Farley

What games are you currently playing?

Aaron    2105

so weirdly enough im playing through:

1. KCD DLC Woman's Lot (started it by mistake)

2. Planescape (idk... just downloaed it on a whim, strangely addictive given its load up time is like <10 seconds) whilst every other game takes fucking ages 

• Upvote 1

»Tygo    14101
On 7/15/2019 at 3:17 PM, rei said:

proud of u <3 

ON TO IX

• Pride 1

onmitsu229    0

Other than Melee practice, been playing Monster Hunter World again since the expansion is coming out. I'll also be getting on Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 this weekend.

Aaron    2105
On 7/16/2019 at 0:26 AM, Aaron said:

so weirdly enough im playing through:

1. KCD DLC Woman's Lot (started it by mistake)

2. Planescape (idk... just downloaed it on a whim, strangely addictive given its load up time is like <10 seconds) whilst every other game takes fucking ages 

sacked off these 2 games (for now) due to FFT.

i had a 4.5 hour car journey with my parents for my sisters graduatrion. so i brought my PSP and my ipad. ended up deciding to try and get into FFT for the 4th or 5th time.. and it clicked.

im now 13 hours in and still on chapter 2. 

its just very different to fire emblem. its no where near as punishing, it has 100x more customisation and class building.. i'd say most of the tactics is BEFORE the battles. you don't need to stress over EXACT positioning but moreso just general flow of the battle. unlike FE, there is NO stress on EXP, you can infinitley grind but infinitley grinding doesn't exactpy make you OP by itself. you still need to know what ur doing. 

the story is i'd say 100x better than any fire emblem game and possibly one of the best plots i've seen in a game so genuinely very impressed. also much much much much better than any final fantasy game i've played (i'v played 4 (partially),7,10). it reminds me A LOT of game of thrones, the dialogue is very very good, manages to world build without HUGE ammounts of text. Only JRPG  I know of which betters it is trails in the sky but that has infinite text and way slower pacing. much much much better than the piece of shit political story every jerks off about in suikoden 2.  

it does require 100x the brain bower of ur standard final fantasy game, and given how thick as shit all the turn based final fantasy games are, i really doubt we will ever see a sequal to this game as its target audience i imagine will reside on PC. 

(fyi not a final fantasy hater, cant wait for 7 remake and i liked 10 a lot at the time). 

Edited by Aaron

+rei+    34784

If you like the world of FF Tactics, FF 12 is technically a prequel to it / set in the same world. 

Tactics had sequels, no idea if they were good, I don't like the genre 

Aaron    2105
22 minutes ago, rei said:

If you like the world of FF Tactics, FF 12 is technically a prequel to it / set in the same world. 

Tactics had sequels, no idea if they were good, I don't like the genre 

none in the same mould as it WOTL as far as i know.

from what i've read they are all shitty simplified versions but ill check them out for sure. 

ive been meaning to play ff12.. altho i wanted my next ff game to be 15.. 

+rei+    34784

i still need to start 12 was putting it of due to shitty seating situation. ill play it after p3 

+Urthor    10297

idk I feel like there's so many good games around atm classic Final Fantasy has been really outshone. 

There's just like, a modern era of things like Kingdom Come, Bloodstained Ritual of the Night, Metal Gear Solid 5, that are actually brilliant games.  I can't get really excited for another FF playthrough.

I played a game called Fell Seal lately which is very much Kickstarter Final Fantasy tactics and it was great, also Bloodstained Ritual of the Night is arguably goty so far for me IMO, that game was brilliantly put together

Aaron    2105
13 hours ago, Urthor said:

idk I feel like there's so many good games around atm classic Final Fantasy has been really outshone. 

There's just like, a modern era of things like Kingdom Come, Bloodstained Ritual of the Night, Metal Gear Solid 5, that are actually brilliant games.  I can't get really excited for another FF playthrough.

I played a game called Fell Seal lately which is very much Kickstarter Final Fantasy tactics and it was great, also Bloodstained Ritual of the Night is arguably goty so far for me IMO, that game was brilliantly put together

I'm starting KCD after FFT.  I've also heard VERY good things about Fell Seal. Is it as good as FFT or near the quality?  As good as FFT is, its clearly outdated. The menu navigation is a  bit iffy, nothing is explained, the cut scenes aren't skippable, etc. 

I think my favorite experience in regards to tactical RPGs is still Fire Emblem.

FFT's 1000x better plot makes it the better game, but Fire Emblem is so polished on the 3DS. However Fates is the only one with a decent difficulty. 

I haven't played Blood stained. Do you think its worth playing that or KCD first? 

FFT came out of no where as I was really just planning a planscape playthrough + kcd. 

