Farley

What games are you currently playing?

Aaron    2057

Finished playing fe three houses. it is amazing.  Need to replay it on the new difficulty patch.. did a few levels and insanely difficult 

+Urthor    10234

Disco Elysium is one of the best games ever.  One of my most enjoyed by far

+Gemstone Mine    2731
On 9/22/2019 at 6:39 PM, Aaron said:

. Dragon Age Inquisition; I can't wait to play this in 32:9. I've installed a few mods and I'm ready to smash some hours into this one over the next couple of months. 

I thought that DA: O had the single worst combat system I've ever seen, and that it dragged down immeasurably an otherwise fine game. Will I hate DA:I's combat as much.

Aaron    2057
17 hours ago, Gemstone Mine said:

I thought that DA: O had the single worst combat system I've ever seen, and that it dragged down immeasurably an otherwise fine game. Will I hate DA:I's combat as much.

I dropped it for GTA V and Asgards Wrath. 

I have no idea why i dropepd it but the combat is darastically different to DAO. Almost an action game. 

+Urthor    10234

I actually started to replay Inquisition, and the melee combat is actually complete garbage.  The mage and archery combat is pretty good though, but the melee classes, dear god

Aaron    2057

i think im switching back to vr gaming for now. just cba playing 2d/pancake games at present. I just find VR so much  more interactive and better use of my time.

I started Lone echo 2 days ago and it was amazing. 

»Tygo    14141

873 out of 880 in Odyssey and maaaaaaaaaaaaan I don't think 2 of them are for humans. 

100 Jumps on a ridiculous jump rope game.

100 returns on a slightly less ridiculous but still pretty ridiculous volleyball game. 

The rest are 2 that I just need to get better at the game for.

The last 3 are a cluster that you only need to complete one objective for but it's considered the secret final boss level and even speedruns take about 6 full minutes to do it. My careful nervous self, minimum 20 minutes or more. No save points and, assuming you collect all the health along the way, you can only take about 8 hits of damage the whole way. 

• Upvote 1

+Urthor    10234
On 03/11/2019 at 1:40 AM, Tygo said:

873 out of 880 in Odyssey and maaaaaaaaaaaaan I don't think 2 of them are for humans. 

100 returns on a slightly less ridiculous but still pretty ridiculous volleyball game. 

The last 3 are a cluster that you only need to complete one objective for but it's considered the secret final boss level and even speedruns take about 6 full minutes to do it. My careful nervous self, minimum 20 minutes or more. No save points and, assuming you collect all the health along the way, you can only take about 8 hits of damage the whole way. 

You are a god amongst men for even getting this far

• Thanks 1

Nate1080    1241

This topic made me realize that most of the games I have right now are multiplayer.

I sold Zelda to a friend after pretty much beating the fuck out of it.

sold Odyssey to GameStop when I needed quick cash.

All I have single player are: Super Nintendo Games on the Switch, Hollow Knight and Cave Story.

Carbon    1884

Final Fantasy Opera Omnia has been the first phone game that I've held interest for over 2 weeks.

It's a pretty decent thing to play when laying in bed or watching Netflix without having to invest your whole TV

+rei+    34993

better than the first seven ff games that are also on mobile? 

Carbon    1884

Probably not in a vacuum. But I mean at some point it's nice to play a different game rather than beating the same games over and over. 

The story is cute for what it is.

Plus there's a ton of characters from every final fantasy.

Being able to use teams with a mix-match from all my favorites has been enjoyable. Being able to see people like Zidane hitting on Yuna is entertaining and seeing Sephiroth and Kefka interact etc. Just a lot of cool novelty stuff that you wouldn't really get anywhere else. 

»Tygo    14141
On 11/2/2019 at 10:40 AM, Tygo said:

I'm down to the Jumprope, the Volleyball, and the Darker Side of the moon. I know there's a glitch for the jumprope and the volleyball has the 2nd player method which can let you control the hat and moves a bit better than mario would. Darker side is getting easier and watching a speedrun i saw that the glide lizard can skip almost an entire section. I'm confident I can get that done. 

»Tygo    14141

New full blown app addiction is the Mario Kart game. No PvP but they have weekly Cup competitions that lets you compare scores to friends and get ranked in a tier against randos. Pretty fun and competitive. Daily, weekly, and tour challenges give fresh challenges, too.

Controls are a bit tough until you get used to it. I'm still on automatic. Manual drift is a pain beyond my level so far... which is annoying as one of the challenges requires you to not only use it, but do a damn near impossible amount of Ultra drifts with it.

And despite being an "online" game, you can close your phone to freeze the race where you are.

