Jump to content
Farley

What games are you currently playing?

Recommended Posts

Aaron    2031
3 hours ago, rei said:

sort of - im not SUPER far in p4g - but even while some of the flaws still exist in P5 the flow and presentation is improved so much they aren't as glaring 

 

yeah dont get me wrong, p4/p3 are awesome... i still enjoyed them but for me, its a lot of what could have been.

 

btw skyrim is an absolute blast. the sense of immersion is awesome. i've installed like 99 or so mods and it looks beautiful too so that helps. the world is HUGE AS FUCK. just now i was following some quest markers, got lost, ended up exiting a dungeon into a mountain of snow, crossed this mountain to a bone altar, there a fucking dragon rocks up, i kill it, then go through a door, find a chest guarded by a dremora deathlord thing which i beat the shit out of... then... i remember i have these quest objectives to do.

 

its just freaking lit. 

 

and with the ordinator mod.. u can literally roleplay so many genuinely interesting cool builds. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Urthor    10227

Yakuza 0 definitely my favourite game of 2018.  Persona 5 got kicked right out of the bus for such an awesome mafia flick.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aaron    2031

skyrim is on hold atm as I'm having  a little adventure into VR gaming which seems to for all intents and purposes has made 2D gaming a tiny bit boring in comparison. 

 

 

 

played superhot VR .. fucking epic. I would replay it in a heartbeat. one moment left me scared as fuck. experienced many dark-souls esque victory moments, major satisfaction, awesome immersion, gameplay 10/10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carbon    1881

Just bought Dragon Quest 11 yesterday. So far I’m liking it. It’s been a while since I’ve played a classic turn based rpg 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+rei+    34664

yeah im prob gonna pick it or octopath traveller up next once im done p4g

 

p4g is great btw - tho yeah p5 def miles ahead gameplay and presentation wise 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aaron    2031
6 hours ago, rei said:

yeah im prob gonna pick it or octopath traveller up next once im done p4g

 

p4g is great btw - tho yeah p5 def miles ahead gameplay and presentation wise 

 

not a fan of p4g.

 

anime scooby doo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+rei+    34664

you aren't wrong; i like me my waifu simulators tho 

 

p5 is streets ahead 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+rei+    34664
On 2018-09-07 at 4:18 PM, Aaron said:

not a fan of p4g.

 

anime scooby doo. 

that said watch this its fucking hilarious

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aaron    2031

Playing RE7 VR. 

 

Its in a class of its own in regards to horror games in VR. I've had to take the headset off once, I've been genuinely scared during most of the game. Induced real anxiety when I put the headset on. Its simply one of the best most atmospheric experiences ever with a huge sense of immersion despite having to use the controller. 

I haven't even finished it. I think I'm maybe 1/5 way through but I can comfortably score it now [if I ever finish it]

 

10/10. 

 

 

 

Honestly, anyone not VR gaming is doing them a huge sense of dis-service. Its just THAT much better than normal gaming. If you don't have a gaming PC, get a PSVR + RE7 + Superhot PLEASE. 

 

Just bought an Oculus Rift and RTX 2080. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Urthor    10227

I'm actually addicated to Pathfinder Kingmaker plus Dragon Quest is realllly good

 

Pathfinder Kingmaker

Yakuza 0 

Kingdom Come Deliverance

Dragon Quest

 

game rankings for year to date.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aaron    2031

Robo recall Oculus Rift - 10/10. God the gameplay on this game is INSANE.

As soon as the bitch told me to put my arm behind my shoulder and grab a shoutgun i was like what the fuck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Urthor    10227
21 minutes ago, Carbon said:

The end of January can't come soon enough 

 

???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carbon    1881
On 10/14/2018 at 4:27 PM, Urthor said:

 

???

Kingdom Hearts 3 releases January 29th.  

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aaron    2031

Playing Witcher 3.

 

Its sick.

 

 

Planning to play:

1. Batman Arkham VR

2. Lone Echo VR 

before the end of the next 2 weeks. 

 

 

 

I'm tempted to buy Divinity Origin Sin 2 on steam halloween sale but i'll probably holdfire as my backlog is huge and im 33 hours into witcher 3 and only level 10. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aaron    2031

Still playing Witcher 3. I'm now 66 hours in. Playing with minimalistic/no markers for a bit more immersion. only the active quest marker in 3D comes up. Find it way better than just going from checkpoint to checkpoint via mini map if i display POIs. 

