way through and struggling. ATM I'd give it a 6. Its storyline is great, its pacing is excellent but its just so lacking in terms of a good captivating combat system (I feel like it cuts a lot of corners here), customisation and how important it is and in characterisation if I compare it to something like the Trails series. Lots and lots of one liners and its hard to get attached to any characters including your protagonist who is the most boring person in the game/totally silent. Hopefully I'll finish it as I heard the last 1/4 is amazing. 

Finished Mario Odyssey - 10/10   but has its flaws.  Nintendo need to make their boss fights a bit harder. I think this one was just a bit too easy and Mario was too invulnerable at times.  I totally understand as they want to encourage exploration with cappy and the fuck load of new mechanics. 

Finished The Witcher 1 - ok so very mixed thoughts on this game. 

Gameplay - surprisingly deep in regards to potion making, customisation, items... but it still falls flat on its face. too many fetch quests, crap movement, clunky AF, poor combat to name but a few. 

Sound - voice acting superb, musical score great (although there wasn't a specific song I found epic which i'll d/l) 

Story - amazing for the most part, really excellent with the moral dilemmas. Chapter 2 was easily my favorite and involves *spoiler warning* elements of witches, rape, child abuse/abduction, demonic spirits + general thuggery. I just feel like the gameplay is so bad and the fetch quests are so frequent you can't really sink it all in. 

Very excited to play Witcher 2+3 later on this year given. Very tempted to read the books because I find this a bit like Berserk.. ala a concentrated GOT. 

+Gemstone Mine    2582

finished wolfenstein 2: new colossus.

Fantastic game all around. It fixed almost all the problems from the first game, and made it a lot better. My only 2 problems were that it's too short, and that the enemy ai is atrociously bad. I'm 90% sure they just c/ped the ai from doom 2016, and while it works most of the time, there are a lot of parts where it's really, really bad.

• Upvote 1

Aaron    1979

finished witcher 2. 

better than 1. still not really convinced tho. the combat was REALLY iffy. 

the difficulty was really weird too. 

this dragon fight near the end was just.. boring. it was me tossing bombs at some shitty dragon whilst casting quen and running around. when i googled how else to do it, this was the reccomended route which kind of sucks. you build up all these different arts and for what.

alchemy was rly restricted because u have to go into this long ass menu to take the potions, and u need to plan ahead.. to plan ahead u need to know whats coming next .. and for that u normally have to of died before hands.

the quick time events were annoying AF too.

in all honesty i cant remember any boss fight i enjoyed in this game which sucks. 

the story was excellent.

characters were excellent. TRUE branching of choices and it affecting how everything is played out is excellent. 

ost brilliant.

just gameplay was very very very very iffy sadly from a combat (and navigation perspective actually). 

Aaron    1979

doki doki literature club

hm... just play it

its on steam, its free and its weird AF... fucking with my mind at times.