Gold membership is almost worth <$5 a month with all the bonuses you get. My tip on that if you don't want to pay for it: Gold membership comes with a free two week trial. When you open gift boxes you earn with stars, you get the regular gift and you get bonuses if you're Gold. Once you claim the GM, it back tracks to the beginning of the current tour and gives you all the Gold bonuses from those gifts. If you get to the point at the end of a specific tour where you see things you might've wanted as a gold bonus, claim the free trial and all the stuff it comes with, then cancel. 

»JC.    5323
15 minutes ago, SageRhapsody said:

9000 hours of ffxiv in 3 years and counting.

this doesnt sound right

9000 hours in 4 years is over 6 hours a day, let alone in 3

are you a professional player or something?

edit: wait, am i just missing a joke

SageRhapsody    394
1 minute ago, JC. said:

this doesnt sound right

9000 hours in 4 years is over 6 hours a day, let alone in 3

are you a professional player or something?

edit: wait, am i just missing a joke

lZhzEFy.png

SageRhapsody    394

also i peaked top 1500 world bard, so i'm not a pro but i guess i don't have all that many hours for nothing at least lol

vl718zm.png

»JC.    5323

OK that is in fact ~10 hours a day if you subscribed before hitting level 35 or w/e

assuming 8 hour work days and 8 hours of sleep puts you at 26 hours without any eating or drinking

i think i had that much free time during college, maybe?

follow up questions are (1) if you do somehow do this as a job and (2) if you leave the game running while you are doing things like eating or showering

not judging, just curious

and, actually, i have been trying to find good MMOs. what do you like about it so much?

SageRhapsody    394
2 minutes ago, JC. said:

OK that is in fact ~10 hours a day if you subscribed before hitting level 35 or w/e

assuming 8 hour work days and 8 hours of sleep puts you at 26 hours without any eating or drinking

i think i had that much free time during college, maybe?

follow up questions are (1) if you do somehow do this as a job and (2) if you leave the game running while you are doing things like eating or showering

not judging, just curious

and, actually, i have been trying to find good MMOs. what do you like about it so much?

I played it a lot when I was working like 40 hours a month. Lately I have both full time work, school, and gf so I don't get as much time to play

You're also right on both parts, kinda. 1) Yes, I do actually sell in-game currency. I've probably earned like 800$ so far selling gil very casually. Not really "actual-job" tier, but eh. I could also sell end-game raid clears since i have connections, but I'm lazy and pretty casual and have no time now, and those guys have high standards 2) Yeah I leave it on once in a while when I sleep or go to class

I love FF for a few reasons. I could probably go into detail in a voice chat. But 1) Best visual design and graphics of all MMOs imo.

Everything looks crisp, clean, and they don't fuck around with their lore, things look like they actually belong. Very little emphasis on cash shop, 90% of the best looking shit is earned in-game.

I prefer the gearing model. Instead of grinding RNG drops forever, you only have the chance to earn a drop once a week from end-game raids. This means you don't hit bis instantly by grinding, but also doesn't mean you have to run sometihng 1000 times to get stuff

Because of this, content is actually challenging. Playing TERA for so long, I realized that game is easy as shit. FF Raids are unique, and pretty tough, at least until you get used to it. Also, Ultimate is brutal as fuck. Even WoW devs came out and said "ultimate is probably the hardest thing to ever come out in gaming, period" or something to that extent. Shit's fun as fuck.

The story is fantastic. Seriously. It's quite good, and god-tier for an MMO's standards. ESPECIALLY the newest expac. The last one was kinda eh but this one is insane.  It's totally worth like 30$ sub for 2 months just to casually do the story and nothing else, compared to a AAA game. 

Shit tons to do. Imagine playing a game for nearly 10k hours, and still having a ton of shit you haven't really done yet. A few things aren't that interesting (Mahjong, Triple Triad etc) but still. Also constant updates. 

Nier 24-man raid designed by the actual Yoko Taro. Enough said. 

I like how you can play any job any time. You just click a button and you switch classes. Why doesn't every mmo do this? 

Community is pretty nice.

Aaron    2057

fe three houses madenning was sick. 

dropped gta v, idk why, it was good

finished lone echo 6/10, lonely and simple and shit imo 

started boneworks on the index and it is phenomenal. best tutorial of any game ever. 

+rei+    34993

im kinda off and on trying to get all achievements in ff7 

»JC.    5323

1. DQ11 just keeps on going. Barely ever needed to grind and finally finished at 99 hours 54 minutes. i consider it basically the ultimate polish of the standard turn based jrpg. very well done, but isnt blowing away people like Chrono Trigger might and probably would get stale for people that prefer action games

2. played through pokémon sword. have a raid group, but otherwise would be done with the game

3. also playing gamefreak's other game Little Town Hero, which is clunky but would be great if they fixed issues in a sequel. reminds me kinda of the RuneScape digital card game

4. lastly, playing Minion Masters, which is basically like clash of clans-esque mobile games but actually good and on PC.

• Upvote 1