Sign in to follow this  
Mohamed

UEFA Champions Leagues

»Muffin    1

the same world class tactician that has never been able to win an EPL league win for Liverpool?

Gary Oak    846

Liverpool are lucky overachievers what ya'll arguing about.

take away gerrard and torres and you have an average team.

If Ribery goes to Liverpool above all the other options id shoot myself, still actually cant believe torres went there in the first place.

Gary Oak    846
take away gerrard and torres and you have an average team that beat real madrid away from home.

No self respecting Liverpool fan would say you deserved that victory, you got VERY lucky.

You played against a side that was also struggling with fitness and although yes, they did not create as many chances as they could have / should have, you did not deserve to come out of that winners by ANY stretch of the imagination.

»Liquid Snake    4567
take away gerrard and torres and you have an average team that beat real madrid away from home.

No self respecting Liverpool fan would say you deserved that victory, you got VERY lucky.

You played against a side that was also struggling with fitness and although yes, they did not create as many chances as they could have / should have, you did not deserve to come out of that winners by ANY stretch of the imagination.

You didn't watch the game did you? Real Madrid just came in off a 6-1 victory I guess they were struggling.

Liverpol did not get very very lucky, Real Madrid were at home and created nothing, are Liverpool supposed to dominate away from home against one of the supposed best teams in the world?

Liverpool > Chelsea. Chelsea are so lucky Hiddink is here to save them but nice comfortable win against Juventus anyway!

Gary Oak    846

I did watch the game thanks.

You didnt deserve it and are one of the only Liverpool fans ive spoken too since then to have not admitted it was a lucky game.

I agree with you, Real Madrid did not perform and did not create as much as they should have, nevertheless, they are a better side than Liverpool and should have won.

oh edit /

Hiddink to save Chelsea? Hiddink has nothing to do with it atm, what has he changed, the line up is still the same - deco + ballack in champions league, what did he do to 'save chelsea'.

His role will be crucial as time moves on.

Aaron    2028

igor you know fucking jackshit man. blahblahblah madrid fashioned not ONE clearcut chance against us for fucks sake and we were playing away from home against possibly the most inform team in the WORLD (along with utd).

we fashioned and exploited their weakness on set pieces (as rafa stated postgame) and controlled the game. our positional sense was insane and we consistently 2v1s any of their threats. madrid could have had the ball for 90% of the time but due to our superb tactical setup, they could not have created jackshit.

even the spanish press are jerking off to liverpool atm along with the english press. you know NOTHING about football if you cannot appreciate rafa tactically outclassing juande ramos in that fixture.

»Liquid Snake    4567

A manager does a lot more than change the starting line-up, has Hiddink not won two massive games already? Hiddink is saving Chelsea because Scolari would have continued to fail. Benitez has always produced brilliant results for Liverpool in Europe, away wins vs. Barca, Inter before Real Madrid and also wins over Chelsea and Juventus and yet no one gives him or Liverpool any credit, it's just luck everytime. If you want a real example of luck then look at how Chelsea knocked out Liverpool last season. Liverpool stealing an uneventful game hardly compares as far as luck is concerned.

Also saying Real Madrid should have won because they are the better team (in your opinon) is just plain stupid logic, if a team is better they still have to score more goals.

Rafa always gets the tactics correct in Europe, the only exception is against Benfica. Against Real Madrid he was correct again.

»Catalyst    198

what? no clear cut chances? raul was 1on1 vs reina at one point iirc. madrid played shit, liverpool played good. just move on jesus christ

Aaron    2028

looked offside to me and it was a half chance by the angle etc. its not like torres's near 1o1 against casillas... much more of a chance than rauls...

.pr0turrek    2

lol, Raul's chance @ the 3rd minute after Robben's flawless pass should have been the 1-0. With an early lead, the entire game would look different as well. Raul just didn't have his day.

Katy Perry    294

your gonna see some new boys in the champions league next year.

fuck arsenal. aston villaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

N e J i    902
cos neji's a fucking idiot if he thinks 97% of players will not come to liverpool. (the main exceptions being any united players bar heinze).

liverpool = guranteed european football, a couple of players away from being league winners, always in latter stages of champions league, the biggest history of a club in england, massive wages available, the people in the city fucking worship the players, best fans in the world, godly support at home AND away (anyone who didnt hear them in madrid are fucking deaf), get to work with rafa... i can go on.

Lol nice Aaron. All that is true. But in a tie situation between Liverpool, Real Madrid, Barça, MU, Inter, Milan or Juve, Liverpool would never win the sign. If you can't acknowledge this, then you're the idiot.

»Liquid Snake    4567

You're still wrong, players want to play in England more than any league in the world, this much is obvious. Remember not only did City sign Robinho they beat Chelsea to him. Yet somehow Liverpool can't sign players ahead of Milan who are not in the champions league this season. In reality Liverpool could sign a player no matter who was interested in him it depends on the player. Players have prefrences and often that prefrence is England and sometimes Liverpool. See Fernando Torres.

N e J i    902

City bought Robinho cause they have huge money strength. Besides, they have a project to use that very same money to buy a bunch of top players. Also, Robinho clearly wanted to stand out. Be the star. That's why he refused Real Madrid and Chelsea.

Torres went to Liverpool because he was in a really shitty club. Also, Torres beeing Spanish and Liverpool lacking competition for his position were huge factors. Also, you gotta admit that Torres exploded to become a top player only on Liverpool. He was known before, but still wasn't world class. Still, Torres's the exception to the rule.

Aaron    2028

dude you know nothing. lol.

utd were pursuing torrres for FUCKKKING ages but he just didnt want to go there. any utd fan in england... fuck any utd fan knows this. honestly torres was fergies pick before rafas... torres just didnt want to go there.

robinho did NOT refuse chelsea. he WANTED chelsea. chelsea did NOT want him for the monstrous fee on his head. plz get ur facts straight.

and yes the premier league is probably the most attractive league in the world atm... best shown by our dominance of the champions league.

Mohamed    16
dude you know nothing. lol.

utd were pursuing torrres for FUCKKKING ages but he just didnt want to go there. any utd fan in england... fuck any utd fan knows this. honestly torres was fergies pick before rafas... torres just didnt want to go there.

robinho did NOT refuse chelsea. he WANTED chelsea. chelsea did NOT want him for the monstrous fee on his head. plz get ur facts straight.

and yes the premier league is probably the most attractive league in the world atm... best shown by our dominance of the champions league.

I just can't say the [our] in the last sentence , but I totally agree with every word you said

»Muffin    1

I need an official source saying United made a bid that Atletico said was acceptable

I also need a source saying that United made a bid for Torres.

»Liquid Snake    4567

Torres is not an exception you are just incorrect. Players want to play for Liverpool as much as anyone else.