Ideally if time was infinite, I'd love to play through:

1. KCD

2. DS3

3. Planescape

4. Tactics Ogre

and VR Wise:

1. SkyrimVR

2. Astrobot

3. Defector

4. Lone Echo

5. Man up and finish RE7VR (probably will never happen)

Edited by Aaron

NB96    861

I am playing Undertale and I am liking it so far. Has anybody else tried this game?

• Upvote 1

+rei+    34784
20 hours ago, NB96 said:

I am playing Undertale and I am liking it so far. Has anybody else tried this game?

it's absolutely outstanding, 

Aaron    2105

finished fft

10/10

didn't even have the shitty final fantasy 9389383 bosses at the end. literally an amazing phenomenal game which has aged so well. 

fire emblem is coming out in a few days and has been getting riduclous reviews so i think i'll just continue with kcd and try to get back into planescape. 

• Upvote 1

onmitsu229    0
On 7/20/2019 at 4:40 PM, NB96 said:

I need to get it on switch. I have it on pc, but hardly ever play on computer.

Aaron    2105

so ive sacked off planescape and KCD for now. very slow games.

currently playing

1. Nier (on hard mode, normal mode was a bit too easy, hard is fucking like a fast paced epic dark souls) 

2. Fire emblem three houses - the reviews for this considering its a 2019 tactical rpg are insane. my body is not ready. 

Aaron    2105

nvm hard mode is retarded. the boars and all animals ohko you. 

+rei+    34784

I beat the first phantasy star over the past week; I had fun with it but its not a game id describe as being at modern standards, even less than FF1 though it 'feels' a lot more advanced than FF1

Aaron    2105

Finally finished TW3 including DLC. 

I loved the series, I love the lore, I love the atmosphere but for fucks sake, the circle jerk of the Witcher 3 the best game or one of the best games of all time pisses me off. I feel like I'm a witcher fanboy but reflecting on Witcher 3, I struggle to find something that as a video game, it does better than anyone else.

If you take away its best-in-class side quest storytelling, awesome characterisation and lore; you're left with a game which is good or very good at most things, but rarely nails anything from a gameplay perspective. 

The combat is straight up flawed. The sword combat isn't intuitive, Yrden and Quen are significantly better than most other spells and Axii can at some points trivalise bosses and its clearly an oversight. 

The weapon and item customisation is some of the worst and most un-intuitive. 

The new potion renewal system just plain sucks. Its boring and doesn't make sense. TW2 was nice because you were genuinely scavenging, here you're not. You just need some alcohol. 

Anyway, I'd personally give it a 9/10 because I like Geralt a lot but its probably closer to an 8. 

I've temporarily dropped Trover saves the universe because i cba to put on my VR headset 

Currently playing:

1. Zelda Link's Awakening; played it for like 1 hour today and the Nintendo magic is just pouring out, alongside the Nintendo technical expertise of being shit. Probably going to end up giving it a 9 or 10 because I can just feel and tell the class it exudes already, but it has Zelda in the title so its not that surprising. 

2. Dragon Age Inquisition; I can't wait to play this in 32:9. I've installed a few mods and I'm ready to smash some hours into this one over the next couple of months. 

+rei+    34784

back to playing octopath, just wanted to mindlessly jrpg grind for a while

i think im gonna do all 8 questlines

»Tygo    14101

Mario Odyssey. 731 moons so far. The completionist in me is dreading the day I have to put in an effort for the 100 volleyball returns and 100 jump ropes. 

Also can't stop playing the new Mario Kart app. 

Aaron    2105

Finished playing fe three houses. it is amazing.  Need to replay it on the new difficulty patch.. did a few levels and insanely difficult 

+Urthor    10297

Disco Elysium is one of the best games ever.  One of my most enjoyed by far

+Gemstone Mine    2715
On 9/22/2019 at 6:39 PM, Aaron said:

. Dragon Age Inquisition; I can't wait to play this in 32:9. I've installed a few mods and I'm ready to smash some hours into this one over the next couple of months. 

I thought that DA: O had the single worst combat system I've ever seen, and that it dragged down immeasurably an otherwise fine game. Will I hate DA:I's combat as much.

Aaron    2105
17 hours ago, Gemstone Mine said:

I thought that DA: O had the single worst combat system I've ever seen, and that it dragged down immeasurably an otherwise fine game. Will I hate DA:I's combat as much.

I dropped it for GTA V and Asgards Wrath. 

I have no idea why i dropepd it but the combat is darastically different to DAO. Almost an action game. 

+Urthor    10297

I actually started to replay Inquisition, and the melee combat is actually complete garbage.  The mage and archery combat is pretty good though, but the melee classes, dear god