 

Excellent game. Storytelling wise, the mini quests are better than a lot of games. 

 

I feel BOTW edges it though. 

 

 

 

Also playing Smash Ultimate. I have about 20 hours playtime on it. Its REALLY good. If I only had a Nintendo Switch, Smash and what else the switch offers would definitely suffice. 

 

 

 

My "to play list"

1. Witcher 3

2. Lone Echo

3. Batman VR

4. God of War PS4

5. Horizon PS4

 

 

Then when KH3 drops, take a week off work and complete it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Urthor    10227

Crosscode is a late entrant for game of the year for me, of all the 2D platformer style games it's by FAR the best

 

Pillars of Eternity Deadfire is also amazing now it's up to patch 4.0, pretty much silky smooth.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aaron    2031
20 hours ago, Urthor said:

Crosscode is a late entrant for game of the year for me, of all the 2D platformer style games it's by FAR the best

 

Pillars of Eternity Deadfire is also amazing now it's up to patch 4.0, pretty much silky smooth.  

 

 

How does PoE compare to Divinity Original Sin? 

 

I'm thinking of getting into PoE after DOS. 

 

Its one of those games where I wish I had a gaming tablet/one existed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Urthor    10227

Deadfire is equally as good as Original Sin 2 but I would not play it on a tablet.

 


Divinity is turn based, Deadfire is real time with pause, and it's super important you understand how the armor classes works in the game to actually win at it.  Also start on hard difficulty because normal is absurdly easy.  It's an RPG and an extremely good one not much else to say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aaron    2031

I just finished TW3 base game. I'll give it a 9/10.

 

This coming from someone who played TW1 and TW2. 

 

 

Gameplay:

Exploration: Simply the world is too big and cluttered, theres no sense of surprise or exploration. Just following ? on a mini map, or disabling it and being unable to easily distinguish NPC number 39839 to from NPC 0984 who has a quest. Not being able to climb unlike BOTW is a huge hindrance and makes exploring the world a chore. The horse riding is not enjoyable or smooth. 

Combat: Its so-so. Nice variation and options but ultimately the enemies are too dumb, and just being able to quen + sword + quen + whirl + igni is boring. The adrenaline system is interesting but they should have concentrated on perfecting the swordsplay of Witcher 3 first, making all weapons such as bombs and cross bows more relavant, making bosses stronger.. and they simply didn't. Games such as Dark Souls have maybe set the bar too high. 

Ciri segments: I found these boring. They should have let us control Yennefer or Triss and explored some magic-related places instead of some of these Ciri segments. 

Alchemy: Very poor, not encouraging exploration, too easy. I prefer having to repeatedly craft things, it makes you care for ingredients and items more. 

Scripting: Scripted events make exploring not worth it. You need to find the write sequence of events to start a quest or fight a monster which sucks compared to just finding it out in the wild by loving the Witcher 3's world. 

 

Story:

Pacing: is so-so. For a 90 hour game, I would have expected more. I wanted to see more of the sorcerers, more of the Societal who just weren't there, more of Radovid rather than snippets. Instead we lived Geralt's journey, and I get it; thats what the game is but I wish they took his journey to a few more interesting places. 

Sidequests: best-in-class

Plot: Excellent

Characters: Excellent cast but I can't help but feel disconnected from Dandelion et al. The Dwarf guy was quite endearing but we needed more conversation options, more ways in which they could maybe accompany us on quests  outside of the 1-3 character dedicated scripted ones and make them more interact-able. The main villain and lore behind them was not good at all. We could have done with a prologue section of flashbacks from when Geralt was held captive by the Hunt to help piece everything together and make us hate them more. 

Endings: Could have been a bit more emotional but awesome. 

 

Sound:

10/10

 

Graphics:

9/10: due to poorly animated trees, poor character models in cut scenes outside of Geralt and the opening/ending scenes 

 

 

Overall I give it a 9/10 as its side quests, stories and huge amount of content help paper over the overly simplified gameplay in a world which is way too big. I don't agree with this whole put in 10,000 NPCs and only make 100 of them useful. At least in games like Skyrim, you can still talk to quite a few of them. One of the best stories, and the best side quest design' with huge variation and an awesome adventure make this game a classic but I don't think its a 10/10 like people seem to rate it as.

 

I think BOTW is comfortably above it for example in level of immersion, gameplay, world design, intractability, survival mechanics, etc. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faint    5859

just finished god of war 4 and absolutely loved it - finally beat the valkyire queen and it was a fucking hard match even on standard mode (lord help anyone taht does it on god of war mode!)

 

yeah end of january KH3 comes out and i'm fucking stoked for it. just gonna replay through the spyro remaster until then i guess 

 

after KH3 i expect i will pick up red dead redemption but i just donjt have the time for anything else right now

 

goty was definitely god of war for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aaron    2031
12 hours ago, Faint said:

just finished god of war 4 and absolutely loved it - finally beat the valkyire queen and it was a fucking hard match even on standard mode (lord help anyone taht does it on god of war mode!)

 

yeah end of january KH3 comes out and i'm fucking stoked for it. just gonna replay through the spyro remaster until then i guess 

 

after KH3 i expect i will pick up red dead redemption but i just donjt have the time for anything else right now

 

goty was definitely god of war for me. 

 

 

I'm playing GOW now and WOW.

 

Its like a tier above Witcher 3 easily. I played it on normal mode to begin with and it was piss poor too easy combat. Put it onto hard and WOW, combat is now AMAZING. 

If you haven't played it on the harder difficulties, give it a try. It gives you an amazing intensity to the fights and makes you use all your moves. 

 

 

I'm still very early game so no spoilers please but its AMAZING. Easily GOTY. I haven't played RDR2 but I don't have to. GOW is just insane. Its the best game I've played since BOTW. 

 

If GOW had more freedom in its platforming and climb it would literally be PERFECT. As it stands its still a 10/10 cos fuck it, its that good. The sound design and voice acting is better than most films I watch.. fuck it the sound design and use of a subwoofer IS better than any film I've ever watched. 

 

 

 

 

Me too man. I'm trying to play through:

1. GOW

2. Horizon Zero Dawn

3. Lone Echo

4. Batman VR

 

before KH3 comes out. As soon as KH3 drops, I'm gonna play the shit out of it until I complete it. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faint    5859
10 hours ago, Aaron said:

 

 

I'm playing GOW now and WOW.

 

Its like a tier above Witcher 3 easily. I played it on normal mode to begin with and it was piss poor too easy combat. Put it onto hard and WOW, combat is now AMAZING. 

If you haven't played it on the harder difficulties, give it a try. It gives you an amazing intensity to the fights and makes you use all your moves. 

 

 

I'm still very early game so no spoilers please but its AMAZING. Easily GOTY. I haven't played RDR2 but I don't have to. GOW is just insane. Its the best game I've played since BOTW. 

 

If GOW had more freedom in its platforming and climb it would literally be PERFECT. As it stands its still a 10/10 cos fuck it, its that good. The sound design and voice acting is better than most films I watch.. fuck it the sound design and use of a subwoofer IS better than any film I've ever watched. 

 

 

 

 

Me too man. I'm trying to play through:

1. GOW

2. Horizon Zero Dawn

3. Lone Echo

4. Batman VR

 

before KH3 comes out. As soon as KH3 drops, I'm gonna play the shit out of it until I complete it. 

 

 

mate get yourself through the main story and there is still plenty to do and explore (as well as the freedom to do it). honestly its soooo well designed and the interactions between characters (particularly kratos/atreas/mimir) is beautiful

 

definitely think ill play through again on hard mode as per your suggestion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aaron    2031
2 hours ago, Faint said:

mate get yourself through the main story and there is still plenty to do and explore (as well as the freedom to do it). honestly its soooo well designed and the interactions between characters (particularly kratos/atreas/mimir) is beautiful

 

definitely think ill play through again on hard mode as per your suggestion 

 

 

Yeah play it on hard mode. Its honestly amazing. Every fight just has a totally different intensity to it.

 

My only major critique of this game is the climbing being too restricted like Uncharted games.

 

Free jumping and free climbing are probably the hardest thing to put in a video game TBH. Only BOTW has nailed it (and Mario with the racoon suit). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NB96    853

I heard there is a fan remake of PT in VR on Steam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×